New PQ loot changes

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by jbc1948, Jun 12, 2017.

1. Livejazz Well-Known Member

I'm not sure why the chest doesn't appear next to the quest giver's location, all huge & sparkly, & lasting until you physically loot it. I'm not sure why that wasn't done from the beginning.
  2. Chrol Developer

How the treasure chests become visible upon completion is the main issue that will be fixed with the next hotfix. We're also adding a waypoint to its location when it spawns and the Kylong Plains PQ treasure chest will spawn on the lake's shore instead of underwater.
    Juraiya, Kittybock, Merriel and 8 others like this.
  3. Udonn Active Member

4. Creasote Well-Known Member

Thanks for thoroughly testing this and wasting our time. How many times are we going to have to go through broken PQs?
    CoLD MeTaL and Ratala like this.
  5. Shmogre Well-Known Member

Whoo boy, does it need work...lots of folks on the parse at JW who can't see the chest (including myself). :(

(And I meant the sentinels at *Fens* in my other reply...whoops. <blush>)
    Prissetta likes this.
  6. Zarnafien Well-Known Member

Who thought up the chest idea in the first place? Identify that person and please do not let them make further bad decisions to further hurt this game.
    Ratala likes this.
  7. Shmogre Well-Known Member

The chest idea is a good one; with luck, it will lower the number of AFK toons who beef up the difficulty of the PQ mob. The implementation needs some tweaking, but from Chrol's posts above, they are actively working on it:
    Hopefully those changes will help...can't wait for the next hotfix to see.
    Mizgamer62, Prissetta and Mermut like this.
  8. Arieva Well-Known Member

Just trio'd (yes three people) the fens pq. No ding upon killing shade in quest journal. No message about receiving loot besides a status pop-up. No chest to be found. anywhere. Iasked all three ppl that participated and no one got the sucess message. Yet its pretty darn obvious to me that for three ppl to take out that fight you can bet your booty we all participated. Guess my pq days are over till this is confirmed working.
  9. Murfalad Member

These are my exact thoughts too. I don't care actually if someone does AFK or turn up at the last second to get the loot, this system doesn't even stop that. Not that I cared in the least if someone got a reward for barely participating, I'd rather keep it the way it used to work to guarantee that I always got a reward rather than the system in Velious where sometimes I'd inexplicitly get no reward because I was on a poorly geared character that day.

There is so much that could be done with the game, like fixing the rendering engine to use shader 3.0 or better, but instead someone spent time carefully breaking it. Just had a 5 minute hunt for the chest, explains why not many people turned up since the chest was never found.
  10. Kari Well-Known Member

Thank you for following up and making changes. Will this also address the problem of the quest not updating? Last night I ran fens and not only was I unable to see the chest (in spite of people showing me where they looted it), the quest also did not update. I did receive the status reward but the quest was still in my log telling me to kill the name.

I know it wasn't a lack of participation because I was number one on the heal parse by an extremely large margin and i was number 3 on the dps parse for a nearly full raid. However I didn't show up until the mob was at 75%, so could that have been part of the problem? The guy that was number 2 on the parse showed up around 65% and he didn't get a chest either. We both came because someone in the raid asked us to come help since it was going really slow. So if showing up late has to do with it, that could impede people coming to help when the PQ is going super slow.
    Juraiya and Lateana like this.
  11. jbc1948 Well-Known Member

I'm glad they are making some changes and hope it'll take care of the problems.
    Just one point---when there's a minor fix telling us about it in game update notes works fine.
    When you decide to make a major change to part of the game like the PQ change why not post what you are planning to do in a forum thread and leave it open for comments for a set time?
    You might see some ideas that would improve the change before you activate it.
    Naturally you could ignore all the comments or just say such and such can't be done.
    Seems better than going ahead then responding to all the problems after the fact.
    Lateana likes this.
  12. Uxtalzon Active Member

C'mere, you. I've got a hug with your name on it. :3
    Merriel likes this.
  13. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

I hear what you are saying, but most people that wait until the last minute to join the pqs do that because they want to avoid doing most of the work (I don't mean you obviously). I can't count how many times I have seen this happen and it is so unfair to the people that are there working hard from start to finish to complete the pq. I think these pqs should be participation based as they were during the dov expansion.
  14. Dude Well-Known Member

What about the thing where I am there for most of the PQ, if not all, do a lot of killing, and don't get any reward other than the status points?
  15. jbc1948 Well-Known Member

Participation based might work but what's the criteria. Be there from the start to finish? So if you are in transit and somebody triggers the PQ then not bother? Another problem is the setup on when PQ's pop. One PQ has a healthy amount of people doing it while another is short. Currently people finish the first then come to help with the second. If you are only get partial reward or none because to second is in progress I doubt anyone will bother. The perhaps the second (esp JW) will fail.
    It might be unfair that last minute types get full credit but at least people who have done the full thing or even a fai amount of it get a reward. In short don't punish a large majority of gamers in order to punish a few bad actors.
    There is one way that might work but I have no idea if it would be possible to do. When a named hits a certain percentage reduction the quest giver becomes inactive. That would cut down the intention late types as they would only get the basic reward.That would help for Fens, JW and KP. Not realistic for Ob PQ's
  16. Chrol Developer

Yes, that is part of the fix incoming.
  17. Merriel Well-Known Member

I can understand them not leaving it there until it's looted or you'd potentially have a chest sitting in that spot continuously, day in and day out. Also, the quest giver despawns after the named goes down, so it doesn't make sense to have the chest sitting next to the spawn spot of the quest giver. It does, however, make sense to have the chest spawn at the spot the named mob dies, just as it does for most kills. I am glad, however, that the chest will be bigger, more visible, and even have a waypoint to it once the hotfix goes into effect. :)
    Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr likes this.
  18. jbc1948 Well-Known Member

Ok the larger chest and waypoint have improved the PQ's. Seems the invisible chest bug still exists. Yesterday did KP1 went to the map waypoint and found the chest no problem. Today did KP1 (got the 10000 status) headed to the waypoint and no chest to be see. Searched around for 10 mins and still no luck. Hopefully you can fix this bug.
  19. Carni Active Member

Aye, I've missed out on two chests so far due to not being able to see them, for whatever reason. I'll be avoiding public quests until this is fixed, that's for sure.
  20. Mowse Well-Known Member

My concern about all this worry about AFKers is that more unneeded change is going to occur. Lots of talk in this thread about loot change and changing based on when you joined the PQ. Reminds me of the fall of Nagafen server... Changes happened due to a few vocal minorities and the ruin of a server. Don't fix which really isn't broken
    Juraiya and Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr like this.