Tinkerfest Feedback & Bugs - 2017

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Jul 6, 2017.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Cool! The impression I'm getting, though, is that if you want to get everything from it that's available, you have to grind it, over and over and over and over and over and over and...rather than do, say, the one in the Commonlands, then the one in Antonica (or vice versa, of course) and be done. Grindfests < fun. :(

Uwk
    who wonders: can we save up everything we get that we'll need until we hit level 500 Tinkering? :-/
    Mermut likes this.
  2. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Yes, IF you want everything, including the familiar, and the green adorn (which requires level 100 adventurer to use), it is a grindfest. If you just want some house items, and the fluff pet, and such, it is a lot saner. The achievement for 5 runs is mix and match ... it is the same PQ in both spots, so you just have to catch one up. With more than the 2-4 players we've been running it with, it goes pretty quickly. What slows me down most is having to stop and explain each stage to new folks, and I don't begrudge that at all.

If I find enough energy, I'll add a section to the bottom of the PQ writeup with the equivalent of Cliff notes. Short explanations that you can cut & paste into shout, ooc or whatever channel your friends, group, raid, whatever can all see for each phase, to make it easier for everyone to figure out what to do when. :D

Just got another guildmate through her first run (CL now down, I am waiting for Antonica to pop) so she feels a bit more confident about being able to do it in the future.

And yes, you can save the scrap metal and everything for when you level tinkering and/or until next year, if you don't get enough parts this year.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Excellent! :D

Thanks for the reassurance on it all! :)

Uwk
  4. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

I didn't mean to solo the PQ, but nobody wanted to come out and run amok, and I figured I'd test it.

My verdict: It CAN be soloed ... if you are masochistic.

Note that I'm a very fast crafter even without potions, and I know this thing inside and out after over 2 dozen runs (!). Even with that, the first two rounds took a total of an hour to complete.

The final round took 14 minutes, This round WILL take longer than this to solo after the next patch, as there are two changes to the pylons. They will be tougher to kill AND merc damage will be significantly reduced.

So, expect that my hour and 14 minutes will be a tough benchmark to meet after the next patch. However, if you're really a stubborn masochist that can't find a single soul to help, it can be done once you know the ropes.
  5. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Hello there. Sorry for not being able to help with the testing last week, my internet was behaving (it only came up after 22h and with massive packet losses, son playing was nearly impossible, let alone in a PQ) and I had some family problems.

Anyway, I'm back and could hop along the PQ with Niami yesterday. It worked fine but I'm not sure live folks will understand it.

One feedback on the rewards: I don't understand why the spider parts and the scrap metal are no-trade and not heirloom. We not only need enough scrap metal, but we also need spider parts. If we happen to miss some components on one of our chars, shouldn't we be able to pass them to another?

I just duoed it with a lowbie char on other account, I had 1h24 left when finished (but it seems the value went up a couple of times?). Last part took a lot longer than for Niami but I'm way less geared than she is (just the stuff given by the level 100 bauble).

There's a problem on the tinkerfest Merchant too. I left the game in 2013 just after Cobal Scar release, so had a bit of backtracking to do. I did or redid all the quests (I love the smoky part) including "If They Only Had a Brain" which I had done back then already. I saw on the quest tracker and later on Zam that there was a prefix title to buy for this quest, named "Prefix Title: Brainiac" that can be bought from Myron. I checked both merchants and couldn't see said title anywhere.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

That's weird; once you've done the last quest you need to qualify for it, it should show up automatically, like any other holiday achievement title? Except for things like ranks in a city crafting society (and the titles you can get from the Loyalty Merchant), I don't remember having to buy any of them? :-/

Uwk
  7. Mermut Well-Known Member

Yup, it's not line of sight, it's line of toes.. your toes have to be able to see their toes :p
  8. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

According to ZAM and Wikia, the title had to be bought after unlocking it. Same for the "Prefix Title: Watchman" (for repeating 50 times "Great Balls of Fire" which I had only done 20 times). I could buy that one without any problems but couldn't find the Brainiac.
    At first I thought the bug was tied to the quest, then I checked the walkthrough, found that it should be bought and didn't find one of them.

Concerning the public quests. I have 2 more problems to report.
    - In Antonica, sending the mercenaries or pets to attack the pillar in the woods (-1696, 3, -662) often doesn't work. I had to toggle them as defending me, toggle them back, tell them to follow and stay until, finaly, they understood the world "attack".
    - Can we drop spider parts if we already have one in inventory?

I'm amazed that we cannot trade the blueprints. I'm not sure thatlots of people have several 500 tinkerers on their account.

And a random idea: how about putting the scraps on the merchant too, for ginormous amounts of cogs (or a couple for a platinum coin). Ok, Test is not the best place to run PQs, but doing 34 of those for just one char seems really really really boring for me.
    Ok, the PQ is great, but it's a huge grind, in the middle of the holidays during a temporary event. You'll have to run the PQ for familiars bits anyway, and you could tie the ability to buy to having done the PQ 5 times or 10.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Good to finally know that! Thanks! :D

Uwk
    who's less annoyed with it all now and more amused... ;)
    Prissetta likes this.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

[emphasis mine]

I like that last idea! That's brilliant! :)

Uwk
    Prissetta likes this.
  11. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Glad you like it Uwkete. The whole idea is to have people run the PQ but have an alternative way to complete the farm if you want stuff on several alts/everything on one and such.

Ah, I knew I had forgotten a bug yesterday.

I think it only happened in Antonica but I didn't test enough to be sure.
    Sometimes, when we have to craft "Bhoughbomb MkI", after a while, clicking on the chests doesn't bring up the recipe anymore. I tried double-clicking the chest, right-clicking and hitting "disarm" but nothing worked. It worked fine for the first 2 crafts before it stopped working. Hitting "N" and asking for "disarm" in the recipe search worked though, and I dragged the recipe on my hotbar to proceed.Once the char is bugged, it stays bugged for the rest of the PQ.
    Last time it happened, I was hit y a bomb and flew up in the sky on the previous craft. I tried to reproduce this in Commonlands without any luck.

I redid the quest in Commonlands and Antonica today, still can't reproduce it. It did happen to me 3 times, so it's not a one time thing, but I can't find what caused it in the first place. Every time I complete crafts, I fail crafts, I start crafts on yellow-glowing chests and so on, but to no avail. If I do find something I'll let you know.
  12. Chrol Developer

The timer increases at certain stages of the PQ to give folks a little extra time to complete it. Didn't want the 2nd stage to start with only a minute left from the first stage, for example.
  13. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

I haven't seen Test patch since you posted this, but may have missed it. Are these fixes live on Test now? If not, will we get to poke at them before this goes to Live later this week?
  14. Chrol Developer

Hoping for a test update tomorrow!
  15. Dyeana Active Member

Hi Chrol,

Just thought of something to occur during Tinkerfest .... Double or increased odds of blueprints of dropping from the appropriate mobs or if not possible, a merchant whom these can be purchased. Oh well, just a thought ....

Dye
  16. Kaitheel Developer

The title is on Myron, I just confirmed that. It shows up and is available for purchase after having completed the quest 5 times. Since the quest can only be done once per year, it may take a while to unlock, depending upon your previous participation.

~ Kaitheel
  17. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

5 times for a not repeatable one? Weird. But it explains it, I did it when it came out (apparently in 2011) and in 2012 and this year, so I'm missing 2 runs. Thanks Kaitheel.
    And now I feel stupid as I just saw the "repeat 5 times" on ZAM, but I would probably have dismissed it for a non-repeatable anyway.

Thanks again.
  18. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

I "get" that you want the grind for the familiar to be a grind on a single character, not pooling stuff together from alt runs. I may not be happy about it, but I'll respect the decision.

However, at the very least, could we get the dropped blueprints to be heirloom ... or their end product? They pile up fast on a single character when they're grinding for familiars, and that's a real waste when players already had to make the choice of which level 500 tinkerer they're going to grind all this with. It'd be nice to give the other tinkerers on the account the booby prize. Not being able to commission them for the alts, much less hand over the end result to said alts is sad. :( I know I'm not the only one out there with multiple level 100 adventurers that are level 500 tinkerers out there.
  19. Chrol Developer

The limited use tinkered blueprints for consumables are bonus items for the tinkerer participating in the PQ, so will stay no trade. (For now. We may revisit this after it's on live a bit.)
  20. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

That sounds like the one I already mentioned as a line-of-sight issue. It is JUST barely below the top of a tiny hill when we're going clockwise with the pylons, so your merc won't understand you until you're standing right beside it.