KA heroic and raid zones only 2 plat per chest?

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Vachera, Aug 17, 2017.

1. Vachera New Member

So this has been going on for months now and don't know if this has ever been brought up. But the plat in the chests for raid and heroic instances in KA are always about 2 plat 50 gold. So in a raid we get a whopping 12g per kill in raid and 70g in heroics. I know there are tons of whales out there that got plat coming out the wazzoo I'm not one of them. When the repair bill is more then what I net after a run, it's quite disappointing. Is this ever going to be fixed or this an intentional "feature" because it will not address the absurd amount of plat some people have. I don't have hours upon hours everyday to try to stay ahead of the economy.
  2. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

Buy a Krono, sell it, repair plat problem solved for next 3 expacs.
    Snikkety likes this.
  3. Mermut Well-Known Member

Pick up the missions, run advanced solos, sell loot you don't use or salvage it and broker the fragments. It's easy to get more then enough plat to cover repairs costs with normal game play... no need to spend real money on krono or sell loot rights.
  4. Melt Actually plays the game

play for 3 days, get 6 loyalty tokens, get 500 plat, and you're good for the next 4 weeks on repairs.
    Dude and The_Real_Wurm like this.
  5. Mermut Well-Known Member

For more then 4 weeks, I hope.. that's an average of 17p per day on repairs. That's a whole lot of dying :p
    The_Real_Wurm likes this.
  6. Vachera New Member

The cost to progress in the game is well above just a few hundred plat, unless one is complacent at being an average button masher. A PG adorn is 500p, rare shinies are obscenely overpriced and plat infusing a highly valued item gouges your plat supply.

My point is that at least I would stay a bit ahead of the plat sink with nominal playing time. I'm surprised there aren't more people peeved that some coder misplaced a decimal point in a global variable and nerfed the plat chests. Are there that many folks with hundreds of millions of plat and are unphased by this?
  7. Mermut Well-Known Member

I have no problems staying ahead of the plat costs 'just playing' the game. Granted, I don't buy rare shinies and I don't plat infuse gear I expect to replace, but I've got PG adorns and such.
  8. Melt Actually plays the game

The more plat that comes from nowhere, the more stuff will be priced proportionately. You're asking for our economy to be even more inflated than before.
    Mermut and Dude like this.
  9. Konc3pt Active Member

3rd world problems
  10. Vachera New Member

You're missing the point of the question at hand. I'm asking why earlier in the year, heroic/raid chests were in line with the pattern of current content rewarding a couple plat per group member. Then right before summer hit, everything was a flat 2'ish plat. It's not asking for game changing plat to fall out of the sky for no effort. It appears to be an obvious coding error when they tried to patch something else.

Inflation will take place no matter what, just as in RL. If you put in a set number of hours at work and expect X dollars as always and suddenly it's 10% of your normal net, wouldn't that tick you off? I'd like to know whether or not the Devs are aware of it but not bothering to look into it since nobody raised the question.
    Kuulei likes this.
  11. Kuulei Well-Known Member

I understand trying to take coin out of the game, but it is pretty ridiculous that KA raids give so little. When you're doing progression, you die a LOT. Learning an encounter = deaths = repairs. Until you actually succeed, you spend far more than you get in return.
    Look at it this way, each expansion has had the coin in the raid chests lessoned. Currently 2 platinum and 50 gold per chest in KA, so expect less or NONE next expansion.:eek: