Planes of Power?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Pharone, Jun 5, 2017.

1. Melkior Well-Known Member

I've got to say I found it odd you started off accusing someone of sophistry then committing it yourself. Are the Heroic zones difficult? Some yes, others no. They have been tuned down several times to make them more accessible for all. Either way, changing the definition of Raid from 12 or 24 man content to 6, is a bit disingenuous.
    Neiloch and Livejazz like this.
  2. Dude Well-Known Member

Which one rides the animated broom mount?
    Cyrrena and ttobey like this.
  3. Ryuken Active Member

CLASH OF THE TITANS!

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    Pharone and Livejazz like this.
  4. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Livejazz likes this.
  5. Melt Actually plays the game

Wut

My guild can 3 man most heroics now.

Wut
  6. Nelie Well-Known Member

Sorry to say but I know people who are barely even casual and hardly even group 3-5 times a week, let alone have NEVER seen a raid mob in their entire time of playing EQ2...but yet still have their epic 2.0 done. They completed this with 6 players or less on every step of their quests.

Six (6) man content has always been considered HEROIC content, no matter how much you want to twist words and definitions around.

However, by your thinking....I know people who DUO heroic content, so does that make SOLO/ADV SOLO content HEROIC content?
    Livejazz likes this.
  7. Crilly New Member

Yes!, this would make me super excited for the next expansion. On my walls in my man cave have the 5 cloth maps that came in the huge POP collection. The raids were so much fun and really miss the hedge mazes PON and trying to make my way in the crazy world of POM. The zone in POI always loved the scrapyard, and would also sing the theme to Sanford and sons as played. Last but not least can't forget the fun and tight areas of POJ. Aoe would be the death of you and the whole zone might just come and vist and smack you down for your trouble.

Someone else mentioned LDON's this would be another fun idea. Some of my best experiences were just grabbing a pugs and meeting new people as we slowly made way thru all these different zones. Then toward the end of that expansion we had the slow build up of the ships being build weekly for the next expansion for Gates of Discord. ONce that exp opend wow those mobs hit so much harder and i remember that huge tutrle on the beach
  8. Fleurs Active Member

Well, by his definition, Solo adv content is *raid* content, but only for 2 people.

:rolleyes:
  9. Ryuken Active Member

As long as we have to start with Plane of Nightmares and Plane of Disease!

Grummus, Terris Thule

Then onwards to Saryrn, Bertoxx etc

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    Crilly and Livejazz like this.
  10. Season Active Member

are you implying you shoudl be able to get EVEN MORE BIS items from solo play? cool. thats dumb
  11. Livejazz Well-Known Member

That's some hi-quality sophistry, right there ;)
    Ahem. As to the thread itself, we all know that Velious was the best ever time for EQ1, but whatevs, I'll happily take a PoP-style expac for EQ2 -- especially if it's all contested :)
  12. Pharone Active Member

That's awesome. Their fight animations were great. I just hope they have the grand scale that they did in EQ1. They were massive, and us players were like small dolls attacking them lol.

OMG I got to ask. Did you animate the rider on the Rhino mounts in EQ2's RoK expansion? It cracks me up how my character looks like he is hanging on for dear life when he rides it.
    Livejazz and Snikkety like this.
  13. Grayven Member

EQ1 graphics are just so hard to look at without cringing.

I think ttobey should create a mob that's a cross between a female pig and an octopus. 12 mammaries and 8 tentacles to animate!
    Livejazz likes this.
  14. Pharone Active Member

Rollas Zek the Worlord and Solusek Ro were two of my favorite raids, and I loved their zones! I so hope we get to do them again.

There was enough content in the Planes of Power expansion to cover a multiple expansions. I mean each God pretty much has a storyline that could be expanded on with the culmination of that God's storyline being the expansion's main raid target as that particular God (or his/her competitor).

Oh man so many things they could do with this content.
    Livejazz and Crilly like this.
  15. Camoeb New Member

Not to get too negative but looking at the past few expansions I don't think the current dev team would be able to truly do PoP the justice that it deserves. There was an insane amount of content and zones in that expansion that all had a completely different look and feel.to them. PoP is one of those expansions where people are incredibly nostalgic similar to velious. If daybreak was to do this correctly it would be a massive undertaking to say the least. If it's anything like KA, ToT, AoM, ect it would be a sad waste of the name.
  16. Tajar Well-Known Member

I loved Planes of Power expac.
  17. KythosMeltdown Active Member

Yep. They threw in the word Kunark and most of us couldn't resist.

Then again, I don't think KA was god awful. Obviously no where near RoK, but they have their excuses. At least the map wasn't U-Shaped (ToT grr) in order to artifically increase the time it took you to go from A to B.

The bar is very low, all the have to do is remove stuff and it will be a better expansion. (p2w, timegates, ability reduction, aas etc).
  18. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Mizgamer62 likes this.
  19. Rainmare Well-Known Member

depends on how you look at it. in EQ1 PoP, we had to del with various gods because we were trying to free Zeb. we needed the Cipher, we had to stop Rallos and Sol Ro, but other then that, it was just go here, kill to get 'immune' to the energies of the next plane. it wasn't really a 'war' with sides to it.

there's almost no chance we're going to the Elemental Planes again. so that's 4 places they won't need. Rallos is dead, so no need to go to Drunder again. We might have New Taanan as our hub again, but if it's war, then I doubt we'll be spending time in Tranquility.

We *may* see Torment and Nightmares again, provided they don't just stay with Lanys as a trio in a bigger badder Vadenmoor or the full plane of Hate rather then a shard.

I can see Valor/Love/storms/flame being quest hubs or instances were we're helping fight off Malice, Torment, and Nightmares. Or venture to planes/instances where it's our job to try and stop them from recruiting other dieties like Anashti Sul.
  20. Ryuken Active Member

Loved Plane of Knowledge as the Hub in PoP as well!

And loved Plane of Tranquilitys music!

You really felt tranquil there.

Ardur Duradan likes this.