Compensation to players on broken classes

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Vunder, May 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vunder Well-Known Member

Title says it all. Many of us have stuck it out with hopes of broken and/or completely useless classes and are entering summer holding the bag. Now I've been playing EQ in some shape and form since 1999...I know FOTM classes come and go, but come on. YOU guys have seriously ruined several classes. Take mine for example

I play a channeler myself. Have since 2013 and I love playing him. Problem...SCREEEECHING halt once we cleared T2....not a soul wants a channeler from T3 up. Nobody. Not a single person. He is now guildless as he wasn't being used and I went looking for another. No luck...nobody wants a channeler...they are worthless I'm told.

I'm not the only one, lets look at others in the same boat.

Swashbucklers
    Wizards
    Warlocks
    Wardens
    Guardians
    Assassins
    Bruiser

Instead of listening to players and fixing these broken classes (Some more than others) you wasted valuable dev time on that idiotic Proving Grounds nonsense.
    Pixistik, Feldon, Kalika and 3 others like this.
  2. Pixilicious Well-Known Member

Yes, this is sad but true, whats even worse channelers were never FotM either, while other classes had a chance a few times.
    Although Im actually liking PG on my channeler only due to the epic 2, healing/curing on the run is cool, but thats about it.
  3. Fairin Active Member

guardians are fine.. their epic 2.0 is useless tho
    assassins are fine as well. parse very well - infact i know several that still make rangers cry
    wardens as ive only really seen one raiding . she kicks major butt..

brig-lite . er swash are indeed due for some lovins .. but they're not considered dps so.. maybe bard-lite now too?

wizards and warlocks - yeah... wizard epic 2.0 is 100% useless almost as bad as guardian and dirge...

you forgot dirge on this list.. .. poor.. poor dirges...

no comment on brusiers as i havent met in since i came back for KA

channelers need to be free before i consider buying the pay to unlock class with all the negativity around it.

how about troub sustained dps.. can we look into this? maybe 20% crit bonus across the board? yis? yis? >:)
  4. Ruckus Well-Known Member

Been a swashbuckler since launch, and have been waiting for this class to get some love ever since...hell, I can't remember how long I've been holding out for that love. Every expansion, we ask for help, even non-swashbucklers come to the forums to speak up for us, only for it to fall on deaf ears.

Hoping that the next MMO I end up playing has a solid rogue-style class that doesn't disappoint. I know that SWTOR failed on that, and my only option was to go down the healer spec instead of the DPS/utility spec. I ended up quitting 3 months into a paid 6 month sub.
  5. Kielex Well-Known Member

Change guardian, dirge and wizard epic abilities (only the ones that are pretty much useless).
    Massively change swashbucklers by making them a dps class rather than a weird no-skill contribution util class.
    Done.
  6. Fleurs Active Member

We got a channeler in our raiding guild, he is doing well, and we are doing most T3 normal and some T2 expert.
  7. Earar Well-Known Member

Bruisers are fine. I tank all T3 and expert T2.

Not as fine in PG but i can live with that.

Thing is, monks are i think better overall so ... my guess would be that most brawlers went to monks ? But bruisers are in a good spot.

Wardens are ok. U just need to know your class really well to manage it. They are still great healers. Not top spot right now but good still. Same, feels they aren't awesome in PG.

Sure some classes struggle a bit more than others, but the issue is more the playerbase. Some people heard this or that class sucked so they don't want to group with them. If players were more tolerent to classes who aren't the OP top ones, things would just be better
  8. Kielex Well-Known Member

If they didn't make one scout with 4 times the base dps of the other supposedly dps scout, yeah then I could understand that the issue lies with the community. Beastlord vs swash... lawl...
  9. Jamzez Active Member

Class Balance Updates
    In the upcoming expansion, we’ll be doing a major revamp of class balance focusing on bringing each class back into line with their intended roles. Specific areas of focus will be tier 1 DPS classes that are not performing as well as desired, and more support buffs and debuffs for several healer classes and expanded support for enchanters and bards. Is it really that hard for some of you to read what a dev post's?
  10. Kielex Well-Known Member

Is it really hard to understand that this is related to merging abilities together to get a brighter overview and then balancing?

They can do some class balance fixes already, people quit playing if they don't because people do not like to wait a total of a year for their class to be fixed.
  11. Revanu Well-Known Member

Of those 7 classes you listed, the only 1 that needs help is Swash...

Wizard- see daray or any top 5 guilds
    warlock - face/mogrim or any top 5 guilds
    warden- any top 5 guild
    Guardian- this is a joke right? guards are strong AF
    Assassin- gotta know how to play your class to be good at it
    Bruiser- Why is this ever on an improvement list? bruiser is and always will be OP if played right.

As for channeler, well its a gimmick class that has no DPS benefits and its not better than a druid or shaman or cleric.

Channeler vs cleric - cleric win (doesnt need explanation)
    Channeler vs druid - druid win (100000x more survivability and offensive buffs)
    Channeler vs shaman - shaman win (do i even have to compare)
  12. Uxtalzon Active Member

They did. They gave everyone a bauble to roll a new class.
    Pixistik, Fairin and Zeddicious like this.
  13. Fairin Active Member

still wondering why everyone isn't a conj troub or mystic yet.
  14. Revanu Well-Known Member

Trust me there are very few good mystics.... Thank goodness
  15. Nkito Well-Known Member

Was going to say "because Qeynos", and now I see the trend. /conspiracy
  16. Vunder Well-Known Member

All i seen you do was point to a few exceptions in top guilds that can carry a ****** class because they can, or they have used exploits to farm enough BiS pieces to overcome some of the broke crap.. I've seen Mogrim argue (maybe to strong a word) with the dev's in discord plenty of times over his broken class and the broken epics.
  17. Revanu Well-Known Member

But if they can do it, than why cant others? I know its a really good question.

As for the PG exploit or lackthereof. completely unrelated.
  18. Vunder Well-Known Member

This.

I've read their "class balancing" ideas in discord. They want to combine a bunch of spells to reduce the number of hotbars. The classes honestly need a complete and total rework from AA to abilities.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  19. Revanu Well-Known Member

In what way does that answer my response to you.

If some players, and there are actually quite a few of us, who excel at "supposed" broken/bad classes. Than why cant others? Again a very solid question.
  20. RadarX Community Manager

As a reminder, please ensure feedback is constructive when posting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.