Fallen Gate date

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by samirish, May 3, 2017.

1. StoneLegion Active Member

For the date or to have it launch. TBH should be given a good 4 weeks notice tbh.
  2. Rozyn Well-Known Member

LOL I have the exact same problem. I just want a date already, if it's not til September because that's how long they need, okay, but man, I want some infoz! Gotta get my gaming schedule in order. >.<
  3. Collagen123 New Member

Just worried that I'm gonna spend 60$ then next week or after its gonna release
  4. StoneLegion Active Member

Ahh had to google it the new FF14 expansion.
  5. Collagen123 New Member

Looks pretty good, but honestly I would rather play this server. I need something to tide me over till it comes out if it's gonna be awhile.
    Siren and Rozyn like this.
  6. Kander Developer

We should be announcing a date and posting information as early as next week. Soon.
    Carynn, Siren, Draknox and 4 others like this.
  7. StoneLegion Active Member

8. Adjuvant1 Member

Looking forward to it. Really. Truly.

Not kidding.
  9. Zenji Well-Known Member

It's now "next week", we are still "not so patiently" waiting. :)
  10. Phaedrix Active Member

11. Scott4323 Active Member

Just checking in, date yet? Very excited about this
  12. captainbeatty451 Well-Known Member

For everyone who's excited about this...why? Are you excited because you hope there will be rewards for the live server to work towards? Or are you excited because you feel the design of the early levels was superior to the current levels? Is it something else?

I for one hate the idea of a new TLE or 'special' servers. Last time I tried to get into a random group ACROSS SERVERS on live, it took forever and ended up being a busted group of people who wouldn't communicate or follow simple directions. All a TLE will do for people in my shoes is dilute the live server even more.

So, with the ability to play all the early content already there, I just don't get it. Unless you want those rewards for live, which I hope don't exist.
    VGScastaway and Scott4323 like this.
  13. Venser Active Member

the mechanics are different on TLE. have you played over on SH, the next TLE server hurts SH pop too. Not everyone playing now has done previous content with at level gear and stats. if you do progression on live, the mechanics are different and it will be extremely easy. but on tle, it plays different making older content a challenge again.
    Draknox and captainbeatty451 like this.
  14. Rozyn Well-Known Member

Alright I'll bite, although I don't go into Live discussions and ask why on Earth they're playing there and ask them to explain themselves lol. As far as I understand it, this TLE, like Stormhold, will not offer special incentives. It's not the Race to Trak server (unless I missed some news? people can feel free to correct me.) So here goes my personal reasons:
    • Fresh start, no twinks, level playing field.
    • Stats are way more toned down. No vet rewards, basically makes it a little tougher to level and makes class tricks and abilities that you haven't hotbar'd in years useful again. Druids portals anyone? CCing mobs at low levels?! Whoaaa.
    • Get to experience parts of the game that haven't been visited on Live in years. Nooks and crannies that are overlooked in the speedy streamlined Live questline are now viable again.
    • Basically you get to start over and enjoy some meaningful low-level gameplay, explore the game again w/o having to mentor down because you normally out-level it so fast.
    Edit: Also to add, I for one am not diluting Live because I haven't played on it in years. Most people who enjoy Live will continue to do so. It does however, bring back returned players who are pretty overwhelmed by where Live is and want to enjoy some old content again. If nothing else, some of those players might say "Wait, no flying mounts or vet rewards and mandatory sub? Screw that, I'm trying out the Maj'dul server!"
  15. Kaegrim New Member

Well Beatty451. I can't talk for anyone but myself, but i tried to play on the normal servers but it's impossible for me to enjoy them due to many many resons that i wont get detail about. But for you to get a hint i can say that the economy, crafting, traveling, adventureing, experience rate and feeling of rewards is alot more fun on a fresh server. I can enjoy each level and each level lasts for a while. I can craft myself a lvl 12 armor and im accualy going to be using it for a while. And i like the fact that there are no mercenarys on thouse servers ither. And less portals or fasttravel systems.

You see, fallen gate is perfect for players like me. I wont have an active account unless there is a server like that. Stormhold was wonderful when i released even if i couldnt keep up the pace. But im going to be able to experience that once again.
    So then ill reactivate. (And bring more money into the production of your game experience aswell)

That was 1 players opinion
    captainbeatty451 likes this.
  16. Scott4323 Active Member

I like eq2 when I get to play eq2 with other people, I perceive my greatest chances of playing the game with other people to be on tle. I'm in the belief that sh is already too far progressed for me to catch up to the mass, and i would have an even more remote chance of playing with other players on live.
    Rozyn and captainbeatty451 like this.
  17. captainbeatty451 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the responses. I was under the impression that it was a Race to Trak type of deal where doing one benefits the other. Feels like everyone I know has been interested in it for the possible rewards that transfer over to live, and that put a really bad taste in my brain about it. The people I know are excited about the things you all are as well, but it was the reward that seemed to be the carrot to actually play there. I guess in this case, there is a real desire from many to start fresh with different rules. Personally, I can't stand that pre-prestige gameplay and would be annoyed at limited ways to get around. But that's obviously a to each his/her own position.

If it has no rewards for live, then you can forget I even asked in the first place.
    Kaegrim likes this.
  18. Zenji Well-Known Member

It was mentioned in that Fallen Gate will have HQ rewards that will be claimable on live servers, but not so good that they feel mandatory to get. I think it was more of an incentive to say "hey lets give it a try and see what it's like", not a requirement to stay competitive on live servers. The example they gave was, the Jboots HQ reward scaling with the level you claim it at. Far from game break but maybe just enough to get people to try the new server.

As far as stealing players from live servers, I would venture to guess most players that will be on Fallen Gate will be Stormhold players or returning players that like the idea of a fresh start and ability to experience the earlier parts of the game with less inflated stats/AA which just trivialize the content.
    captainbeatty451 likes this.
  19. Asteroid New Member

all i know is im hyped for the EQ2 progression server.. i have not been able to find a decent mmo to play in months so im hoping Fallen Gate comes out sooner then later.
  20. captainbeatty451 Well-Known Member

Yeah I was going mostly on how everyone I enjoy grouping with on live has mentioned wanting to make a fallen gate character to get rewards and try new stuff. Personally, I would love rewards and new stuff to be on live, tested and bug free, so we don't have to go and start all over somewhere else to do those things. But anyway, that's why I was curious as to why people were going to do it. To me, it's frustrating when these types of things are put into place. However, it does seem like there's a pretty big desire for it outside of people who want live rewards. So my saltiness has dissolved.