Discord or Come and see the failure inherent in the system! Help, help, I'm being repressed!

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Stach, Jun 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stach Well-Known Member

Discord has become a place where, if the devs, who control the channel, don't like what you say, will instant ban you and you can never get back in. I truly believe that whoever is in charge of this game as Daybreak management, NOT the developers, needs to look at what is being said by the representatives of your company, and what is being done by those representatives. I believe if you truly looked at what has been said or done, you would be appalled that this person/persons is even representing you as the face of you company.

The game is in a state where there are constant unattended consequences are being introduced by decisions being made by those representatives, and then people are getting banned for playing the game through those actions. Or getting banned from discord, by pointing out those mistakes.

I doubt if anyone will read this, or if they do it will get lock or removed, but someone in DBG needs to start looking at the state of EQ2. Unless this is the way you purposely destroy a game.

Thanks for listening
    Kielex, Scrappyz, Juraiya and 6 others like this.
  2. Nubek Active Member

As a fellow Discord bannee, amen
  3. Dude Well-Known Member

When I post on a thread that is clearly going to be deleted, does it still count toward my total post count?
    Juraiya, Mizgamer62, Siren and 2 others like this.
  4. Livejazz Well-Known Member

There's a reason I have deliberately avoided Discord at all costs & will continue to do so.
  5. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

If they banned you, then you used derogatory language or something.

They just ignore ideas they don't like.
    Raff likes this.
  6. Zlith Member

Discord is a good place to keep up on information. However a lot of players go there thinking they can bypass the petition system and get immediate attention on a Customer service related issue. They are developers that work on content for the game, not account recovery, character/item recovery, etc.

The Devs are primilarly there to get feedback on the game. If you do that in a mature manner you should not be banned even if they don't agree. If you spam, use derogatory language or otherwise abuse the Devs you are going to get a ban.

If there is a server or network issue other than potentially talking with other players during the downtime, asking in Discord for it to be fixed, or complaining about it, is not going to do anything as they do not work on the servers/networks and those that do, should already be aware of the issue.
    Rozyn, Livejazz, Raff and 2 others like this.
  7. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

People cannot seem to behave like adults in the game or on these forums, what makes you believe they will behave in Discord. The relative anonymity provided by a computer chat makes people feel that they can behave abhorrently with no consequences.

While I agree with the majority of what you have posted Zlith, however, I do believe that people should be able to tell someone from DBG on Discord that their server is playing up in a respectful manner. This will alert somebody in the company in case the person monitoring the servers should be on a break or call of nature.

Cyrrena
    Mizgamer62 and Nelie like this.
  8. Stach Well-Known Member

I am not sure if this will get through, but I said "some (a hygenie product that starts with D)GM is killing people in OF" if that is enough to ban me for the rest of my life (or until I change my IP) then so be it. But I am seeing some real unacceptable behavior by Devs (calling people Turds) should meet the same requirement.
  9. Ratala Active Member

Maybe everyone needs to step back and take a refresher on what is acceptable language in public. Have a little self respect about our own actions and language. General chat in this game is a cesspool and I can't imagine it is much different in other areas. Takes a lot to change a bad impression and even more to gain back any respect.
    Mizgamer62 and Siren like this.
  10. Arandar Well-Known Member

As others have said, be respectful, exhibit a little patience and understand that they may not always get around to answering your question (their job is to work on the game, not hang out in Discord and answer everyone's questions).

On the other hand, virtually jumping up and down, lighting your hair on fire and yelling about how the end is nigh (unless your question is answered or problem resolved) is pretty much guaranteed to get you kicked.
    Rozyn likes this.
  11. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

The D-word got you banned, you brought it on yourself.

I mean I get a 'slip of the tongue', but typing it is on purpose not a slip.
  12. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

TBH the Devs encouraged that with PGs.

People go there and "@Caith my characters are gone." and he puts them back.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  13. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

To me perception is every thing and if people perceive that they aren't being heard or are being disrespected, then that is enough for them to make a decision as to whether to stay or go. Most people just leave the game and never express how they feel. I don't think any one on either side (DBG employee or customer/player) should ever be overtly rude or disrespectful when communicating. Having said that, its obvious that this game is not providing a quality experience for the majority, hence we are down to 1 Euro server, 4 Live servers, and 2 specialty servers all of which do not have robust populations. To me a healthy population indicates that those managing the game are doing it correctly (that includes development).
    Tekka likes this.
  14. Rainmare Well-Known Member

and I would contend that your assessment doesn't take into account the age of the game, nor does it take into account things such as advertising (which SoE/DBG both sorely lack). this game is 10+ years old. EQ1 is as well, and to keep interest, Eq1 is churning out 'nostalgia' servers the same way mcdonalds makes hamburgers. Eq2 siphoned what it coudl from the Eq1 playerbase so it was never 'large' to begin with. the crowd it got to add to that were WoW Babies. the kids who grew up with the korean mmo or the android games, or came over from WoW, where the game is put a drinking bird on your keyboard and walk away easy.

they didn't like Eq2's corpse runs, they didn't like needing groups for 80% of the content, adn thus fussed adn fussed and eventually SoE at the time caved, and it's been a spiral since, where the WoW babies, like the barracuda's they are, eat up content super fast (because it gets made easy), until something new and shiny catches their eye and the chase that instead. Really I think the servers we have now, is prolly 90% the players that jumped here from Eq1.

and even some of us have complaints. but I think the mass reduction your accounting to the devs not being good at managing was the locusts of the 'modern mmo' scene have just all ran off to new shinier things like Destiny and multiplayer modes of favored console games they can play via internet. the kids who are more impressed with how pretty a game looks rather then how much depth it has.

Eq2 has problems, but I don't think they are nearly as much of the reason for how many servers we have as your making it out to be.
  15. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

LOL. You sure did add a lot to what was a polite and brief statement of opinion on my part. I think you might be over thinking it a bit. :)
  16. Carni Active Member

I got banned for asking if we were testers, far as I know that was a legitimate question, didn't contain any profanity. On top of that, I actually didn't get an answer....although maybe, in retrospect, I did =p. My comment was in regards to the bonus equipment that was supposedly enabled, but didn't actually get turned on until it was brought up repeatedly in discord.

I certainly can understand kicking someone that is just being profane, but there seems to be far too many bans happening these days to write them all off to profanity. A question isn't a problem to be ridiculed or ejected, it should always be seen as a opportunity.
    Tekka, Mizgamer62 and Prissetta like this.
  17. Feldon Well-Known Member

Acceptable language in public = only glowing praise?
    Cyrrena, CoLD MeTaL, Tekka and 3 others like this.
  18. Wizx13 Member

19. RadarX Community Manager

Folks this is not a gameplay related topic. If you have moderation concerns, you'll need to PM me.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.