Tinkerfest Feedback & Bugs - 2017

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Jul 6, 2017.

1. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

The green adorn is now leveling - thanks Caith!

While waiting for one to pop so I can try to rally testers to test the changes, what is the timing on the PQs? Are/will they be staggered so Antonica and Commonlands won't both be up at the same time? How frequently should they be spawning, so we can tell if something is askew with the cycle?
  2. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

• "Mechanomagnetic Discharge" still does not properly grey out if you do not have enough power to cast it
    • "Static Strike" is still wonky for hotbar population at times - saved hotbars for the win! :D
    • Level 2 artisan is now able to help in the first two stages, as of today's patch. (That was one of the fixes that didn't "stick" until today.) They get some great xp, too, since the recipe difficulty is level 10. (Mind you, they then get stuck at level 9 until they hail a crafting trainer to choose their level 10 subclass, so they can't just level until the recipe greys out in one fell swoop unless they do some running/gating/etc.)
    • The tinkered assault crawlers from "Emergency Protocol Assault Blueprint" properly commission and decrement the recipe uses by 1.
    • One of the other testers caught that you can 1-shot the yard trash in the area with Static Strike. Perhaps it would be good to change the 3 attacks to only work on the berserk-o-matics? (I can just see someone trying to race the duration timer on those assault-o-matons to take down one of the HQ targets in the zone or other griefing.)
    • The explosion radius for the bombs is larger than the crafting range on them, leading to some injuries in the 3 new-to-the-pq folks I ran through it today. One made the suggestion that the blast range be shrunk a bit to match.
    Pylon targeting in CL was better, though there were still complaints about it.
  3. Chrol Developer

Not finding anything out of the ordinary with Mechanomagnetic Discharge, but I'll keep digging.
    Will get that added. (Should already be on the other possession spells.)
    I actually reduced the blast radius by half, from 10 to 5 meters. There's plenty of room to craft out of range of the bombs. If I reduce the radius even more there'd be no danger from them.
  4. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

• The Antonica pylons are still targeting at inconsistent heights.The one in the NE corner still has the name/targeting up near the very top, the others are lower down.
    • The pylon in the SE corner (in Antonica) is *just* barely down a bit of an incline if you are working clockwise (coming from the NE pylon) around the pylons. This means you get line-of-sight errors until you're almost on top of it. (A pain for ranged folks and for sending in mercs.)
    • Speaking of mercs, the pylons still take a chunk of time for a small group to trim down ... until you have a merc. Mercs chew through pylons like nobody's business. Probably too much so. While I hate the thought of increasing the time sink, if you get a big enough raid group going on this, there may be folks who won't even be able to get a hit in edgewise.
    • While on the pylon phase I saw a message flash by that so-and-so-"awakens Bhoughbh Nova-Prime MkII" ...so at least one form of mez effect must be working on him.
    • One of the biggest problems we now have as new folks dive in to try it, is an issue folks will see on live. During the pylon phase, even after repeating myself several times asking that mercs be pulled OFF Bhoughbh as they do no damage, and repeating that whomever had aggro had to pull Bhoughbh to the player that had the electromagnetic charge around them, it wasn't sinking in. This meant more times of being sucked in, blasted up and damaged by the electromagnetic discharge because Bhoughbh was on the other side of the field from us. Yep, this is a learning curve thing. Yep, this is like herding cats. Nope, I don't know if there's much you can do about it. I'm just stating this so you know if I start growling, it is because I'm already to the point of either biting someone or crying when this happens as more folks start participating. :p Folks are going to insist on trying to tank/fight Bhoughbh directly with themselves and their mercs, no matter how many shared channels you repeat yourself on.
  5. Kasa Well-Known Member

Not sure if this is working as intended but I don't see any animation for Poke on the house pet Spidermech Defender.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  6. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

As a point of information for those wanting the familiar this year, instead of accumulating for next year.

The event runs for 14 days. You will need roughly 28 runs in order to get the metal needed for JUST the familiar. Ample harvest can trim this down a run or two. So, expect to do an average of 2 runs a day, more if you also want the green adorn.
  7. Chrol Developer

Issue with Mechanomagnetic Discharge not graying out is fixed, and Static Strike "should" be populating the hotbar 100% of the time.

Regarding the pylons, their hitpoints have been increased and mercs should do less damage to them now. Also, collision has been removed from them to hopefully fix the target boxes moving.
  8. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Thank you, sir! We're down to the nigglies, I think/hope, with over a week to spare! {pants}
  9. Kaitheel Developer

So about that Necromech Gazer Plushie...

Yeah, it'll have the correct appearance soon (tm).

~ Kaitheel
  10. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

You mean it isn't supposed to look like Billy's evil twin? ;)

I can't wait to get a peek at it!
  11. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Beware of premature explodination! {snickering} So, once in a while (probably happens to me every other run or so), you get a failed to disarm message on the bomb stage at the end of the crafting combine. You still get the bomb to throw at Bhoughbh, you spent less than the 60 seconds on the disarm from the moment you clicked to when you finished, you just ... go flying.

It is rather amusing. {sings} I believe I can flyyyyyyyyyyyyy
  12. Kasa Well-Known Member

Still no animation for the "Poke" option on the house pet Spidermech Defender. :)
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Billy looks evil enough without any help...thank the gods I have illusory appearances turned off when I have to use mine! :eek:

Uwk
  14. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

Kept going on all evening and got to where it was doing it for all zoning. So I'll try again. Did run the verify files so let's see how it goes. Thanks for the reply.
  15. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

I noticed that many recent LOS issues I'm having are due to the game apparently using my feet as the location of my eyes. I'd need a lot more eyedrops if that were true. I assume it's to do with foiling botting, but that's just a general assumption. It could be simply to save time not calculating 2-3 feet above ground level before attempting LOS.

Maybe the simplest solution is to have a few piles of scrap lying around that people can stand on. Or dug-up piles of dirt from machinery digging in? Just a thought.
  16. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I can't even find the new PQ in either area
  17. Jexi Well-Known Member

Wow! You know this is going to be fun. Something new and different for one of our beloved holidays.
  18. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

They're only easy to find when they're actually up. (A very visible cog will show up on the zone map when it is up in that zone. They seem to be on a roughly 2-hour timer in each zone ... maybe? Still hard to get the timing down. But they're currently staggered, so once one is done, it is "roughly" an hour before the one in the other zone will fire off and "roughly" 2 hours before it will be back in that zone ... ish? Really haven't been able to nail this down more with everything going on in my life.

Taken from my writeup on the event: The Antonica version of the PQ is between the druid rings/wizard spires and Caltorsis at around -1583, -1, -729. The Commonlands version is in the Graveyard Plains area at around 123, -43, 417
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I've always thought the LOS (Line Of Sight, right? acronyms...), especially when trying to target an opponent, meant that if you could see every single last bit of someone/something except below their ankles, you couldn't target them ("Can't see target" or whatever the heck that infuriating message is when you can't see their widdle toesy-woesies), since the targeting was based on their personal base at their feet. If we were doing table-top miniature wargaming or roleplaying, it's as if you couldn't target someone based on where their magnet wound up (we always put our figs on magnets to transport them; metal tool boxes and fishing tackle boxes FTW!). X-P

Interesting to think it may be based on where my feet are... ;)

Uwk
    Semperfifofum likes this.
  20. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

The PQ is not up in either zone right now, but I am parked watching for it. Keep an eye on the test.test channel if you want to participate. I am hoping to get a couple runs in before I run out of steam today. (I've been walking folks through it for days, so don't fret if you don't know what to do. As long as you are artisan 2 or higher, you can contribute to the first two stages, and anyone that can make it through CL or Ant without too much trouble can contribute to the final stage.)