Planes of Power?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Pharone, Jun 5, 2017.

1. Entropy Well-Known Member

It's posts like these that make me miss the good old days of EQ2Flames. This level of ridiculousness, exposed to that forum crowd, with that kind of loose moderation, would have made for a truly legendary thread.

/wistful sigh
    -Soteria- likes this.
  2. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Then animate my BROOM into a mount.

Cyrrena
  3. Uxtalzon Active Member

Come to think of it, I heard developer nightmares back when PoP was released. Some zones never made it to live and were shown on the maps given in the expansion boxes (Plane of Health being one). Rallos Zek was supposed to be in Plane of War after beating the Zek brothers in Tactics as part pf progression, but was never finished and RZ was crammed into Tactics as well. They didn't even have Plane of Time finished (first raid instancing ever done) so they made it a horrible guild vs. guild flagging race.

Also, for a VERY short time, like a few days, players running animations changed. It looked like we were all doing that race kids do by holding an egg on a spoon and holding it outward while jogging. Everyone complained and it was reverted. Was that you, mister Ttobey? They should've kept it.

I wonder if there were any gods PoP that were scrapped. Like I just recently saw Rodcet Nife in a deity quest, but he never existed in EQ. :(
  4. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Except for Grummus, I animated these.
  5. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Yeah we had someone want the runs changed and they were rushed in. A few of them were pretty good in my opinion, definitely better than what was in game, but people didn't like a few of them, so they were all taken out.
  6. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Broom Player race maybe.
    Mizgamer62, Cyrrena and Prissetta like this.
  7. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

All mine here. Sol Ro was the first character I animated at SOE.
  8. Ryuken Active Member

Nice Tobey! Well done! :)

Thought they were really creepy back in the day!
    Mizgamer62 and ttobey like this.
  9. Ryuken Active Member

As earlier stated, would love to see them all again in EQ2 with the same (or similar) progression-system as it was in EQ1.

Defeat T1 bosses, advance to T2 etc

And wouldnt hurt with Tobey as lead animator.
  10. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

:) Leader of one. I will gladly lead myself!
    Lateana, Mizgamer62 and Pharone like this.
  11. Mermut Well-Known Member

What is your definition of 'raid content' if you're calling KA heroics a raid?
  12. Pharone Active Member

LOL! Been there. Done that at a number of companies myself. Come in with the title Lead Developer. I look around, and say, "where's my team?" Boss, "Oh. No. You are the team. Welcome aboard."
  13. Melt Actually plays the game

I wonder what he would call EQ1 72 man raids. *shivers*
    Livejazz likes this.
  14. Ryuken Active Member

Tobey, are you responsible for ALL the animations in Plane of Power???
  15. Rainmare Well-Known Member

I want to make a suggestion that Ttobey should look at Warhammer 40k lore, take a look at Slannesh, and then make a Thoxule mob and make them put Thoxlue in Eq2 and up the rating to M just for the God of Lust :p
  16. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Just the gods. I'm the only animator on EQ2 though.
    Lateana, Mizgamer62 and Prissetta like this.
  17. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Broom familiar?
    Pharone and theriatis like this.
  18. Pharone Active Member

That would be a cool familiar.

Hmm.... in fact, a parrot that sits on your shoulder would be a really cool familiar.
    Prissetta and Moorefallen like this.
  19. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

My halfling swashie wannabe pirate has one of these: \aITEM 2030861624 -119859003: Parrot\/a (had to put a space before the letter P because it turned into an emote)
    It's LoN loot. Not as good as a familiar would be, but still pretty cool!
    Shmogre and Pharone like this.
  20. Ardur Duradan Well-Known Member

PoP eq2 style confirmed.