/sarcasm off Thank you for the new Ethereal coin grind

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Gharyn, Jul 12, 2017.

1. Gharyn Well-Known Member

I mean it. I took a look at the rewards, calculated how many runs I would need to get everything I would want and it was a no-brainer. It's not worth it for me. I can relax this summer. I'm free.

I may even venture "outside" into the big scary world once or twice. I've heard that people even walk around without armor or swords. I can hardly imagine a fantasy world like that. Sounds like a dream.
    Quillyne, Tekka, Neiloch and 11 others like this.
  2. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

I'll be enjoying the gym and the lake more, it's very liberating!
    Mizgamer62, Neiloch, Feldon and 2 others like this.
  3. Mathafern Well-Known Member

There is something to be said for stepping away from the computer every once and a while (and not just to go to the other computer with Total War running on it...)
    Mizgamer62, Feldon, Snikkety and 2 others like this.
  4. Djwidem Member

It feels great tbh.

Finally quit this crap last night and it was such a relief. No fun for months, grinding out solos just to progress through broken raid content, just to see them copy paste last years cloaks, which aren't even better for my class. GG

I sincerely wish the leftovers good luck.
    Mizgamer62, Tekka, Neiloch and 4 others like this.
  5. Daelini Active Member

I am enjoying it...going to the beach this weekend, reading a great book, I can catch up on a few tv shows and finally get my MNK to 70 and geared out...maybe even work on an Astrologian or Scholar for a while.

I simply refuse to do this thoughtless grind anymore. I hate it because I am falling behind my raid force but PG is boring as can be, FG xp is worse than playing a Korean grind game and I am not pug an expert zone (I have horrible luck...last one I was top DPS and HPS - on a Defiler...)
  6. Carni Active Member

I'm truly happy to see that so many people are finally figuring this out. Bravo, enjoy that sunshine!
    Mizgamer62, Neiloch, Feldon and 2 others like this.
  7. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

Agreed. A lot of people are trying hard to get to the top doing same things again and again. Well, I suppose it can be fun for a while but there always be a moment when you stop doing it and switch to a more relaxed activity. Like I did it many years ago. I play EQ2 for year without any obligations to anyone, I launch EQ2 when I want it and not when I need to.
  8. Kristabella Well-Known Member

IoR has a very small server population to begin with. When FG came out and everyone rushed over there, it is not uncommon to log in, in the middle of the day to find 22 people on the entire server. Finally a few started coming back after getting a few of those promised items for their level 100 alts, and more people started logging in, 50-60 at times.

Now with this, it is not going to be even doable for most as I see it. A few guilds may get some done with some kind of consistency, but the rest of the server won't get squat. They have figured it out now, and now these people who came back after the FG opening, are off to find new games to play else where. Not everyone, but enough to make such a diff, that there are times you can't even get a PQ in Obulus.

All the money time and effort everyone on this server has wasted, is for nothing. All people can do here is hope people come back, and just look past these coins/cloak, and forget they even exist, because unless we can buy then from others (which wont happen until all those that can get them, get everything they want), it's not gonna happen.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  9. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

We pay per hour of entertainment and it is not wasted money as long as we enjoy it.

Play on FG while waiting for the next expansion or better look elsewhere and please stop being unhappy and make people around you unhappy too. It is quite OK to play some other games. I play EQ2 for years and I played WoW, BDO, ESO, FFXIV and I play some non-MMO games too.
  10. Kristabella Well-Known Member

I am glad you are enjoying what you spend your money on. I am not, and by the looks of things in this post alone, I am not the only one.

Lord forbid someone not kiss up to DBG, and make a post about how let down they feel. I am entitled to how I feel and how I look at things, as well as you are.

Please spread your cheer everywhere you go. I am glad at least one person is happy with everything here.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  11. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

You are not the only, no. People come and people go. With many thousands of players it happens constantly.
  12. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

lol many thousands of players and sinking fast.

I get it, you are probably a level locker and going around questing, which is great and a fun way to play the game.

But unless you have a hidden level 100 alt somewhere who has been through the KA expansion grind, you can not compare your play style to ours or even comment on it to be honest, since they are as far apart as the Earth is to Pluto.
  13. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

A number of active players in EQ2 is about the same for the last 12 months.So, despite of all gloom and doom on forum EQ2 boat is making it good and shows no signs of sinking :)
  14. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

The reality of most of our friends lists shows a completely other story.
  15. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

Like I said people come and people go.
    The total number of active players (including alts) is about the same for the last 12 months. This is also a fact.
  16. KythosMeltdown Active Member

It's been about the same for linger than that :p http://steamcharts.com/app/201230.

It's very common for people to just cycle through MMOs these days
  17. knine Well-Known Member

The grind has just been put to us so much the past year that you probably forget that the last expac ethereal only had a chance to drop on release, then they changed it to one daily quest and a weekly, so THIS should've come as no surprise to anyone lol. They should release the floodgates on ascension for any and all returning players or new players so they can actually catch up and not feel bogged down. Had a friend rejoin about 2 weeks ago and has spent all his books waiting on refresh and next book so he can reach next ascension level to progress his epic. The expansion is 3 months away from being complete, remove the ascension restriction already.
  18. Steelviper Active Member

You didn't really expect them to put out the Summer ethereals as anything else than the same hard grind KA already is, did you? I mean, like not much thought around that, put out some slightly better items than before, and let people run in a wheel if they want it.

Not that I wouldn't be able to run the Experts at this point, I'm all geared and stat-set for that, but I just mostly finished another hard grind (after many others before that) in Proving Grounds, it is Summer, and I certainly won't be jumping over myself to get a slightly better cloak with an adorn which is the only excuse to use that cloak, in yet another mind-numbing hard grind.
    I'll join in some Expert groups here and there for some fun of course, but all the grind to amass the new ethereal coins, no thanks.
  19. Melt Actually plays the game

@Talejazz
    Livejazz likes this.
  20. Feldon Well-Known Member

I've been enjoying playing NES, SNES, and Genesis games on my Lakka-powered Raspberry Pi. Also Giana Sisters on Xbox One. Great platformer! I might even get around to playing some of the Steam games I buy but never seem to play.
    Livejazz, Mizgamer62, Gharyn and 4 others like this.