Set Sail For Slaver's Isle - Still un-doable years later on TLE

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Xephane, Jul 11, 2017.

1. Xephane Active Member

I'm not complaining about this quest so-to-speak but more pointing out that on TLE the Slaver's Isle zone is impossible to complete at level (40+). The first group of mobs seems to work as intended, but it is nearly impossible to pull the next group without getting an extra 5 or more groups with it (body pull or spell pull). These groups also consist of multiple mobs. Generally 3 if I recall correctly. They seem to have a social aggro connection even before being pulled, and they aren't linked together.

If one does not mentor to something about 5 or below it seems the zone cannot be done, no quest should be this way, and it is crucial for the Freeport Timeline. My 42 wizard gets smashed in this zone, even when mentored to around level 20. I'm sure it's impossible for every class too though, considering many of the mobs have crowd control and hit really hard, especially when it's an army against one.

This has been the case for many years, I mentioned this at the beginning of Deathtoll when my monk was of level, and it is still the case to this day. Please adjust it so we aren't forced to mentor to do this one quest on TLE. Everything else is fine to my knowledge. This is a truly broken quest without a doubt, it should be looked into.

Thanks!
  2. Sinhika Well-Known Member

I agree. I got it done on one TLE toon because a fellow guildie was stuck on the same quest, at the same step, so we were able to enter the instance together and duo it. Even on live it is a very difficult quest because of the inability to pull just one group--I have done it with a shadowknight fully loaded with AAs, but not with anyone else. (Frankly, haven't bothered to try; it isn't worth it).
    Xephane likes this.
  3. Kaitheel Developer

Thank you, Xephane!

The design of the zone was never intended to be so difficult as to be near impossible, but I suspect the code for the TLE servers, which was designed to raise the tier on some mobs, made this one waaaaay too difficult. That code can't be changed without changing all sorts of other encounters on TLE, but thanks to your observations, I can do something to make this content viable again! I am reducing the maximum number of mobs in a group, and they will no longer be social. This should help.

I'm not sure when the change will be live. Watch for the following change to be listed in the update notes when the change hits the servers:
    • Set Sail For Slaver's Isle - The Rujarkian and dervish mobs on Slavers' Isle have been reduced in number and should be less likely to overwhelm.
    ~ Kaitheel
    Fink, Dude, Xephane and 1 other person like this.
  4. Xephane Active Member

Thank you very much for your reply and fix! Much appreciated :)
  5. TheCrux Member

2 years after this was bug reported on Stormhold TLE and this one is finally getting fixed!
    RIP SH
  6. Xephane Active Member

At least it's all good to go now ;)