Too Little Carrot, Far Too Much Grind

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Doomravin, Jul 9, 2017.

1. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

Exactly. I have voiced the both the good and the bad in threads like this over the years. But, I tell you what peeps, you can complain about things relating to this game until you're blue in the face, but until peeps stop buying expect, subs, and DBC, NOTHING will change. Complaining, especially to the culture at DBG will achieve nothing now, and it never has in the past either.

You gotta put your money where your mouth is. Dont like the product, stop buying it. Until you do, they have no incentive to fix or improve a damn thing.
  2. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

Just because I dislike somethings about a product doesn't mean I hate the whole thing.

I decided yesterday that I'm going to forget about the cloak grind and just stick to things I like doing in game. Right now that is trying to finally finish all the book quests I have stacked up in the bank and hit 5000 quests done.
    Raff, Juraiya and Livejazz like this.
  3. Livejazz Well-Known Member

There are a lot of things I like about EQ2, & in many ways I still think it's the best currently available MMO. If I didn't think such things, I likely would not have come back at all. But if I had done my research better -- like, if I'd asked a few questions here on the forums -- I would not have purchased "Kunark Ascending." As I've said before, I'll take that hit; my lack of research is on me. But you can bet I will not even think of buying the next expac without asking those questions. Because what will I get more pleasure out of, for roughly the same money -- the next expac, or the next "adventure book" for D&D? At this point, I'd say the D&D book is hands-down the better investment.
  4. Earar Well-Known Member

a lot of people already canceled their yearly subscription.
    it will all come to next expac anyway. Now it's too late ..
    Mizgamer62 and Livejazz like this.
  5. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

If there was more than one BiS item, then it wouldn't be BiS.
  6. Beyoncia Well-Known Member

The game is still the most convinient game to play and one of the best MMO, at least for me. Too bad it's becoming very boring and grindy.
    I have no plans to leave it, but I'll play less if the course continues. At some point I'll stop raiding and go slack decorate mode.
    Livejazz likes this.
  7. Yannos Member

they simply need to stop splitting the playerbase and stop adding stats that do that since its obvious they don't know what they are doing when it comes to stats, and think people love stats on top of stats with more stats.

the idea that only the "elite" on servers can get these new items is beyond stupid especially with a playerbase as low as EQ2 has. if this was WOW with 5+ million players then i could understand it a bit more. but having a new even and basically locking it to maybe 50 players on each server is outright stupid.
    Juraiya, Mizgamer62 and Livejazz like this.
  8. Merriel Well-Known Member

I just canceled my second subscription...down to just one paid account now. The Gateway to Adventure Pack is a total joke...claimable only on one character and one claim per account for $30. I can think of many other better ways to invest my money. They can keep their spell upgrades...I'm not buying into it. They can keep their Gateway to Adventure Pack...I'm not buying into it. They can keep their 'member-only' usable items...I'm not buying into it. I will just continue to pay my monthly membership on one account, until it gets to the point I don't want to log into the game at all anymore.

Yes, I am stating my two cents, so that DBG knows how I feel about these changes they keep bringing about, though I am beyond believing they even care about my opinions...I just want to make it clear that I do not approve and I am willing to speak with my wallet. It's not just the adventure pack that I do not approve of, however...it's some of the many changes they have implemented over the course of the last year or so and the lack of customer support since they took over from SOE and I have long been considering what course of action I want to take.

The day may come in the near future when I finally decide not to come back at all, but I haven't quite hit that point just yet. The game itself is still enjoyable, though I still skip a lot of content because I don't like the aggravation that comes along with it. I will simply continue to play the game my way and ignore their subtle or not so subtle prompts to try and get me to play the game the way they want me to. I'm not buying into it.

THIS is how I feel about things right now, take it or leave it.
    Jrox, Whiomaju, Juraiya and 3 others like this.
  9. Conifur Well-Known Member

Cancelled my yearly.

Cancelled my monthly sub on my other two account after I saw what KA was, did not get the expansion for them either.

Was thinking with FG I would activate my other two accounts, until I played it for a weekend and decided against it. In the past I would have paid the $15 to activate it, but i have learned my lesson with them and will not blindly believe them anymore - verify everything.

Will not buy the next expansion - done with this game.

No, I am not giving away my plat.
    Whiomaju, Mizgamer62 and Livejazz like this.
  10. Livejazz Well-Known Member

Reiterated to reinforce & enhance truthiness.
  11. Regolas Well-Known Member

Picked up EQ2 in 2009 after playing EQ1 from 1999-2006. Subscribed throughout.

I quit 3-4 months ago. I genuinely miss the game (hence why I check the forums), but I am not coming back to hundreds of hours of pre-grinding before I'm useful to a group. It ain't worth it and sucks the fun out.

And group dungeons is what I enjoy in the game.
    Tekka and Mizgamer62 like this.
  12. Sowy Active Member

He/She was pretty clear that it would be class dependent. Sometimes(Often) something is BIS for a tank that is not BIS for a scout for example.
    Livejazz and Earar like this.
  13. Jrox Well-Known Member

I am officially down to one account. Guess it was coming. I still enjoy raiding, but I have become ever so bored with the other parts of the game. I am forcing myself to do the Ethereal event on my main only and trying to fight through the PG's as well on just my main. There will never be an alt at this point other than having them to run PG's until that's done. We shall see what November will bring as the sub on my main still has like 6 months.
    Mizgamer62 and Earar like this.