Heads up - Daybreak general maintenance tomorrow (1pm Pacific)

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Shmogre, Jun 14, 2017.

1. Shmogre Well-Known Member

Prissetta likes this.
  2. Siren Well-Known Member

ZOMG ouch! Right after work, too! I know they probably don't think anyone cares about their game anymore, but we do, we do! :D
  3. Shmogre Well-Known Member

A guildy said they heard that it was more of an externally-imposed infrastructure maintenance, not Daybreak's choice. Can't vouch for the truth of it, but I know that our devs do *not* like to impact gameplay outside of normal maintenance windows if they can help it, so it's possible this wasn't their preference.

Now to figure out what to do with a suddenly open afternoon... :p
    Prissetta likes this.
  4. Siren Well-Known Member

Pokemon Go with the kids! The ice & fire Solstice event is underway until next week! :p

Or maybe I'll play guitar and bass, woo hoo!
    Prissetta and Shmogre like this.
  5. santargria Well-Known Member

Kinda odd IMO - I've not seen one of these scheduled types of downtimes in a very long time, and as I remember it... It wasn't for a good reason either :(

But, on to ESO or actually get some things done around the house for a change
    Feldon, Prissetta and Shmogre like this.
  6. Mermut Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting to the forums.. I wouldn't have known until I couldn't get in tomorrow otherwise.
  7. Shmogre Well-Known Member

Very welcome, glad the word is getting spread.
    Prissetta likes this.
  8. Revel Well-Known Member

If this means the servers are down for what is essentially "prime time" on the East Coast lots of us are going to essentially lose a day of double ascension xp. Annoying.
  9. Mathafern Well-Known Member

The obvious solution to make up for that and the PQ issues is a week of triple currency rewards.
  10. Kari Well-Known Member

I was really hoping tonight would be the night that we took down our next progression kill. (
    Karsa likes this.
  11. Conifur Well-Known Member

Log you toon in before they go off and you should be good. But, you know what happens when you assume, and well, it is, I'll just let it go.
  12. Karsa Active Member

make sure u pay tribute to gnome overlord and bring snacks for dog-dog and the hOney badger :)
  13. Ryuken Active Member

Or give everyone a free Mount, free Familiar and a free Murgatroyd when we log in!
  14. Kari Well-Known Member

Does the badger eat cookies? I got a stack of these ready.

\aITEM 1930712754 267915790:Chocolate Chip Cookie of Seething Malice\/a
    Prissetta likes this.
  15. Pharone Active Member

3pm to 8pm central time... /sigh

That basically means, find something else to play today after work.
    Mathafern and Moorefallen like this.
  16. Carynn Well-Known Member

I'm surprised RadarX hasn't posted anything on the forums yet. The thing is in four hours.
  17. Raff Well-Known Member

It doesn't matter when they shutdown. Its always in someone's playtime who will come here to gripe about it, lol.
  18. Mermut Well-Known Member

There has been a decided move AWAY from posting offical information in the forums. Anything that is not directly and solely related to EQ2 does not get officially posted as an announcement any more.
  19. santargria Well-Known Member

It's been like this for awhile now.

You know, many other companies that have/develop/support multiple games have 1 site for all their games - then you drill down into the game you play or are most interested.

If you think about it, it also gives the games of that company a boost by having new players read what's going on and possibly trying out one of their other venues.

Not sure why they don't do that here - ah I know.... Because I'm not in charge ;)
  20. RadarX Community Manager

I'm familiar with the companies you are describing and am I'm fairly certain none of them are MMO games (which have vastly higher volumes of long form feedback). I'm also of the belief than many of your other fellow community members might be less enthusiastic about us wiping the existing forums (the software we have isn't capable of just combining all our existing forums together like that) just so you can all share the same place.

In principal a good idea, but much like many things ideas are always the easiest part. :)

Ultimately for news outside of regular maintenance be sure to check the launchpad, social media, or our website for the most up to date information.
    santargria likes this.