Tinkerfest Feedback & Bugs - 2017

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Jul 6, 2017.

1. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

Having issues where every time I attempt to zone into the guild hall it sends me to the character screen. Then I have to completely log out and restart the game to log back in. Otherwise, I get a message stating my toon is in the game, try back in a few moments.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

Also getting kicked to login screen trying to zone into KlaK Anon for the tinkerfest quest there.
  3. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

The benefits/drawbacks of getting a weekly massage - it gives my mind time to ponder yet another minor novella.

It is great that you went to the trouble to make the Tinkerfest PQ level-agnostic, but I'm now questioning the lure for low-level characters with regards to the rewards. Now that I've been through 6 rounds of rewards in amidst our failed or broken runs, here's where I am coming from with this.

1. Gear - I am assuming that the gear reward scales with adventure level. If so, that's a small carrot. However, they could run a level agnostic dungeon in about the same amount of time and get a lot more xp (xp from every mob instead of just the xp reward at the end) and more loot. So small lure, but ...
    2. House items - these are nice, these are great, but will it be enough for them, given the time commitment this will need?
    3. Spidermech parts - they can't use them if they're truly low-level, since tinkering level is capped by adventuring/tradeskill level. Can't use them, can't give them away. Could store them forever and a day, but ..
    4. Charged tinkering recipes - same as with the spidermech parts - they're not a 500 tinkerer if they're low with both adventuring and tradeskill, they can't give away or sell them (no-trade), AND the items that we've seen so far are a cure/ward that requires level 100 adventurer to use, and a dumbfire pet that requires level 65 adventuring to use.
    5. scrap metal - they can't make the spidermech, they can't use the green adorn (level 100 adventurer), they can't save them and commision one of those charged tinkering recipes as they'll be too low level to use the result ... so, unless I've not seen something aimed at the low levels from the scrap metal, this is also something they can't use.
    6. If they're really low level, the sovereigns will just sit in their currency tab and gather dust.
    7. The shiny tinkerfest cogs are nice, but with the same time commitment, they could gather considerably more, AND have some shinies to sell
    There may be some loot for the lower levels that I haven't seen yet. That is the issue with trying to figure out random loot drops, after all. But, just in case, I want to raise the question while there's still time to address it.

If there were huge crowds at every PQ, it would go very fast, negating the time sink concerns, but my fear is that there won't be those huge crowds. With all the things to learn while under a timer, the fear that hardcore grinders won't have the patience to explain what to do so that the low levels can help, and the questionable loot lures for the lower levels, I worry that it will be off-putting to many players. I want this to be popular, I want to see lots of folks participating. It is clear that a LOT of work went into this not only from a story perspective, but a mechanics and design perspective.
  4. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

That sounds more like a file corruption issue with the install on your computer.since everyone else so far seems to be fine with guildhalls and Klak'Anon.

I'd verify game assets from the launchpad after selecting the Test Server. If that doesn't help, I suspect folks in the Player Support forum can suggest what file(s) need to be deleted and repatched.
  5. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

So, this is happening if and only if the PQ immediately restarts after you finish the one before it. It seems that when we do a first run in Ant or CL and complete it, it instantly respawns for a second run. It does not respawn after that second run, but we've been doing/seeing pairs of back-to-back runs. When this happens, you can have Kerser Mk-Ginormous hovering over the ginormous scrap heap, like so:

[IMG]
    Yep, that's two of 'em. :D
  6. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

The above is in relation to the greater spiritstone. As an added point of information, it also does not gain experience when you kill an xp-granting mob. I broke down and made one tonight to check the combine. (I now have all the spidermech drops, but I need a metric boatload more runs before I have all the scraps, so I didn't feel too bad about yoinking some of the scraps to test the adorn.)
  7. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Last post for the night, I promise.

Kasa caught this one and pinged me. We're seeing the following on the familiar window on Test. One of the ? at the top is the spidermech, and shows the proper stats. The other two look like they are potential future ones, currently statless, and probably don't belong in the display quite yet.

[IMG]
  8. Dyeana Active Member

I didn't break it with Duchy .... I really didn't mean to .... :(

Just a poor GM pet and Merc. I will try to be there later today for further testing, let me know when.

I still have the crazy thought in my head .... Combines during Tinkerfest .... The tribute to tinkerers ..... Annddd...... :rolleyes:

Why do the combines as part of Tinkerfest not result in the possibility of skillups??? :eek:

Still in some crazy way it seems like the recipes, and other combines should result in at least some skillups in the Tinkering for those below the max level. I know the old desire to have all level 2 artisian but still...... I feel combines during Tinkerfest should promote Tinkering and nudge fols with some skillups as part of the combines be it from quests or recipes, and even the new PQ.

Dye
    Prissetta likes this.
  9. Chrol Developer

Will add a small knockback to push players out from within the pylon's collision.
  10. Chrol Developer

Might be lag, as it doesn't seem to happen all the time. Will see if I can give the components another way.
    The parts should be cleaned up after the PQ ends. I'll make sure this is added.

This is intended. It's a massive offensive buff, which we don't want you keeping throughout Antonica and Commonlands, laying waste to all its inhabitants!

The wreck and the PQ shouldn't be active at the same time. That's a bug and is fixed internally already.

I'll move it.

Nothing I can do about that, unfortunately, not without code support.

New abilities getting loaded into a possessed creature's hotbars is always finicky, but I'll see what can be done. What you can do is set up your hotkeys the way you like, then /savehotkeys <name> (e.g. /savehotkeys tinkerfestpq), then when you possess another clockwork, enter /loadhotkeys tinkerfestpq.
    Kasa and Niami DenMother like this.
  11. Dyeana Active Member

Oh I just had a bad thought as I read Chrol's response .....

I wonder how the possessed creatures hotbar loading will respond with 50 to 100 people descending on the PQ. Not sure we can test that here on Test. Need massive lag generator <grins>.

Even better, is the response of 10 people trying to possess the same creature. :rolleyes:

Dye
  12. Chrol Developer

Possession of the assault-o-matons only occurs when you're crafting at a disabled assault-o-maton, and it allows only one person crafting at it, so this shouldn't be an issue.
  13. Kaitheel Developer

Yeesh! I'm not sure how that snuck by me. Thank you! I'll get the initial size reduced.

~ Kaitheel
  14. Chrol Developer

Next update will have the following Tinkerfest PQ changes:
    • Fixed a bug that was causing Hack 'n Slash to restart immediately after the previous one ended.
    • Static Strike should more reliably appear in the hotbar when taking control of an assault-o-maton MkI.
    • When a berserk-o-matic MkII is destroyed, any possessed assault-o-maton MkI's within 10 meters are fully healed.
    • Moved a berserk-o-matic MkII and an assault-o-maton MkI out of the cemetary area in Antonica.
    • Charging Pylons are now called Energizer Pylons.
    • Anyone within 5 meters of an Energizer Pylon when they become attackable are moved a few meters away to avoid being stuck within them.
    • All disarm Bhoughbomb parts should now be given when clicking Kerser the first time.
    • Bhoughbomb MkI's are now stackable.
    • All parts used to craft during Hack 'n Slash are removed after each stage.
    • Bhoughbh Nova-Prime MkII should no longer be killable.
    Kasa, Prissetta and Niami DenMother like this.
  15. Alenna Well-Known Member

what guild hall are you trying to log into? my friend on live is having trouble with the Restored High Keep.
  16. Alenna Well-Known Member

is it intended that you not be able to click on the pylons in the tinkerfest PQ to target them? Tab target and F8 to get nearest attackable mob works but can take some time to target the right mob. clicking the mob has always been easier for me. If it is intended it might frustrate those of us who find the click on target option easier if it isn't you might want to fix that.
  17. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

As I said when you asked in-channel, he's been working on it. The tweaks he made to make the targeting better late last week didn't "stick" (along with the level 2 artisan stuff, etc,), and we should see improvement next patch. :)

For *some* of them, you can click around the middle of the pylon to target, some need the top right now, and some just like being fussy.
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

So, that's how baby Ginormouses (Ginormice?) get made... ;->

Uwk
    Faeonara and Prissetta like this.
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Er, so have it shut off when you're out of the radius of the PQ? That way, the participants aren't aggravated into hair loss, and the inhabitants of the surrounding areas are safe. /shrug

Uwk
  20. Chrol Developer

It won't be an issue as the buff increments rather quickly.