FG Boxing restrictions?

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Vlahkmaak, Jun 28, 2017.

1. Revel Well-Known Member

The 14 people logged into Stormhold say hi
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  2. fardoor New Member

Omg here is an idea i run three monitors and can have three accounts up no problem. All I have to do is run mouse from screen to screen. If that is a problem then i suggest you man up get the money and upgrade your system. Then go and pay for multiple accounts and you can run all you want, just because you can not affored it is not my problem.
    Lateana and Molly like this.
  3. Xephane Active Member

You have a bit of flawed "logic" there. Yes, a TLE server does exist, but it failed a long time ago. That is the problem. They are starting fresh once more and fixed quite a bit of the issues that made Stormhold drop like a rock (itemization and failed expansions). Most people have given up on Stormhold recently, if not a long time ago. Sentinel's Fate is kind of incing on the cake in terms of the downfall as it definitely was not one of the more popular expansions. Call it a "Gimmick" if you will, I call it attempt #2 at a great idea. It just happens to also have an appeal to one more play style, which is a good idea, but those people wont be on the server forever, I guarantee it.

People always want something that appeals to them, regardless of play-style, and guess what? This is it...

-KA casual/hardcore mains want new gear and more content to do that isn't overwhelmingly repetitive? You got it here.
    -Returning players want nostalgic experiences that actually do a decent job reminding you of old school? Done.
    -New players want to try out a game "from the beginning"? Go for it!

This server may SOUND like it's a gimmick to only apply to a certain group of people, but from a business AND player perspective, this is a genius idea and I honestly hope they continue to do things like this. The game feels more alive than ever (Post DoV of course) and there is plenty to do even if it can feel like a grind fest from time to time.
    Molly likes this.
  4. BulletCatcher66 Active Member

haha...

Ima just keep boxxing my buddies account. we like to play together, but cant always play enough to keep our toons at similar levels. So we box each others accounts.

All you self appointed hall monitors need to relax.

And Devs... Can we get a locked TLE server like agnarr? Lock us at RoK? I'd sub so hard..... SO HARD!!!
  5. Dogwood Member

I have 2 accounts that I pay for all access and pay for the expansions. Why is it a issue if I choose to box 2 accounts on the same computer using no external software? I have a dual monitor setup and am using the same computer keyboard to control my toons? If people are paying for their accounts and paying for multiple expansions, Why are you worried about their game play method?
    Lateana likes this.
  6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

The complaints are about people "6-boxxing", when all the toons cast at the exact same time, over and over and over. That's usually only achieved by boxxing software that replicates a button press across all the accounts. The only exception was one guy I saw who had jury rigged his hardware so that one keyboard simultaneously sent the same keypress to all six physical boxes.

It's one thing to drag around a bard on a second account for the buffs. That hurts no one. But when you have a synchronized killing machine comprised of six accounts being controlled by third party software, that's a whole 'nother kettle of fish, because the folks who do this often monopolize kills in a small area and thus disrupt gameplay for others..
    Prissetta likes this.
  7. Grouse Active Member

Here I have been cringing every time I bring up EQ2 on my Macbook to commission craft something for an ALT account, because of the very clear statements that running a VM is a banning offense. Except for the stupid, up-you-skirt mouse issues, I would love to be able to run EQ2 on my Mac without worrying about being banned.
  8. Ellah Active Member

Indeed! It will take me longer, and be much more of a chore (no, it's not 'fun' for me, boxing!) but I will eventually achieve the same rewards. I'll just have to 'work' harder than someone who can group up and get the help of other people to get there.

Thanks for your permission though!
    Prissetta likes this.
  9. Revel Well-Known Member

It always amazes what ridiculousness people come up with. "Its not fun for me." Well you're playing a game, what is the point of playing if you're not having fun? You'll have to work harder than a group? No you won't, you can just as easily go back and do most of the quests when they're grey for 0 problems getting the reward on live. Not to mention, with research and inflated gear with values way higher than vanilla ever intended lots of classes can solo even con ^^^ named with a bit of skill.

So go ahead and do your thing, but don't claim it's difficult, and if its not fun to box then you're causing that issue yourself by your own choice.
    Xephane likes this.
  10. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

Can't believe ppl still cry about this in 2017. Even if DBG didnt want people to box (and pay 5 times the sub fee per person) there is no way they could get rid of it. A keyboard with macro built in can automate everything. Theres several pieces of software that can control several characters at once. Even if they decided to do some IP fancy stuff people could just use VM and VPNs.

Stop crying and accept it as facts.

When that is said and done, most boxers in this game doesnt use 3rd part software that controls the characters, they alt tab between the clients and its frustrating as **** at times.
    Ellah likes this.
  11. Ellah Active Member

It always amazes me how small minded people assume doing things the way *they* choose and passing judgement on anyone who chooses different, feel that they are making any kind of valuable addition to a conversation. Maybe, when boxing (not botting) dungeon crawling is easier than questing for some? Silly me, I forget you know everything, of course you're right! I'm sure you're entirely aware of the processes involved in running boxed toons through quests, have assessed and evaluated how that compares with a dungeon crawl and, over the course of several runs doing both, come to the conclusion that *you*prefer questing. Having an intimate knowledge of me and my preferences and setup, you're then in a perfect position to pass judgement and educate me. Either that or you have no clue.. readers can decide.

Perhaps if people put aside egos and learned to see outside of their own tiny world they might get a bit of perspective and understand that we all are different and make choices that work for us. Maybe different is good? I think so. That's why I can appreciate that people should play how they want to play and let others play their way, preferably without the witch hunt.

As for it being difficult, that wasn't what I said. Add 2 and 2, now add 4 and 4. The latter is not as easy, but it isn't difficult. Perhaps English isn't your first language but hoping this explains the difference. Of course, I expect a long and heated explanation of your interpretation because, of course, your way is always right and anything else is just us stupid people being wrong. I should write that down and refer to it often. Anyway..

As to *don't do it if it's not fun* this had me thinking.. I wonder if there is anyone at all reading thas that only ever does what is fun. When you wait for that named to spawn and still don't get the drop you need after 16 kills... have to do crafting that you hate for your epic 2.0, have to run the same zone over and over to get that wrist piece, proving grounds for tokens. Most things are fun the first few times, but I doubt many, if any, stop when the fun ends. I'd be genuinely interested to know..?

Of course I must thank you for your worldly and sage advice, as always. Hoping you have more to share!
    Prissetta likes this.
  12. Revel Well-Known Member

I appreciate the spirited and long winded reply, but boxing was never in the spirit of the game or intended by the EQ devs. Thats really all there is to it.

I should've expected the box groups destroying dungeons to run to the defense after all. Most of the people who feel like me have moved on to greener MMO pastures.
  13. RealityCheck New Member

Neither was a sub + Krono, Vit pots and paid spellbook research progression, but I digress.
    Ellah likes this.
  14. Ellah Active Member

I'm glad you've found a home that hopefully is filled with people who are just like you. You deserve each other and can all be very happy together! I love happy endings!

Not quite moved on but moving on... ok.. only one English lesson per day per customer.
    Prissetta likes this.
  15. RadarX Community Manager

Folks let's avoid poking each other please. Obviously there are a few differing views, and that's ok. Our policies about boxing have not changed since Stormhold. If you see what you believe is AFK play, please report it using the petition system or help.daybreakgames.com.
    Shmogre, Ellah and Xephane like this.
  16. Revel Well-Known Member

Me too. I'm glad we found some common ground. I'm a bard, should I start the Kumbaya?
    Ellah likes this.
  17. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

Hey! We hit 20 tonight! I was the only level 90 though, so I swapped over to FG and saw a general chat and people grouping.

The should rename Stormhold to RTWAWALS. Raid Twice A Week And Logout Server.
    Prissetta likes this.
  18. That guy. Well-Known Member

19. RealityCheck New Member

Both games were released in 04, one run by a progressive game company the other by a bunch of Toner Heads
  20. That guy. Well-Known Member

Steve Jobs was the ultimate gold farmer. He stole everyone else' stuff, called it his, and made millions off suckers.
    ssiard likes this.