Tinkerfest Feedback & Bugs - 2017

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Jul 6, 2017.

1. Kaitheel Developer

Tinkerfest is now active on Test!

Like clockwork, Tinkerfest has returned! Take up your favorite wrench in celebration of all things gnomish, be they metal, combustive, mathematical, experimental, or a combination thereof! Adventures, rewards, buyables and crafted items await you, both new and familiar at Gnomeland Security, your headquarters for all things Tinkerfest, in Steamfont Mountains. There have also been reports of some clockwork activity in both Antonica and The Commonlands, any metal-minded tinkerer would be wise to check it out!

New features for '17!
    • Stormhold (TLE server) – the event is active, except:
      • aether races (Great Divide, Butcherblock, Lavastorm, Tenebrous Tangle), "The Reticent Tinkerer", and "Hack 'n Slash"
    • Fallen Gate (TLE server) – No event participation due to limited content access.
    • New Public Quest
      • Hack ‘n Slash (in Antonica and The Commonlands)
    • New Achievement
      • What About Bhoughbh
    • Myron, Tinkerfest Merchant, in Gnomeland Security has new things to sell
      • Tinkerfest Blueprints 9.0
      • New mount!
      • New house items and baubles!

Returning features:
    • In-game mail to announce the event and summarize location of quest givers.
    • Returning achievements:
      • Bits and Baubles
      • Full Metal Domicile
      • Famed Phosphorescence
      • Furiously Fast
      • Gnomachine Too Complicated
    • Previous tinkering recipe books sold by Tarly, Tinkerfest Merchant, in Gnomeland Security in Steamfont Mountains.
      • Tinkerfest Blueprints 1.0
      • Tinkerfest Blueprints 2.0
      • Tinkerfest Blueprints 3.0
      • Tinkerfest Blueprints 4.0
      • Tinkerfest Blueprints 5.0
      • Tinkerfest Blueprints 6.0
      • Tinkerfest Blueprints 7.0
      • Tinkerfest Blueprints 8.0
      • Master Tinkerer's Companion Blueprints 1.0
      • Master Tinkerer Blueprints 1.0
      • Master Tinkerer Blueprints 2.0
      • Master Tinkerer Blueprints 3.0
    • Returning collections:
      • Tinkered Parts Collection
      • Tinkerer’s Extraordinary Toolbelt
    • Returning quests:
      • We Can Rebuild - Repeatable, once per year
      • Tinker Bound History - Repeatable, once per year
      • Foray Into Ulterior Mechanica - Repeatable, once per year
      • The Reticent Tinkerer - not repeatable
      • Tinkerfest Cheer - repeatable
      • Friendly Competition - Repeatable, once per year
      • Great Balls of Fire - repeatable
      • The Legend of the Geargobbler - Repeatable, once per year
      • If They Only Had a Brain - Repeatable, once per year
      • Guide Quest: "A Tinkerer's Clockwork Catalog"
      • Guide Quest: "Tome of Tinkering”
    • Aether races participating
      • Aether Racing: Great Divide
      • Aether Racing: Butcherblock
      • Aether Racing: Lavastorm
      • Aether Racing: Tenebrous Tangle

This event content is currently set to run 07/20/2017 at 12:01 AM PDT time until 08/02/2017 at 11:59 PM PDT time on the live servers.

Please post any feedback and bugs that you encounter with this event in this thread.

Thank you!

~Kaitheel
  2. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

The achievement is not showing under the Tinkerfest submenu of the live events.

More once I dive into things.
  3. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Preview for "forged valve wheel" wants to be off the top of the preview window unless you minimize it enough that it is hard to see details.

"Arched Door Frame of Impacted Metal" recipe produces one named "Arched Door Frame of Rhodium" - it is just a name error as the appearance is correct. Annnndddd then I started on the rest, and it looks like you need to fix the naming on all the impacted metal set to be impacted metal, not rhodium. :D
  4. Kaitheel Developer

It's hidden. It will show up once you have obtained it, by participating in the public quest 5 times.

~ Kaitheel
  5. Kaitheel Developer

D'oh!

~ Kaitheel
  6. Chrol Developer

Current bug with the PQ - if it fails (timer runs out) it won't respawn. Fix coming ASAP!
  7. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

I presume this PQ is where we get the ingredients for the new Spidermech Defender and Master Control Core?
  8. Kaitheel Developer

You got it.

~ Kaitheel
  9. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

The Antonica one is now down until the fix goes in. TESTERS! Before you try the CL one, either talk to folks that have tried the Antonica one, or wait a bit for me to make a separate post with a link to a down and dirty guide. You will need it if you don't want to fail (and you may still fail, but it will save you a ton of time figuring things out.)

Ok, issues, comments, etc after testing this one. It should be noted that we had from 2 to 4 people for this, and it will be less of a struggle with a larger population. It will, however, still be a major grindfest with summer populations being what they are.

There's a definite learning curve on this one, and it will not be able to be soloed, duoed or boxxed. (That's not saying it is bad, just making note of it. It is going to take some coordination to run this one on Test, and we may not be able to test the achievement before it goes live.)

• If you get a conservation/brell proc, you get back the ingredients, but not the recipe, so you have to dig in your bags and delete them all before you can get a fresh recipe/parts from the repair bot. And since the recipe is a single use, you HAVE to go through that deleting process so you can craft/control/possess/whatever again.
    • Mechanomagnetic discharge does not grey out when you have too little power to cast it, so you waste time mashing it when it isn't really available (and it's a huge power hog, so it takes quite a while if you're low power)
    • Static Strike - about 1/3 to 1/2 of the time the message came up that it was "learned", but it wasn't populating on the hotbar
    • Static Strike - the amount of power this takes vs the tiny, tiny amount of damage that it does makes this one worthless. Perhaps in a raid force, where you're just trying to tag something for credit, it may be worth it, but in a small group, casting it just means you may not finish "killing" that mob before you pop back into your body due to power issues.
    • Autoattack does nothing. It is currently a wasted item on the hotbar since it does no damage.
    • You run out of power VERY fast, even if you've learned the pacing and hoard carefully.
    • I'd like to see the timer for the possession/control increased a bit. There's just so much timesink added to this when we have to stop and craft so frequently.
    • For that "heal" to be effective, I'd recommend it healing a bit more (or the mobs doing slightly less damage) or the stun lasting a shorter duration. You can still end up knocked out from a single mob while you are stunned and regenning And if you're not knocked out, you're usually kicked back out into your body soon after you recover from the stun.
    • The timing for Bhoughbh is really, really tight, even once you figure out what to do with which what. When you receive "blueprints", you sort of expect to be able to scribe them, instead, you have to root around, find the eyepiece and equip it.
    • Chasing after his little tinkered companion (sorry, didn't note the name, as we were busy chasing it around with a rapidly decreasing timer) is rough. Bhoughbh runs fast enough to make it hard to get the parts until he's stopped to make more bombs - and sometimes the little guy stops INSIDE Bhoughbh, making it pretty impossible to get your parts.
    • The first time I tried to get all the disarming bits, I right-clicked, and nothing dropped into inventory. I had to chase him a second time.
    • Once the 60-second timer starts on the bombs, there's no visual indicator to indicate they are ready to explode. You just get the message at the 0 mark, at which point it is too late to do anything but pray you live ... and lose whatever you were crafting. We had ... several ... deaths amidst the 4 crafters we rounded up by that time.
    • There's no real way to tell if we are actually doing any damage to Bhoughbh. Yes, he does things like "ouch" and such, but we have no way to tell if we're really doing any good with those bombs.
    • We did at least 29 bombs on him before the timer ran out on him. Again, we have no way to tell how close we were to "killing" him. (It took way too much time for us to figure out what to do this first time, and a few too many deaths to the bombs while we tried to guess the timing for disarming.
    • Again, this phase is really confusing when you're trying to learn it in the thick of things with the timer running down. The bombs had a "disarm" option, so we tried to right-click disarm. No message, nothing. Yes, once you read Bhoughbh's babble, you can sort of figure out there are blueprints to get, but in the thick of things, expect a lot of frustration. (Then stopping once you realize the blueprints can't be scribed, and right-clicking disarm still does nothing, before someone figures out "oh, wear the magnifier-thing!")
    • (Edit) Bhoughbh continued dropping bombs for a brief while after the failure before he disappeared. During that time, the timer to the next one showed as being well over a day.
    I love the general concept on this, and now that we know what we're doing, it will be slightly saner, but the potential timesink still concerns me. Mind you, many crafters are a masochistic lot, so they'll try to get the hidden achievement for the (currently) unknown reward, but I worry that it may be a struggle to scare up enough bodies to succeed at this for any players who play during off-prime hours.
  10. Chrol Developer

Thanks for the amazing feedback Niami! Going through it all and making changes where appropriate. Also the Antonica PQ will be up shortly.
  11. Xianthia Well-Known Member

The little guys name (iirc) is Keser. As Niami pointed out, it sometimes went into Bhoughbh's body.
  12. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Thanks Chrol! I was grabbing folks as they trickled in, so the 4 of us were grouped. We were flinging comments back and forth and I was trying to scribble notes while fighting, crafting, etc. and some of them were/are barely legible. (Darn rheumatoid arthritis makes bad handwriting worse!)

Anyway, for those who want to poke at it, here are the rough notes. Go ahead and laugh at my creative "somethingorother" names. I didn't get full names for a lot of things in the chaos. :D

http://eq2.eqtraders.com/articles/article_page.php?article=q300&menustr=060000000000

Once folks see me back on Test on Foiwom, feel free to pull me into another PQ or two. I need to throw street clothes on and run a couple errands, but once I'm back online, I am "just" working on screenshots for the preview and can be pulled away for testing. Testing ALWAYS has a priority over giving folks eye-candy.
  13. Xianthia Well-Known Member

PQ is up currently. Static Strike is in the knowledge book so can be dragged to hot bar. It's really inconsistent on when it's on hotbar.

Auto Attack should really do some damage :D
  14. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

We despawned it again :D Someone started it and left it, then Kasa and Ramel showed up late in the timer and I showed up even later. We didn't even the kill 50 phase done.

One thing to note is that by the time we kill the first 25 or so, we're having to run pretty far afield for the repair-o-matons in between our control phases. Perhaps we could have them "live" a little longer. Even 1 more use before they "die" would help, 2 would be diving. If we get any sort of solid turnout on a live server there's going to be a serious scramble to find them, especially since there will be folks not understanding how things go, so just grabbing the mats (and thus damaging the repair-o-matons) and then standing around. I could potentially forsee failure due to lack of repair-o-matons in an extreme case, especially if a bunch of non-100 crafters try to participate, only to find they can't craft once they grab the bits.
  15. Chrol Developer

The repair-o-matic respawn if there's an assault-o-maton near them, but I can increase the number of times they can be clicked.
  16. Dyeana Active Member

I don't know Mum. Looked at your comment:

There's a definite learning curve on this one, and it will not be able to be soloed, duoed or boxxed. (That's not saying it is bad, just making note of it. It is going to take some coordination to run this one on Test, and we may not be able to test the achievement before it goes live.)

I would disagree with this. If at all possible in any way shape or form, It should be able to be run solo, or duoed. I hate having more PQs off limits to the Test server than there is already (JW, KP, and Fens) or other special features like Burnt Key. We on Test server like to get these things and achievements too.

If at all possible, please make the PQ so it can be solo-ed or duoed.

Thanks,

Dye
  17. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Ok, back to the crafting stuff. Wow, that's going to be a LOT of ginormous scrap metal needed if you want to do those tinkering 500 recipes. I can't comment on the crafting until we crawl through the PQ with 2 or 3 or 4 or us, but I also see cobalt mining in my future. :)

The Spidermech Defender familiar has no stats listed when you examine it. I presume it should be listing stats comparable to those found on the buyable fabled familiars, given how much work is going to go into getting everything for all the subparts, etc.
    The Master Control Core examine lists a bunch of yummy stats - but while it mentions leveling as you gain adventure experience, there is no slider bar to show you what it will change to as it levels, how many levels it will level, etc. The examine also has a stray comma going on up at the top:

"Master Control Core
    , Greater Spiritstone"
  18. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

looks like good thing we got lots of time to test:)
    Runs over to Fallen Gate harvesting .
    Runs over to Stormhold to get some walls from City fest
    Runs over to test to see new stuff for tinker fest :eek:.
    Good thing I don't have a high enough level toon to go to the new zone or I would colaps.
  19. Xianthia Well-Known Member

Emphasis is mine to reply That was probably me, I mentioned in chat that it was active when I logged on but none replied. I was able to do 3/50. Was already at 1h45m didn't think I could do it solo.

As to getting farther and farther away, extending the time under the illusion would be ideal. As an alternative, maybe have our bodies return to us at the spot that the illusion disappears? That way we'd be making our way through the PQ/mobs rather than returning to our bodies and then finding the items to harvest/craft. (Hope that suggestion makes sense.)
  20. Chrol Developer

Btw it's Kerser!