New PQ loot changes

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by jbc1948, Jun 12, 2017.

1. Chrol Developer

The Jarsath Wastes PQ, along with all the others, only require you to damage any of the PQ-specific mobs. You also get added to the JW PQ if you craft a ballista. As stated previously, the treasure chest size for all of these PQs will be increased, and the JW and Kylong Plains chests will remain up for 10 minutes, both changes incoming with the next hotfix.
    GrunEQ likes this.
  2. Balcerak Well-Known Member

But the size of the chest isn't the only problem. I did the whole JW PQ, did the most damage. When the Iksar hero died I got no update and when I went to the waypoint where the others said the chest was, nothing was there. There is a serious bug here.
    Juraiya, Lateana and Udonn like this.
  3. Merriel Well-Known Member

There was no chest at all, along the entire run of the road. I went from one end to the other, checking camps and stopping points along the way. It took nearly the entire five minutes to check it all, but it was no where to be found.

Thank you, Chrol, for your reply. Glad to hear the size of the chest will be increased, as well as the time extended to find the chest.
    Mermut likes this.
  4. jbc1948 Well-Known Member

Ok Did KP--then spent al ot of time attempting to find the chest underwater. No luck.
    Great system. Before you had to fight and after name died hope you got lucky with loot. Usually not but at least tokens and status pts.
    Now you have to fight--hope you locate the chest and beat the randomizer. If you don't get to the chest in time sorry no coin. tokens or status for you.
    But at least when you get the 10000 status and nothing else you can feel better that afkers got anything.
    I don't know who dreamed this up but you really dropped the ball badly. Will for sure make the Top 10 all time list of What were they thinking?? I see the chest size is going to be increased and timer increased which is a start but what not do the chest like the old GD Pq's. It stays in one spot and it remains. Once you looted it you could click all you want for no effect . If the chest was in a fixed location you wouldn't need to do much with the timer and that would still have the desired effect of reducing afk loot types.
    As far as I know random location chest drops from kills do not exist anywhere else in the game. Why are they now a thing?
    Juraiya and Lateana like this.
  5. Ryuken Active Member

All Public Quest-chests should be gigantic imho.
    Lateana likes this.
  6. Tilk New Member

Just did the JW and there was no chest. This change is completely ridiculous and unfairly punishes the majority of players who contribute simply because there are a handful of players who go afk. If this is the best solution they could come up with, it's no wonder they can't fix any of the bugs.
    Mowse, Ratala, Lateana and 1 other person like this.
  7. Roost New Member

If AFK farming is such a big deal that the dev's need to do this chest crap, why don't the dev's just start going thru the logs and banning those toons that are afk, you can tell damage done by merc or pet and nothing done by character that is AFK. I have done a fens today and could not locate the chest and thus could not complete the quest. Are you the DEVELOPERS going to auto complete these quest for me and give me the completion status, if not then don't limit my ability to complete these quests myself. I am not going to spend 10 minutes or even 20 minutes looking for some ***** chest to complete the quest that I just spent 20 minutes doing, they are already such a time sink you don't need to make it worse.
    Juraiya, Ratala, Livejazz and 2 others like this.
  8. Rainmare Well-Known Member

I like to think the chest was put in less for AFKing, and more for the the mob is almost dead and you LDed and come back to it dead and you get nothing that happens especially in the short OF pq and he lag fests that the other PQs an easily become.

dang it double post cause I didn't see my previous one show up. please ignore.
  9. Dude Well-Known Member

For Kylong Plains is the chest in the same place for everyone? I was at it and got the reward. People standing next to me said they couldn't see it.
    Lateana and Udonn like this.
  10. Udonn Active Member

In Fens just now, some could see the chest, and others could not, including me. Wondering if you have to be there from the start to see it. I came in at 50% and did a lot of damage, yet could not see the chest. Got the status, but quest still in my journal. Same as KP earlier. Many are saying no more PQ's for them until this is fixed.
    Lateana likes this.
  11. Jhen Ro Active Member

Same boat here. Twice tonight, participated with evidence, not able to see the chest when others were - in JW and KP.

Not an issue of participation or not finding the chest in time - just an issue of the chest not being there to interact with AT ALL.

Making the chest bigger and last longer is well appreciated - but it is not the bug in question. What good does a chest the size of the Iksar Hero himself do if you can't see the stupid thing?
    Lateana likes this.
  12. Uxtalzon Active Member

Players: "There are AFK people leeching off PQs without contributing for months!"
    Staff: "Okay, we changed it. No more AFK freeloading anymore."
    Players: "But this change makes it harder on everyone and the chest isn't spawning sometimes at all."
    Staff: "Better get used to it."
    Players:

[IMG]

Just happened to the KP raid a couple minutes ago. No chest, nor text saying it spawned somewhere in the ocean.
    Murfalad and captainbeatty451 like this.
  13. Mensa Member

I hope they fix the issue with the chest not appearing soon, but the fact we have to bumble around looking for a chest for a few minutes after a 10-20 minute fight is ridiculous. As it stands now, because there was abuse from 10% of the playerbase, the other 90% get punished along with them. It reminds me of when I was a kid.. one time I did something bad and my brother told on me. So my dad spanked me and then spanked my brother for being a tattle-tale.

Why not just remove the chest idea, give us the reward at the end of the fight the way it was before, and give all of us a huge knockback or teleport us all to the bell??? Seems a much easier solution to this.
    Ratala and Livejazz like this.
  14. Livejazz Well-Known Member

Chest or no chest, I can think of a number of things I'd rather do than participate in another of those tediously dull PQs. Fens in particular makes me want to leave forehead-sized marks on my desk; what a snooze-fest. Now that the loot mechanic has been botched, there's no good reason to do any of them at all.
  15. Anaogi Well-Known Member

Called it.

Just roll this change back already. Is the AFKer problem really so bad that we have to repeat this old Charlie Foxtrot?
    Livejazz likes this.
  16. Adaac Member

6 guildies participated in the fens PQ last night from start to finish and got no quest update and no chest a total waste of time spent 5 minutes scouring the entire area for a chest and nothing thanks for killing interest in doing any of these
  17. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

does everyone see the subtle progression?
    /sarcasm
    very soon there will be available on the Marketplace:

!!NEW!!
    Just for the DEDICATED Player!!
    The Reward Chest Finder Wand!!
    Charges: 10/10

for a limited time only!!
    just 100DBC!!
    Get yours today before they are gone!!!
    /sarcasm

Your results may vary...
  18. FuRiouSOne Well-Known Member

Why was a chest even needed? You just stated you implemented a requirement to DO damage to get rewarded. So why not just continue giving us the automatic reward IF WE DID damage (contributed)???

Also want to say THANK YOU to every one complaining about the AFKers that brought on this incompetent change lol. I had no issues with the AFKers as the events were still being finished just fine with or without them, plus it also helped when they were in zone to open up second and third versions of the zone offering more PQs to go to. Now everyone is scrambling around the zone LOOKING for a chest that might not even be there lol....
    Ratala and Lateana like this.
  19. Shmogre Well-Known Member

Because of the ability to park a toon with merc/pets/auto-attack, which does damage and thus gets counted. The difficulty of the PQ increases with each toon, so if people are AFKing and/or only auto-attacking, the rest of the players are getting a longer, more drawn-out fight. For the Jarsath PQ, if an AFKer ties up a sentinel with auto-attack (needing someone to taunt it off them), it means that much more damage reduction to the dragon, which in turns means a longer fight.

The chest solution definitely needs some work, but there are reasons it was implemented.
    Mermut likes this.
  20. wantacookie New Member

Since this change I have participated in all the PQ's, and the only one Iv had issues with is Fens. OF has been good, the chest always spawns nearby and easy to find. JW can be a pain when you kill him near the beginning/middle of the road and have to fly all the way to the end gate to get your loot (minor annoyance if it happens). KP chest is at the bottom of the lake, can be a little hard to find but it's great people are shouting out the location when they find it. With Fens, I did arrive late (around 80%) and participated for at least 15 minutes, and all I got was an empty window with some status. Several people were unable to locate or see a chest, while some others found it and got their loot. I'm not sure why this is happening, unfortunately the Fens PQ is really the only one I need to do, and I don't think I'll be participating much more until something changes there.

I think it's a great idea, just really needs to be tweaked. Bigger chests would be nice, maybe a specific spawn point for the loot chest would also be helpful, though I do enjoy watching everyone scatter and scramble to find it after lol.