Map problems

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Semperfifofum, Jun 26, 2017.

1. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

I try to help out when I see maps missing information, using the EQ2 Map add-on. However I couldn't do that today and I think it may be a miscommunication.

What I mean is, I tried to add a POI to the CoD Ritual Chamber map and noticed the "zone" doesn't exist. But the map is there?! So I go to the forums and I see this as the top comment (I had this exact same issue today):

http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18384

Well this is far beyond my ability to fix. But I just wanted to notify people on THIS forum because this may be a "right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing" thing. I'm hoping it might lead to a fix. Any advice for how to go about fixing it? is there a way to add info to that map? Help is rewarded with ((hugs)). :)
    Prissetta likes this.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I'm really unclear on what the problem is. You can see in-game that the map being used for "Crypt of Dalnir: Ritual Chamber (Solo)" is exp13_dun_dalnir_02_solo_0

I actually collected all the locations and significant items that should be on that map and posted in the EQ2Maps Forum, and got the same answer that you did.
    Semperfifofum likes this.
  3. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

From what I remember, a couple of years ago, the mapping person decided to stop playing EQ2 much (from somewhere in Scandinavia I think), and I was glad to see the mapping program was still being updated when I returned recently. But before they left (during AoM?) we had issues like this where the map either didn't exist or you couldn't add anything to it realistically because the drop down for all the zones is tiny and there are about a thousand maps to scroll through (for every POI). Once in a while someone (I don't know who) would fix a map. But I can't say whether it was fixed by the Interface folks or by "Daybreak" as they suggest in the more current thread.

Maybe it has to do with the name of the map. Older zones have names like "Solusek's Eye Level 1 (2,3,4,5...)" and the newer ones have the file name sometimes.Oh well, I can only conjecture.