[Proving Grounds] Need Character Window

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Sigrdrifa, Jun 24, 2017.

1. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

In the Proving Grounds lobby, we really ought to be able to bring up our character window, or at least enough of it to be able to take off an article of PG equipment so we can pop off the orange adornment and upgrade the adornment. Alternatively, place PG merchants by the PG zone-in points!

I just had to zone in to check the price, then zone back out into Norrath to pop off the orange rune, then zone back in etc.
    Mermut and Prissetta like this.
  2. Jrox Well-Known Member

You can. If you set your key bindings to a custom setting you will need to use the default {C key} to open it. ;) Happy hunts! But, I don't think you can alter gear while in PG, so that is something different.
  3. Mathafern Well-Known Member

It is one of the ironies of the PG for me- I'd like the quest givers IN the PG lobby, and the merchants out in the city.

That way my alts can get the quest without zoning out, and my main can get the gear without zoning in. Which usually wouldn't be an issue really but zoning currently has the risk of making your character inaccessible for a period of time.
    Prissetta likes this.
  4. Sogapa Active Member

It would be great to have the merchants outside of the PG. I was very annoyed the other day when trying to purchase an upgraded orange rune on my main, and then being unable to take off the old one (which I needed in order to trade/upgrade the rune). Too much zoning, especially when it seems I crash to character select every time I zone in or out of the proving grounds.
  5. wantacookie New Member

I can bring up my character window by pressing 'C' which is the button by default. I do however strongly agree with being able to take OFF adornments while in PG. Seems odd to me that you can't take them off in there, but you can re-apply while in PG. Would be much more convenient to be able to do both without having to zone in and out, especially with the issues with crashing and characters disappearing etc.
  6. Arieva Well-Known Member

I'm sure there are issues with coding if you were able to alter your gear in the PG lobby. Being that its a different server and all. Flipping the merchants out to the city and bringing the quest giver inside the lobby seems the simplest solution to me.