The T4's that are left

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Yards, May 13, 2017.

1. Djwidem Member

Shade's panic script got changed to a complete heal that then applied damage redux...

so its still better for me to afk, no difference imo
  2. Leedsz New Member

• Baliath should no longer heal when he is rooted outside the play space.
    • Corrected an issue that prevented Ethershadow Assassin from dealing damage.
    Thank you for putting these fixes in the patch. Perhaps Baliath will no longer be impossible.
    The enrage timer still appears to be quite long though, but lets see.
  3. -Soteria- Well-Known Member

Are you sure about damage reduction? I assumed it just took damage more slowly cuz preclickies and everyone's biggest nukes are down by the time the heal goes in.

The panic script will trigger whether you afk or not, so you might as well click tide and p33n parse like everyone else...

It's certainly better than the old panic script. If this becomes a thing from now on though, I think it would be cool if too much DPS triggered a challenge mode encounter with increased hp, increased damage, and to make it worthwhile maybe add an achievement for it and a higher drop rate of the better loot table item(s) or something... If simply killing it faster isn't going to be allowed then it would be nice if there was some other bonus to make sure good DPSers always feel like an asset and not a nuisance.
  4. Gninja Developer

Those sort of things will be possible but I won't be going back and adding a challenge mode sort of burn script in current content. The shade actually shouldn't heal to full when it triggers it should just heal 10-15%. That should be corrected this morning.
    -Soteria- and Kioske like this.
  5. Kioske Well-Known Member

If anything else, I really like the idea of the "panic script" turning into an increased drop rate for the rare items on the loot table. Make it happen Gninja!
    Neiloch likes this.
  6. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

This is 1 step away from "Kill it first time and get bonus loot!". Remember those times?

Can't wait for "We aren't dpsing hard enough, wipe it and lets go again".

Personally I think a panic script should just give the mob some damage reduction depending on the level of panic. Doing 2x the intended dps? 50% reduction. Doing 4x the dps? 75% reduction. Make it last 10-15s so Ascensions/Temp buffs etc all wear off, and then mob reverts back to normal.
  7. -Soteria- Well-Known Member

Fair 'nuff!

Well, do it right the first time! :p

Seriously, I liked the first pull bonus loot. Sure, it was annoying/challenging, but it was the kind of frustration that I kinda remembered fondly later on. And you felt like such winners if you did get all the bonus loot!
  8. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Imagine it for panic scripts though lol.

"Ok we failed that time, take a 5 minute afk while everyones Ascensions, Epics & Rising Tide charms come up again".

My inner raid leader is crying already
  9. Gninja Developer

You're making me wanna do it! :p j/k
    Errrorr likes this.
  10. -Soteria- Well-Known Member

Hmm yeah, I mean the idea was for it to be a minor bonus to keep the content relevant when you overgear the encounter by a ton, not something you murder the raid over if you can't quite get there... Maybe make the bonus prize a first pull + overkill dps thing, that way there's no call to wipe over it if you fall short. Problem solved! :p

Ooh hey, call it an overkill script! :D
    Neiloch and Kioske like this.
  11. Kioske Well-Known Member

Why are you not in Daybreak's studio's helping Gninja script raids? I need to know why...
    Neiloch likes this.
  12. FuRiouSOne Well-Known Member

WOW this is kinda painful to read. Players putting in mass amounts of time and effort (possibly their wallets too?) building their gears and skills to make their character more powerful only to get punished by "panic scripts" wiping an entire raid force because they became TOO powerful on a raid boss they have already killed several times over?

Progression at its finest?
    Neiloch and Snikkety like this.
  13. -Soteria- Well-Known Member

He made some changes this last week so that doesn't happen on the main fight where it's been a problem and it's a much better experience now, especially after yesterday's patch. Sounded like the other panic script fights will likely be updated to the new mechanic soon as well. Not sure if you caught that part.