The T4's that are left

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Yards, May 13, 2017.

1. Earar Well-Known Member

do u even fights T4s ? do u even raid ?

and maybe top tier raiding guilds know a bit about the raid encounters.
  2. Yards Well-Known Member

You seem to be misinformed. It's not like there is just a mechanic or something not working in some fights. Sometimes just about every single mechanic in the whole entire encounter is not working. Sometimes the fight is so badly broken and not working that they have to despawn the encounter.

For some reason you are under the impression that the developer's are doing the player base a favor by fixing broken things in the game. This is a product they are trying to sell, no one is forced to buy it. Their job is to make a product to sell and keep as many people happy as they can so people keep buying it. If you were a developer and you purposely pushed back fixes etc to punish your customers, your game would die and you would be in the unemployment line.
    Mizgamer62, Snikkety, Mezrat and 4 others like this.
  3. Djwidem Member

They are being beta tested on live, just like the PGs were.

These are the issues I am personally seeing. It seems they have committed to a 3-4 month gear cycling where they offer items which are substantially more powerful in regular intervals. The implementation has been horrendous as what this concept does is completely stale content. (IE why people solo heroics)

This incredibly hampers the tuning of content that has a life of more than that gear cycle. As such, in order to make sure it wasn't under tuned (to easy) they added in gear scores such as resolve and combat mitigation. Over time they let these run their course. Most people aren't having resolve issues and combat mit less and less so. Some of these might have been designed, I would accept this under resolve, others had to be adjusted after the fact IE combat mit.

I can see where they actually expected this. This phenomena would call for creating duplicate, yet harder zones in order to make sure these don't stale out. Bring in the EXPERT zones. The heroic ones were implemented fine, but the raid ones were broken. Those expert raids weren't looked at until it was pointless to even go into them since we had reached the next gear cycle of t4 raid mobs and PGs.

So they are at this point collecting data which should have been collected months ago in testing in order to determine how hard mob should be.
    Mizgamer62, Revanu and Mathafern like this.
  4. Gninja Developer

Sounds to me like there is a misconception that encounters available right now are broken because they have not been beaten. That is absolutely not the case. Yes, bugs are getting fixed but they are typically fixed very quickly if not actually gone on the server and I have fixed it in person for every guild pulling that encounter that day. If we really wanted stuff to sit unkilled would we be doing that?

I have been watching folks pulling these encounters and in a lot of cases I am seeing tons of comments about how broken things are when the strats are not being figured out, are being ignored, or intentionally attempted to ignore causing failure scripts which are perceived as broken mechanics even though there is a red message sent to everyone saying you screwed up. I have been in conversations with many/most guilds raiding at that level and letting them know if things are broken or not based on what is being seen. If you are seeing something you think is bugged feel free to send me a PM and I can confirm if its a bug or not but there is NOTHING being left to intentionally block any progression at all.

If you feel balance is off please provide information supporting your claim and I will look at it and even watch your guild make pulls to see if something is just being missed in terms of strat or if it really is just not balanced properly. The current unkilled encounters (Baliath and Trakanon) are working from what I am seeing. No guild has executed the scripts correctly yet so its difficult to say they are unkillable while seeing said guilds either pulling and not figuring the scripts out or just deciding not to pull it at all because you feel its broken. I will not be adjusting encounters if the raiding community decides its broken without giving me some sort of supporting information other than "We can't kill it, it must be broken cause we are the bestest everz!"
    Berret1, Leeroy, Darkale and 6 others like this.
  5. Fairin Active Member

so last time we did a pull on terris.. she slaped people around for 100 millions of damage, with her balance of light and dark doing an average of 8.5 million to each person every few seconds.

tried her sunday. got slaped around for 100s of millions of damage. and wiped the raid in 10 seconds flat.

maybe we'll pull her a few times on tuesday and see if we can live longer than 15 seconds, she hasn't been killed on AB so maybe we got the hardcore version.

[IMG]

now that we've killed all the expert raid mobs maybe we can get the gear to survive her encounter?
  6. Kioske Well-Known Member

This is from our kill pull. Keep in mind that if anyone dies at all, her damage ramps up really fast. Keeping the deaths to zero is the easiest way to heal through this encounter. (literally 1-2 deaths can really ramp up the damage)

We had zero deaths during this pull.

[IMG]
  7. Kioske Well-Known Member

Also keep in mind that if anyone is showing up to raid with less than 15 million HP (20 mill is best) and less than 300k resists, they're probably not there to help you kill that named.
    Zeddicious likes this.
  8. Fairin Active Member

now how the hell do i convince people to stack hp if i cant even get them to wear the ward constantly... /wrist

WTB PG stuff using dungeon tokens- you know the stuff we have but nothing to spend them on?.
  9. Earar Well-Known Member

20 million ? how do u reach that without the orange adorns ?

and 300k resists ? I can get there with the charm of the first brood ... but without it I cap around 260k resist :/
  10. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

You make sure all your jewellery has resists on (be aware of epic items that go on neck & finger have no resists), and make sure you are wearing raid jewellery and not heroic (difference is like 10k per slot).

Also taking 2 Inqs makes the fight a ton easier.
    Feldon likes this.
  11. Kioske Well-Known Member

There are lots of temp adorns and potions you can use to adjust your resists and HP. Also, if you have to wear the charm to get the resists for the fight, wear the charm. It's worth it.
  12. Kari Well-Known Member

The pull on Sunday was on an impulse at the end of raid, and the raid wasn't set up appropriately for that fight. You shouldn't despair over the damage received on that encounter, because we created the problem ourselves.
  13. Fairin Active Member

*facepaws* yeah i mentioned that kari but was referencing the other raid guilds issues, however i dont have their parses so i linked our pull because its very similiar.
  14. Feldon Well-Known Member

You play EQ2 for about a week every other year and then go off and create content for your YouTube channel. Then you go onto the next game. There's nothing wrong with that, but I think opinions should be weighted accordingly.
    Mizgamer62, Snikkety and Ambi like this.
  15. StoneLegion Active Member

Yeah I bet I need to play 13 years straight to tell the difference between constructive and non constructive feedback. My mistake mate.
  16. Djwidem Member

We don't get to see this often. I always like to point out how adult it is when people admit their mistakes. Thank you.

So many people these days just hunker down and never admit they were mistaken. This is very refreshing.
    Kane Hart likes this.
  17. Veta Well-Known Member

I won't tell you exactly what to do, but I'll give you a hint. The hint is given in the name of the ability in ACT as well as the detriment tooltip applied to each person on how to balance the damage. I'll let you figure out the rest. :)
    Kioske likes this.
  18. Probe One Member

Indeed.

EQ2Wire Looking For a Staff Writer
    Feldon, March 7 2017
    "I have barely played EQ2 in the last few years"

Kane Hart is offering constructive raid feedback. You're only offering feedback on Kane Hart. How about offering constructive feedback from a player perspective on T4 raids instead?
  19. Djwidem Member

LOL Kane offered no raid feedback.
  20. -Soteria- Well-Known Member

I thought the feedback from Yards and myself on page 2 was pretty constructive. In case it was TL;DR, here's a summary:

- DPS requirements seem to take a surprisingly steep jump from one encounter to the next until adjustments are made
    - Panic scripts aren't a well liked mechanic
    - If the goal is to limit how long an encounter can go on, we'd rather see a mechanism like progressively increasing damage that eventually becomes overwhelming, or script elements like add spawns, AoEs, or whatever that come faster and faster until it overwhelms the raid as opposed to having enrage timers on every encounter.

Other than that, Widem kinda said... hey there's been really fast stat inflation from itemization that makes it hard to balance raid content. Most of the rest of the thread was off topic chitchat... not really feedback. But maybe I missed all the non-constructive feedback because I was skimming?
    Azian and Revanu like this.