Planes of Power?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Pharone, Jun 5, 2017.

1. Pharone Active Member

So, I had heard rumors of the next expansion being something along the lines of the EQ1 expansion Planes of Power. Planes of Power was arguably one of the best expansions in the long line of expansions ever made for EQ1. I say arguably because there are the purist that believe nothing is better than Kunark, Velious, or Luclin, but we ignore those people right ;)

The thing is, I was wondering... is there anything out there on the next expansion (video, pre-announcement letter, AMA, etc) that these rumors are based on, or is it just that; baseless rumors?

I for one was a huge fan of Planes of Power. To me, it was the best raid-based expansion in EQ1 history. The zones were epic and gave the feeling of entering the realms of the Gods. There was nothing quite like wiping to Rallos Zek the Warlord week after week as we learned the strategy lol. He put us in our place like any God should do. It was just a very epic expansion.

I truly hope this is the next EQ2 expansion.
    Livejazz likes this.
  2. Melt Actually plays the game

The epilogue of KA showed that there will be a war of the gods in the future, so it is very probable that the next expansion would contain that. I never got much into EQ1, but Plane of War in EQ2 is a fantastically designed zone. If we get more of that, then +1 here.
  3. Rainmare Well-Known Member

The Epilogue has us shatter the Chaos Orb, and Mithaniel showing up to take Terris, Sarymn, and Lanys to the Council to decide what to do with them for killing Inny. the Tenets of Hate refuse, saying they made plans in case the orb was destroyed, and there's 3 of them, and 1 of him.

Sol Ro, Karana, Quellious, and I think Prexus show up, now outnumbering them 5 to 3. Lanys and the others say they are NOT going back, that instead they are abandoning the Pantheon/Celestial Order. Mithaniel warns then that doing so means war, a war they cannot win.

they basically give the gods present the finger, and leave, and Mithaniel says, war it is then...before they all leave to go to Council to decide how to deal with the Tenets. Quellious after gives very strong hints that us mortals are going to be called upon. though I also think that the Tenets won't be the only gods that leave, and thus evening up the sides.

I can see Anashti throwing her lot in with the Tenets, due to her past history with the other gods, and I can see Vallon and Tallon leaving because of them being pissy with Sullon being the leader of the Hounds. I can see Ully leaving to become a sleeper agent to betray Lanys later to assume the mantle of Hate for herself.

but like Planes of Power, this is shaping up to be a major war of the gods that we'll be used as foot soldiers for.
  4. Pharone Active Member

Going ... to... be... EPiC.!
    Livejazz likes this.
  5. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

Exactly how does one get to view this cut scene again?
  6. Jhen Ro Active Member

How to see the Epilogue: The quest is called "Witness to the Past" - it's offered after you have finished your Epic 2.0 on your character; rewards the orange adornment, "Rune of the Celestial." It's available only after that specific character has completed the 2.0. Piece of mail, then the npc, I believe, is outside Vaedenmoor in OF.
  7. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

figured.
    so only for the raiders,.. how nice.
    thanks for input though :)
  8. Jhen Ro Active Member

Sure thing.

And no, not for the raiders. No raid content at least on Priest, Scout, and at least through the first two parts of Mage that I can personally verify. There IS heroic content - group zones, absolutely. But not for just for the raiders, no.
    Livejazz and captainbeatty451 like this.
  9. Stach Well-Known Member

No it is not for raiders, I am not a raider and have completed it on 2 characters, both of which took a lot of grey quests, and am now working slowly on 4 more. So just need a decent group and perseverance to get most of it done.

Stach
    Livejazz likes this.
  10. Maldek Active Member

No step of Epic 2.0 requires a raid-force
    Livejazz and Snikkety like this.
  11. Maldek Active Member

EQ1 PoP was a fantastic expansion, and one of the best-executed from a progression guild standpoint.
    As a purist, it is hard to say that having lived thru Kunark/Velious those were not 'better' but PoP might be.

Oddly enough, Lost Dungeons of Norrath is still one of my favorites as I enjoy single group content equally if not more than raid. I find groups of six to be more engaging than 24+ where there's always at least 2-10 people AFK at any given moment
  12. Pharone Active Member

If you want to enjoy those grey quests, you might try using a chronomancer to self-mentor down to the quests level. That's what I do.
    Cyrrena and Livejazz like this.
  13. Ryuken Active Member

Sounds great! What about Cazic Mr T?
  14. Pharone Active Member

Ladies... and... Gentlemen.

Are... You... READY TO RUMBLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

In this corner we have...

Rallos "The Warlord" Zek and Solusek Ro, the burning prince!

and...

In this corner we have...

Mithaniel Marr "snap in to a slimjim!" and Karana, the rain keeper himself!
  15. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

I animated all of them in EQ1. :)
  16. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

sophistry.
    Especially with the realization that the correct terms to be used: a KA Heroic "*IS* a RAID, but only for six people.
    Call it Dancing Through the Daisies, Call it Peanut Butter and Mud; A Rose by Any Other Name,... RAID content is still RAID content.
  17. Uxtalzon Active Member

Which one was it that made his weapon float for a moment so he could cast a spell before grabbing it again? RZ? That was a good one.
  18. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

That was Sol Ro and Rallos Zek I think.
    Pharone and Livejazz like this.
  19. Maldek Active Member

100% wrong.
    Nuhvohk, Mermut, -Soteria- and 3 others like this.
  20. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

I've been slowly getting to animate EQ2 versions of them all.
    Kurisutaru, Mizgamer62 and Livejazz like this.