DBG..half your eq2 population are not ready for experts.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Arieva, Jul 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Earar Well-Known Member

it can be way faster to farm chel drak for the rune than farm THAT rune
  2. Earar Well-Known Member

there are non raiders who are well equiped (expert lost in fog, expert smothering bracelets are still really good items, same for the non expert ones) .. and some non raiders get lots of tithe. Some non raiders have better stats than raiders just with tithe and farming heroic/expert zones.

but yeah ... if you just wake up and start expert today .. it might hurt a bit (one is ok .. 2 isn't)

if u have a good group, u can afford someone with less dps .. but 2 becomes a bit hard unless u got a REALLY good group.

there's still time to gear up though and to wake up :)

(people have acces to PG stuff, to expert loot, to burned key, to epic and epic items, to the BiS off hand ... earrings and the tome .. so at one point u can't complain DBG didn't allow non raiders to gear !!)
    Mathafern likes this.
  3. Monstuhr Well-Known Member

Candidly, I am one of those "elitists" who believe that BiS should come from top end raid drops. That said, I also recognize that in order to motivate players to run other content you need to provide some of those items in other formats. Ethereals have become one of those types of items.

Given that, if the way to obtain an item is from any kind of grind - tokens/running repeatedly for a ultra rare drop, then the grind should take place in content that is available to the masses. You should be able to run them repeatedly and quickly to get your chances at the rare drop/currency. You should be able to cycle your alts through as well without an unrealistic time investment - because the ultimate time investment is spread over the number of times you need to do it, not the time invested in one run.

Ultimately, I think it would have been a better choice to have done what they did in the past and use the regular heroic versions instead of the expert versions for this event.
    Mermut, Lucus and Juraiya like this.
  4. Earar Well-Known Member

if u return NOW on EQ2 .. just try to gear up to be ready for next xpac. We have someone who just started or restarted on our guild now ... and we clearly told him that he needed to do stuff, like epic weapon, ascensions, signature quest ... trying to do as much as he can now to get ready for next xpac because now it's a bit too late. He even got into an expert group when he didn't even finish his signature quest and one insulted him (though they should have checked his HP and realise he wasn't fit for expert)

yes, it's tough on returning players, but when I came back in september or october this year .. up to february I only did solo ... only after that did I manage to ask for guild group .. realise I sucked in DPS and worked hard to be where I am now. Still way behind in tithe ... but now I can hold my own on this xpac. and do experts with no issue.

They focused this ethereal event for raiders, for expert groupers, I'm fine with that .. and be sure ... people complain now but at least they now will work a bit to start experts, may take a while at first, but they'll gear up and things will go fatser. We all started that way ... my first wiz den expert .. couldn't kill nazkra ... ow we can kill the king with only one bomb.

and LOTS of people want everything to be done for them, can't look at wiki but keep asking questions over and over again and want the best loot with less effort ! lots of people do that.
  5. Conifur Well-Known Member

This I think is the reason a lot of people have trouble doing experts and those people who have their grps they run experts with won't pick up others. I know a person with enough resolve to run them (and tries) but his important stats are just horrible and brings little to the fight DPS wise. Just making the resolve check in no way makes your grp successful; you must have those other stats to complete it. That is a huge turn off for people who can run these zones because they do not want to spend all day in them with DPS gumming the targets to death. Resolve is not what is holding people back, it is the fact they sacrifice all the other stats to try to reach the lower limits of the zones they think they should be doing.
    Scrappyz and Earar like this.
  6. Mermut Well-Known Member

Yup.. too many people get more and more resolve.. even beyond what they need.. usually at the expense of potency.. because all they hear about is resolve..and high resolve low potency 'stuff' is dirt cheap in auction.
    Scrappyz and Conifur like this.
  7. Melt Actually plays the game

8. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

Man, there's so much I want to comment on in this thread... but like my momma always said: "if you can't say something nice, be passive aggressive, elitist and condescending instead"

To put it in the vernacular of today's crowd: "I literally just can't even"

Couple of things though:

Expert Ongawhateverhisnissm name is - only around 400 people killed him? Heck - stick an RNG BiS item on him, that'll drive up the numbers. I mean, why kill and expert boss who drops lumps of coal? Spend a couple hours in there with a pug for 2 infusers and a some leather? Risk vs. reward seems to play a major factor in the whole "number of kills thing". That, and I'm sure missions. Remember the old ToT zones - Masters Chosen and that other that /nobody/ liked to run - but was put on the weekly eth mission list? Yeah. That.

And LOL at putting the new Eth event in the expert zones. Srsly. Perhaps the next "wave" will turn out like this:

Cue Don Fontain voiceover: "In a world, filled with violence, their only weapon is RNG..."

Ethereal Paraphanerial are random drops (here it comes) of broken pieces! Yes!
    [eyetwitching intensifies]

Each expert or heroic zone drops 1 random piece of a random ethereal item. Part 1 of 6 of 4, if you will. (ear, neck, charm, cloak)

After those six broken pieces of the 1 item you've collected, you need [NUM] ethereal tokens to buy the "glue" that fixes it from an ethereal crafting vendor - who's got a small favor to ask before he'll sell you the glue.

(questfeather) He needs some ethereal gloop that's harvested from Shadebuds in Obuluos Frontier!

After you bring the harvests to him, his vendor list appears, and there's the glue.... that requires 50k positive faction with the Ethereal Tradesfolk of Obulous Frontier.

You see, the EthFolk don't want to deal with anyone who's not a team player, so your faction will be earned (the other shoe) by defeating heroic Proving Grounds bosses!
    [random screeching]

So yeah - be thankful its not me behind the wheel of this horizontally challenged people mover.
  9. Airvh Active Member

Middle ground can be found by setting it up so you can get a couple coins from the Weekly. Even if people just do heroic zones and finish them all for the weekly they get ___# of coins. Make it like one day worth 3 coins. This way people who are not able to do expert zones can get some coins just not very many so it might take a little while for them to save up if they only do the weekly.
    Juraiya likes this.
  10. Melt Actually plays the game

because... because

what

he's a warlock
  11. Kickya Active Member

Ethereal coins SHOULD have been available in Heroic and Expert.

1 coin in Adv Solo ( not solo )
    2 coins in Heroic
    3 coins in Expert

doubled if a member and limited to 10 coin per cay per character

Coins should also be account wide like pg coins and then off set this by ramp up the price of items
  12. Earar Well-Known Member

Don't give them ideas with the broken gear .. they might like it.

People need to realise the new cliak is goid yes but the old tradeskill cloak is still very good.
    Yes 5 fervor on rune is nice but chel drak drops a 5 forcor purple rune, and u can 1 group it, so more chances to get it if u always go with same group.

If your cloak class effect is crappy, is it really worth it ? And for healers, at least non warders, 5 fervor won't make a difference, won't make u a better healer.

So if you've never done expert, that cloak doesn't do anything for u, the tradeskill cloak is really good enough.

So stop complaining and do experts.

I started experts on my tank with only epic rewards, heroic gear, and nothing coming from raid. And we managed. Same for my warden, i solo healed templed with just enough resolve to do expert. And i have less than 30 tithe.
    So people have no excuses, if i managed to go through experts, most people can. Maybe it's time to think of how u built your toon. Yes i also did the mistake of wanting more resolve coz i thought it would add to my damage .. but i read forums, i learned the important stats abd worked to be a better player.
    If people were scared coz expert is too hard, well too bad for u, u missed precious time.
  13. Melt Actually plays the game

Doubtful, just due to lockout timers I'd think. And my guild kills cheldrak 3 times a week and has never seen a rune, so that's something to consider.
  14. Melt Actually plays the game

Well to be fair, the only thing holding back my guild from killing t4s is our healer dps. T4s are simply not possible with half your raid force doing 200m dps or less...
  15. RadarX Community Manager

We're going to go ahead and close this thread as there have been a few forum guidelines violations. Please remember when posting to keep things constructive and on topic.
    Gnaff likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.