New(b) Troub

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by Tajar, Jun 27, 2017.

1. Tajar Well-Known Member

I've been a Beastlord for the last couple of expansions, but I am now switching to a Troub to help my raid force as we are very light on support classes.

I have an epic crap tonne of stuff to catch up on like Epic 2 pre-reqs (and Epic 1 itself haha), and ascension, and tithe and god knows what else (she was a PL'ed, and then unplayed alt so got nothing). But aside from all that, I have a few questions.

How important is Auto Attack still for bards with all the potency inflation? Is it still a big part of VC charges?
    Should I still look for WDB on stuff?
    Is there a favoured rotation for VC's? I've only spoken to 2 troubs and they had very different rotations. Or is it all about the Ascension abilities now?

Now I know I won't do numbers like my BL, but I do want to be as good as possible and not just a buff bot :p

Here's her profile --> http://u.eq2wire.com/soe/character_detail/1301378906112
  2. Fairin Active Member

message me on discord
  3. Tajar Well-Known Member

Only found a Fairin Avatar, is that you?
  4. Fairin Active Member

5. Nyvara New Member

Not to Hi-jack this thread, but as a newb troub myself I thought it would be better to ask here than create a new thread.

Are Troub buffs still useful in groups or is the only thing you are going to bring to the table is VC?

I made a support class so that I could relax in a group while still being useful and not worry to much about the DPS rat race. I have my main for that.
  6. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Abhorrent Verse (Troub AA) is one of the most useful/powerful spells in game. It brings a lot to a group.

VC as always. Your debuff that increases group Fervor, and Jcap rotated on 2 people is still significant damage.

Troubs bring a lot to any group.
  7. Tajar Well-Known Member

Everyone loves a troub, even a newb one. Suddenly all the DPS are your bestest buddies cos they want Jesters or UT :p
  8. Fairin Active Member

support class so you can relax..... go play a coercer, troubs are the highest dps
  9. Airvh Active Member

Yeah when troubs were originally around they could get in a raid and go afk and nobody would notice during a fight since nobody expected them to do the huge dps. They were there for the incredible buffs that their songs did automatically.
    Nowadays the skills troubadors use need a little more active playing to keep things awesome. I personally have my hotkeys setup with a range and a melee setup since troubadors have enough of each to be great at either or both.
  10. Tajar Well-Known Member

Lol yeah, no one else is bothered about my DPS so long as I'm doing all the other stuff. It just bothers me! :p
  11. maxximum Active Member

Speaking as a dirge, VC is nice and all but bards are there for their buffs and to contribute directly to DPS these days. The big VC's come with improving your gear, spells, ascensions, etc, but your primary role is to help the rest of the group perform their roles, which comes from A) not dying, and B) your debuffs not bouncing off the mobs. I've lost count of the amount of big VC's that have timed out in raid for various reasons, so I've found it's best to concentrate on other things.

Just noticed the thread is old and the OP appears to have geared himself, so I'm assuming its not an issue any more. . .
  12. maxximum Active Member

And are you errorr from Validus on Splitpaw? I used to organise x2 pickup raids on a Saturday afternoon in ToFs and Drunder back in the day and you'd occasionally tag along. I remember grouping with Eres the troub and a bunch of Validus guys a lot and your name just brought back a lot of good memories.
  13. Mindsway Well-Known Member

So why as AV become so useful? Is aggro that much of an issue these days? Is there a way to reduce its recast time (3 minutes IIRC)? Because I can't see how it can be so important. I've just come back to the game after a couple of years' absence, and my guild says they may need my troub, so I'm trying to get up-to-date on them.
  14. Fairin Active Member

in short yes, early expansion there were a handful of tanks that could actually sometimes actually hold aggro, the issue was wide spread and due to ascended abilities - if someone cast one and you didn't as a tank. the damage it dealt usually made aggro flip. now multiply the problem with dps nearly unanimously being glass cannons and tons of free gear wasnt around just yet. and many. many people just stopped playing fighters because of the stress / bickering.

it prevents your group from pullin aggro off the tank for the length of time it takes to run all your ascended spells. which means you can burst the named mob ON PULL instead of waiting 15 to 30 seconds to make sure the fighter cast theirs.

oh and scouts had that sexy procing rune for 100 fervor that hit right off the bat. so everyone always cast their biggest hit... right then.. - thats not the case anymore with the epic2.0 adorn never procing reliably.

its 90s after reuse, you can reduce it to 60s using the leftside pristege endline. but you have to give up jcap doing tremendous damage for it. not worth it imho.

^ subject to change in 23 days.
    Mindsway likes this.
  15. RomanSergeevich New Member

Interestingly,all did the access conversion after 3-4 odesk,and bards 9...where is the justice?..( Indeed, even now,need only 6
  16. Azian Well-Known Member

I've been lazy about beta. I'm struggling to come up with something that would make me swap to left side though given the loss of the damage on jcap and the timer reductions on RO/VC that come with right side. I love AV but don't see the 30 second reduction as being worth that particular change.

What's happening on beta that would prompt going full left? (I see you already have a bit of a hybrid setup).
  17. Fairin Active Member

my beta knowledge is second hand. i don't like repeating quests, at all. hense its all subject to change.

if you look at my spec and examine what i picked. now look at what i did not pick and ask yourself. why would i not want that over X or Y.

why would i pick leftside pristege? bagpipes > pitiful aoe damage

levinbolt 2min30s cd > ro/vc 2min cd vs 2min30s cd

metric fkton of potency > useless ammount of crit bonus.

j-cap doing fk tons of damage > abhorrent verse getting 30s shaved off..
  18. Azian Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's why I've been lazy about beta too. I usually end up repeating enough on alts as it is. I was just not sure if you had seen something specific on beta you were referring to with your comment.

I don't want to debate your spec. I will say it is unusual in that I've never seen another troub run anything similar but I'm also aware you are a tanking troub and that might change how you view things. I'll just say I may place a higher value on RO/VC than you seem to based upon your comments.
  19. Fairin Active Member

swore everyone was runnin around in my spec lately. no one values ro/vc more than i do, minmaxing that ability damage is the highlight of being dps support.