Can good and evil people play together?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Spider0804, Feb 17, 2013.

1. Spider0804 New Member

So I rolled a mystic but my friend is a necro, how do we play together?
  2. Buffrat Well-Known Member

Take a mariner's bell to the same area. Found in cities.
  3. Spider0804 New Member

Will his evil cities and areas guards attack me?
  4. Buffrat Well-Known Member

Neriak/Freeport yes, Gorowyn no.
  5. Spider0804 New Member

What about new halas?
  6. Buffrat Well-Known Member

Is a good area, and I don't think guards attack evils there.
  7. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

Only a few areas can be tricky when opposite alignment, and those are all quite low level or inside Neriak/Freeport for goods, Qeynos/Kelethin on palace platform for evils. Darklight Wood can be dangerous in some areas for goodies, as there are some nasty guards on the roads and at the main quest areas. Other than that, you can do almost all the game quests together. There will be some only offered to one alignment or the other, and the city task repeatables are often a bit different. Other than that, it really makes no difference what alignment you are in most areas.

The opening areas for Frostfang Sea and Gorowyn are particularly interesting, and you get some good early gear there. Even a follow pet when doing the Gorowyn opener quests. You can take the travel globe to either main area, then ride the grifffon to the Gorowyn opening area or run through New Halas to the Frostfang Sea opening area.
  8. Mae- Well-Known Member

This is why all classes should be neutral. Then new players can play whatever class they want and start with their friends in the same city without worrying about whether guards will kill them or not.
  9. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Please be aware that the good vs. evil has a much more profound effect in PVP, where you can't even talk to the guys on the other side. In PVE, no problems at all as described.
  10. Ardur Duradan Well-Known Member

worst idea ever.
    Juraiya likes this.
  11. Kotter Legendary Member

indeed.
  12. Epixz Member

all class should be playable reguardless of the city.
    it s stupid to be lose a shared bank cause lol mystic are good only and all your toons (necro SK) are forced to play in FP.
    There are monk in FP assassin in Q, illusionnist and templar in FP why no SK necro defiler in Q?
  13. Mae- Well-Known Member

Because some people think its dumb. I mean its perfectly ok to have someone who's JOB it is to murder people live in Qeynos, they're A-OK and totally good people inside, but the idea of a BRIGAND in Qeynos.... never gonna happen.
  14. Absolonon New Member

i still cant understant why SOE is allowing inquisitor and assassin in Qeynos and yet not accept a stupid brigand.
    it s really time to remove those limitation at this point of the game there is just no reason anymore. I doubt anyone still remember doing an archetype quest at lvl 10 and a subclass quest at lvl 20.
  15. Littlestgnome New Member

I remember. They were quite fun from a quest perspective.

Where it was less fun was the second, third, fourth time around having to go through the same exact archetype progression in order to play a slightly different flavor of class. It was also less than fun to have to work through 20+ levels of progression before you truly got to see how your character was going to function. I got lucky with on my very first try playing an end class I genuinely enjoyed. I knew several people who burned through many alts trying to find the class they were finally satisfied with.
  16. Melkior Well-Known Member

You don't lose a shared bank anymore. That hasn't been true for a very long time. The only restriction is access to the city without having to dodge the guards, ad access to merchant in those cities.
  17. Millamber New Member

I'm bad, and that's good, I'll never be good, and that's not bad, there's no one I'd rather be than me.

Freeport for life.
    Svenone likes this.
  18. BulletCatcher66 Active Member

Choose the Master Race of Ratonga and you and yours can diddle together anywhere.
    Svenone and Chrome like this.
  19. Chrome New Member

The only info you need right here :)
  20. Alenna Well-Known Member

wrong epix the bank is shared between all the alts on your account no matter what alignment they are. where did you get that false information of yours.