Dev Help Please! City of Qeynos Timeline

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Mercychalice, Apr 7, 2017.

1. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

The Quest The Eyes Have It. I cannot update it at all. I've finished all the other quests in Qeynos City Timeline (every single one), except this one. I can get the letter from the messenger in the Province District, talk to Lily in NQ, be zoned into Daylia's Chambers, and talk to her and the Queen. But I cannot talk to Murrar Shar in Qeynos Province District. All he tells me is "You've done much for the City of Qeynos. Thank you for your work." The quest does not update. I cannot delete and re-take the quest. It's the same results every time. Please, fix this so I can start my Epic quests. I've also sent in a /petition about this months ago, and again today.

Edit: I've also gone back to Qeynos Castle, to try talking to the Queen there. She won't update there, and Murrar Shar isn't there anymore to try to talk to him. So I'm literally stuck in a loop of "Thank you for your work for Qeynos."

If you want to take a closer look, character is Akisaara, on Halls of Fate.
  2. Enoibia Well-Known Member

I was having a look to see if I could work out what might be the problem. I can see on EQ2u that you have completed the quest that follows this - "Blood Ties". However, I don't know if this might have glitched The Eyes Have It but it seems strange that you were able to complete them apparently out of sequence. Sorry I'm not much help - just making observations. I hope you get it sorted out soon.
  3. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

I decided, since it's been almost a week with no response, to betray my alt, and that worked to do Freeport's timeline instead to start my 2.0. However, I still wish this would get resolved on Qeynos's side, because my monk has always been a goodie two-shoes, but like always, it seems I must go dark-side to accomplish getting what I want. (at least the cookies are delicious...)
  4. Kittybock Well-Known Member

I am trying to help a guildie this AM, that has this same issue, so going to Necro this thread.

He is stuck on "The Eyes Have it."

I even logged on as him (he is an older gentleman and I sometimes help if he gets really stuck on a quest). I checked with Jerol and Messenger Tibeld (Qeynos Harbor) to try to reclaim the email. I also tried chatting with the other NPC's in the quest. No update without the mail.
    • Both NPCs, Jerol and Tibeld, go through the dialogue that they have something for him, a letter from Lily Ironforge. They then say, "Here you go." At that point, I'd expect him to receive the email.
    • Even though they both give the dialogue, he does NOT receive an email.
      • We made sure some of his email was deleted so he could have room. That was not this issue. He cannot continue with the timeline.
    I can have him petition, but thought I'd list here in case others are having same issue. This appears to duplicate the issue the original OP had in this thread.
  5. Kaitheel Developer

Kittybock,

Did you check his inventory for the letter? Jerol puts replacement mails in your inventory.

~ Kaitheel
    Shmogre, Kittybock and Prissetta like this.
  6. Kittybock Well-Known Member

Oh my....he was actually checking mail, as were we. Having him check it now. Thanks :D
  7. Kittybock Well-Known Member

Thank you. He found it!

edit: the funny thing is, I've sent folks to Jerol before....don't think I've ever used him Had NO IDEA it went in the bags. This is a good to know!!