Dead Gods

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Moorefallen, Jun 6, 2017.

1. Moorefallen Active Member

I know I am kind of a slacker when it comes to crafting, But i really liked the crafting story line ( apart from the crafting) Let me get this right, the queen was actually a undead creature that i resurrected when i did the her time line. Then when i did the crafting time line i found out she worshiped a dead god, & that her now dead god created a place to store artifacts of other dead gods and i have been running this daily for a long time now and never knew this ....Is there a place one can read up on this lore?
    Mathafern likes this.
  2. Katz Well-Known Member

I don't know if this will help you with that specific lore but here are some
    ​links to lore info
  3. Moorefallen Active Member

awesome thx
  4. Moorefallen Active Member

Ok So here is what I found
    Zou Kunnen Diety of magic & patron of the Queen Alwenielle and her fellow Glaufaye.
    an ancient race of fairy-like creatures whose existence predates that of the dwarves and roekillik.
    Should note that: Zou kunnen created the Arcanna’se Spire as a kind of hall of remembrance for her and other 4 dead gods: Paixao Deity of Passion, Aniquilacion Deity of Destruction, Pingyuan Diqu a Nature Deity, & one unknown atm disease based deity. To preserve her legacy Zou Kunnen turned the Glaufaye into an undead creation.

We should note that the chaos stones contain the memories of 3 dead gods, Are these different gods or ones already known I am not sure atm.
  5. Lucus Well-Known Member

how did you come to this conclusion? as far as i know Zou Kunnen used a chrono-lock spell on the glaufaye ceasing their aging and their ability to die.

there's a quest you start from a purple ghost in thalumbra to the north of their village where you end up breaking the spell making them mortal again.

i wouldn't call that undeath, since undeath requires something to die first and then be raised from the dead.
  6. Moorefallen Active Member

If you remember when the Theer kills any thing with the sword of destiny it removes them from existence any living entity loses any knowledge of them. the only way to Save their memory of them is by creating something that is not living so if they are not undead they would have to be some type of construct.
  7. Moorefallen Active Member

So as I sit here pondering this another point comes to mind. The Sorceress Gwen'vae was a Sulite which brings us back to Anuk & Anashti Sul... One of the artifacts in the tower is missing did some one of the faith steal it away???
  8. Moorefallen Active Member

I have discovered that the Disease based deity might just be Xul'Varien we should also note that this collection adds to my thought that the Glaufaye are undead (but again does not prove it)
  9. Meneltel Well-Known Member

I just want to worship Lanys... and slay all those who mock Her or doubt Her power!
  10. Moorefallen Active Member

IN a previous expansion During the Rhoen Theer fight there are up to four runes you slay to grant him powers. Each of these runes is named after slain gods.

· Pingyuan Diqu
    · Paixao
    · Zou Kunnen
    · Aniquilacion

We should note that Xul’ Varien is not represented here in this fight So what happened to him? I am lead to believe that during the revolt agaist Rhoen Theer these gods got killed. A few questions still linger… what is the nature of the relationship between Anashti Sul & Xul’Varien And what happened to Xul’Varien...??
  11. Meirril Well-Known Member

It removed knowledge of the deity from the multiverse. That means inanimate objects as well. A loophole in this is things created by divine energy. The ewer of sul'dal was certainly not destroyed, but everything else of Anashti'sul was...except for the sulites that were in the Arcanna'se Spire.

The Galfay race was created to also bypass Rohen Theer's ability to remove that knowledge. So was the Chaos Stone, and apparently the entire Arcanna’se Spire. The spire not only protected its intended recipients, but it also protected some Sulites that invaded the tower to make sure that Anashti's ancient enemy would be truly destroyed.

Though that entire storyline creates a contradiction in the timeline. If Xul'Varien was one of the gods killed by Rohen Theer, then Anashti'sul would know he was dead before she was banished to the Void. And all of this pre-dates Veeshan discovering Norrath. So why is the tower on Norrath? Same reason the Ewer of Sul'dal is. Because the game happens on Norrath.

It was explained that the Galfay's immunity to having their memory erased was due to their time being stopped. With the diminished influence from the Chaos stone their time is no long stopped. They are mortal again and the Queen believes they will forget the old gods because of it.
  12. Moorefallen Active Member

"The ewer of sul'dal was certainly not destroyed, but everything else of Anashti'sul was...except for the sulites that were in the Arcanna'se Spire. " And the ones in the Sinking sands and The Silent City. & lets not forget the God King Anuk and all his little minions running around the fountain of life. but we can chalk this up to her not truly being destroyed.
    The Galfay race was created to also bypass Rohen Theer's ability to remove that knowledge.”
    This is an interesting theory. I have not found any thing to support this.. The Glaufaye Memories hint that they where once or at least had dealings with the Silfae They are defiantly older than any living race on Norrath. & this would fill in a few holes. IF her and the other 4 gods plotted against Rohen Theer then the little shard of her own plane would seem legit for saving their essence for restoration.
    "If Xul'Varien was one of the gods killed by Rohen Theer, then Anashti'sul would know he was dead before she was banished to the Void." Hmm the fact that she knows about Xul lends to the evidence that he was in fact not killed by Theer.
  13. Moorefallen Active Member

"So why is the tower on Norrath?" The tower you are referring to is not really a tower at all but is a shard of her plane of existence that was locked in chrono weave till adventures corrupted it and now its decaying.
  14. Earar Well-Known Member

But Thalumbra isn't on Norrath ... or is it ? they were created by another god then went into Brell's realm right ? If they came from the planes, then they could have ended on Norrath and be older than creatures there without hving been created on Norrath ?
  15. Moorefallen Active Member

If you do the crafting time line , The Duality explains, Thalumbra & its not actually part of the underfoot, which means its part of Norrath not the planes. Long ago there was a trade route between Maldura and Norrath proper via the now lost City of Moradhim That's about all I know atm.
  16. Earar Well-Known Member

but doesn't mean Glaufae lived there all along ? don't remember everything.
  17. Moorefallen Active Member

You are correct the Glaufaye are tied to the Shard not Thalnumbra.
  18. Cronyn Developer

I'd like to clear up one point, because Anashti's line in the deity quest is written in a way that is causing confusion.

She's not surprised Xul'Varien is gone - she's surprised that he's been replaced. The first part of that dialog is her confirming to herself (more or less) that he's gone, and the second part is her musing about the new god who took over his spot. She's basically talking to herself right then and the player is just mostly there.

Anyway, lore hounds please continue! I'll be stepping out now. :)
    GrunEQ, TechUp, Shmogre and 2 others like this.
  19. Anaogi Well-Known Member

/the ghost of an old lorehound rattles near-empty bottle of migraine remedy at thread

...y'all don't know the absolute half of the utter mess that is Anashti's lore, do ya...
    Kaitheel likes this.
  20. Rainmare Well-Known Member

The Glaufaye and the Arcane'see Tower were creations by Zou Kunnen, and were 'time locked' it seems right before then engaged Theer, so artifacts of all of them woudl be preserved and thus they would be preserved. becuase Theer's ability to erase them effected the timestream. it erases the history in memory, so no one remembers them. but if your outside of time, then your not affected.

it doesn't destroy artifacts or physical things, just the memories of every living thing. Xul was replaced by Bertox, adn I actually read it the way Cronyn described at first. cause she didn't have a like 'that's odd, I don't sense Xul'Varien..and who is this upstart' but more like 'Yup, that guy is definately gone...but now there's a new one? damn it.'

My confusion was that she's clearly not the present god of health..and definately linked to undead and void things..so why would she care?

but the Glaufaye aren't undead, they are/were more of kept in stasis, until we free them, which they seem rather pleased with, feeling that they could now 'rejoin the song of life' still don't know how long they might potentially live though. Thalumbra is a section of the Underfoot, but not part of Brell's plane. there's a breach into brells plane, yes, but it's not part of it. kinda like the Hole isn't part of Brell's realm, but it is being absorbed/added to it. thanks to a stupid gnome breaching that door.
    Kaitheel likes this.