Beta Box

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Crastinal, Jun 25, 2017.

1. Crastinal Active Member

K, don't want to be a nag or anything, but Fallen Gate is almost live (it's the 25th now) and I still haven't got the faintest idea of what's supposed to be in the mysterious "Beta Box" prize for reaching 30/completing 150 quests in beta (my character completed over 170, including the Greater Lightstone one in Commonlands).

So... AHEM! what gives?
  2. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

We'll all find out on the 27th.
    Shmogre and Leonitas like this.
  3. Leonitas of Potato Situational Awareness

They've said many times now, the 27th.

Beta testing is a reward in itself. Many folks like to help out, just so the game runs/launches smoother :)
    Prissetta likes this.
  4. Kielex Well-Known Member

I am 90% sure most of the people didn't play to test the server out. I know me and many others are purely playing for the rewards that are given to live. ( i have a full crew to grind all the content )
  5. ringgirl_UFC New Member

Here you go. [IMG]
  6. Chikkin Well-Known Member

one per character right? (logging in now lol )
  7. Chikkin Well-Known Member

OMG it isn't lol I have 1 remaining and ran 150 quest thing on 3 characters, oh well

/SAD!
  8. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

LOL!!!
    2 hours at 10%...I love you guys!
    Was really hoping for a server title, but this is just as good!
  9. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Nope. The saddest was for completing the ToT beta tradeskill timeline. One (1) Potion of Progress, one (1) Thalumbra Beta Equipment Infuser, one (1) Coin of Tithing. I haven't even claimed it. It should have contained at least five (5) Potions of Progress!
    This comes close, but IMO the Unattuner trumps the ToT reward.
  10. Xianthia Well-Known Member

The unattuner is a nice touch.

I too haven't claimed the tot rewards, but not because of quality. More because I can't seem to decide which/when I need it. :p
    Prissetta likes this.
  11. Crastinal Active Member

now I can understand why the mystery.

the only thing worth something is the unattuner.

that is no-trade. (I could swear I read no-trade in game but the screenshot above says heirloom, so... whatevs)

thousand mile stare
    Prissetta likes this.
  12. ringgirl_UFC New Member

It could honestly change at any moment though.
  13. Simparri Active Member

Talk about a chinzy reward! Even an unusual ground mount would have been better!
    Pixistik and Prissetta like this.
  14. VGScastaway Member

The people I know only participated for the rewards... and now are very disappointed.
    I know there will always be those folks who would sleep with an entire leper colony for a reward on live, but maybe if people would stop playing content they don't find fun simply for rewards on live, they would stop with the pg/fg/rtt/etc crap. I can't be the only one who feels like pouring acid in my eyes every time I zone into pg, and I decided that I could care less what rewards are coming from fg... I simply am not going to do that to myself anymore.

Make fun content on live, and I'll do it, keep trying to pull me off live server for this other crap and I'll find another game to play.
    Pixistik likes this.
  15. Melt Actually plays the game

I had the same mindset. Then I got on FG, snatched up a few good names with my guildies, had a good laugh about forming a full raid in the peat bog and then went about murdering everything in sight. Even the people who didn't want to come and only came for rewards had a ton of fun.
    Prissetta likes this.
  16. Crastinal Active Member

Yup. This reward is lazy and a very good measure of how devs have no CLUE of what drives players anymore.

I was very hyped to play on FG the day it launched. Heck, I even made plans to join a raid guild on launch. I don't even raid on live anymore.

I loved the beta in ways I didn't enjoy playing EQ2 in a long time. In 4 days I leveled to 25, completed over 175 quests including some language quests I didn't bother to complete on live for years. Even on weekdays I played for hours; I made sure to play as long as I could to level as fast as I could, attempted to complete every silly quest that I ran into so I could hit 150. Then I kept doing every quest in attempt to hit level 30. THE GAME IS FUN. PLEASE MAKE IT SO IT DOESN'T FEEL LIKE A CHORE ANY MORE. THERE'S A REASON PEOPLE KEEP MAKING ALTS. After KOS or so the experience is not organic anymore and it turns into annoying repetition of the same damn missions for faction. NOT EVERYBODY LIKES TO GRIND, AFTER A CERTAIN POINT IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO ADVANCE IN GAME WITHOUT GRIND. THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINK!!!!!!

I was very excited for the beta box, really really wanted to disco it. I wanted the bragging rights.

WE DIDN'T DO IT FOR THE REWARD PER SE. WE WANTED THE BRAGGING RIGHTS.

A unique appearance mount. An appearance cloak. A house item. A DAMN UNIQUE TITLE.
    Something to make other players go DAMN, I WISH I HAD JOINED BETA ON THAT MAGIC WEEK, FALLEN GATE MUST BE SO NICE.

Oh. I got a................... group experience potion. an escape potion (lol totem of escape). an unattuner. ONE OF EACH. And if I want to use one item in one server and another in another server.... hahahahahahahaha.
    SERIOUSLY?

I didn't even bother to open EQ2 today. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED, DEVS.

Oh, and btw, now we got this lovely scenario:
    • Some people are going to play on FG. Those people are not playing on live anymore, and given that FG is pretty much a race server with 3 months of relevant content, those are not gonna join us back in live for a looooooooong time.
    • Some people are playing on PG to hoard tokens. Those people are not playing on live anymore, and given that some PG items are bis until the next expansion, those people are not gonna join us back in live for a looooooooong time.
    • Some people are still completing their Epic 2.0 and, bless them. These are the poor unfortunate souls looking for groups to run old content that nobody plays anymore. If you're not in a supportive guild, well... good luck.
    • Some people are still completing their ASCENSIONS. Gasp! Yes, returning and casual players, those are not unicorns. They exist. And guess what? When they join PUGs they are kicked out of group because they "drag the group down" for not having enough resolve. Not enough potency. Not having the right ascension for combos. What, you don't have your epic yet? Get a clue, loser. So, for those the "end game" turned into the sad repetition of public quests over and over and over. And advanced solos. Sometimes they run agnostics just to complete the ascension quota of the day. THAT IS YOUR END GAME IF YOU DIDN'T COMPLETE YOUR EPIC WITH THE MAJORITY BACK IN APRIL/MAY.
    Honestly, I know the dev team is super small. I get it. But guys, PLAN A STRATEGY, WOULD YOU? What is it that you want from the game population? Epic is supposed to be best in slot for a couple years now, how about making it so everything in game about Epic until the next expansion? Nah, lets divide the population in several different fronts so it's even harder to pick groups. That will be fun!
    Pixistik and VGScastaway like this.