KA instances - mobs & bosses increased damage

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Eskot, May 24, 2017.

1. Eskot New Member

I have noticed after the yesterday update 23/05, mobs & bosses in Kunark Ascending instances hit much harder.
    The increase of the damage is 2-3 times higher that it was before the update.
    In the message form DEV nothing is being said about it.
    I wonder if it was done purposely or it is unintentional result of the update to the PG.
    I and my friends, we are very casual players and that increase in damage of mobs put our progress in game back where we were about 1 month ago.
  2. Vunder Well-Known Member

I noticed a small jump in spike damage in experts. Nothing major, I averaged 7 million HPS per zone.
    DoomDrake likes this.
  3. Eskot New Member

Experts zone are still log way for us. We are doing now first instances in KA.
    Here are few stats: the setup of our group was the same and the fights length were the same.
    Arcannase Spire: Forgotten Sanctum
    Zaida'Rai, Keeper of Passions - before update: 80 million damage, After update: 312 million damage
    Kaesora: Xalgozian stronghold
    Captain Vhankmin - before update 55 million damage , after update 232 million damage
    His crocodiles damage has increased few times as well.

The rest of fights in those instances have similar increase for the mobs & bosses.

Before update our healer (shaman) out of the boredom was sleeping over the keyboard, but now is the busiest to keep us alive
  4. Gninja Developer

There were some issues regarding wards that were actually acting like damage reduction that had to be fixed. Due to that being fixed, incoming damage for those classes that were used to using the bugged damage reduction will increase. We are going through everything and adjusting as needed and will get those changes in as quickly as we can. It's a lot to go through but its actively being worked on.
    Livejazz, Pharone and Dude like this.
  5. quisling Well-Known Member

Notes said some wards. Which ones?
  6. Inyuyasha Member

I would say Carrion Warding was one of them, or the defiler's Harbinger... unless my dice are really crappy tonight.. first hit I was warded for 2.5 million and got hit for almost 9 million and right after that got hit for almost the exact same luckily I am an SK and I have bloodletter but for a single trash mob that seems very high damage. I would say some adjustments might need to be made
  7. Meneltel Well-Known Member

*wave*
  8. Inyuyasha Member

I went through my old logs of zones and so far what I have seen is damage has increased by about 300% Still doable but if you were struggling before you definitely wont be able to do it now without some significant adjustments to compensate for the increase
  9. learpilot74 Active Member

Gninja, the bigger question is why has this whole PG issue feel like it was a knee jerk implementation. No way was any of this tested before going live. I can say, like many in this game (I know many who have cancelled subs in the past week or so), they are tired of DB implementing untested content in live servers. The "fixes" all feel like knee jerk impulsive reactions by the devs. The ship map was completely unplayable and broken when the devs went live with it. There is absolutely no way the devs could have looked at that and said...yeah this looks great. Then, mobs are dying faster than intended because runes were put in the game way more advanced than where the game is currently. So the devs fix? Oh lets make many of the skills we gave you obsolete to work around our mistakes. Why is this? How in a fix, can you render shaman's wards useless. This not only ruined playability of many peoples character in PGs...but effected raids severely as well. There is no way that the devs thought that out, or it was another severe miscalculation on your parts. You can ban me for this statement, but there are TONS of other players that feel the same way. It feels quality control has been completely removed from EQ2. If the dev team doesn't shape up the mess that has exponentially gotten worse since this last xpac...there won't be anyone around by the next xpac. And through all the broken mess, the only thing DB has introduced are ways to stall the playing experience of dedicated players to cover for the lack of quality content. Time wasting events (only so much ascension exp a day for exp, PGs with ridiculous low awards for time required now by DB, etc), rehashing old content, and other attempts to cover up the lack of development of actual new...quality content. If I performed like that at my job, I would have been fired months ago. We love the game (or what it used to be), but DB is completely out of touch of what a majority of gamers think is fun. Time syncs that have been heavily utilized in the past year are almost insulting, and DB has barely done anything to make it right to the paying customers of all the server log in failures, lack of server stability. It feels like the liquidation company and DB really don't care about the game or their customers, and just look for a quick cash grab of kronos and DBC before the ship sinks. Since Ultima Online, I have seen many MMOs have some issues here and there, but never the chronic problems the dev team in eq2 seems to have at this time. I remember ESO had server issues, and they credited their subscribers a free day on their account to cover the downtime they game had!
    Meneltel, Conifur and Mathafern like this.
  10. Mathafern Well-Known Member

Welcome to the world of unintended consequences! At least solo, advanced solo, and PQs are still playable.

Tuning is supposed to be a slow, subtle, process; yanking all the knobs at once to see what happens is not how you do it.

I'm usually one to defend the devs but I can't drink the Kool-aid on this one.
    Livejazz and Meneltel like this.
  11. rpreed80 New Member

Tanks getting one shotted on tier 1-3 mobs is pretty annoying. Especially 2 days after clearing tier 4 and expert ****. It's obviously broken the way it is now. Unless we replace half our DPS with healers we don't have. Really no point to even log in until then.
  12. learpilot74 Active Member

I believe it should take time to build your character up, but sorry when it comes to trash, if you are going to put power items in the game that really shouldn't be there in the first place then you should be able to gamble or decide how much you can pull at one time. Don't put a hard mechanic in there just to make the player base spend and extra 15min (some 45min) just to do it. Time syncs aren't fun and are killing the game. Sorry. Bottom line, PG's were a lazy idea since you are forced basically to run 1 map over and over an over an over and over. Unacceptable.

Cataclysm likes this.
  13. learpilot74 Active Member

I think it was a typo...think it was supposed to say all wards lol

14. Gninja Developer

Lets not derail this thread into a PG thread please. Lets keep on topic. There are plenty of PG threads already.
    Livejazz likes this.
  15. quisling Well-Known Member

I ask again, "some types of wards" was the quote. Which ones?
  16. Gninja Developer

I don't have a full list but it was any ward that warded against a specific damage type. They would work correctly for the assigned damage type but for the rest it got applied as damage reduction and stacked. It WAS possible to make yourself 100% damage immune to all but one damage type with those so they had to be changed.
    Livejazz likes this.
  17. learpilot74 Active Member

18. learpilot74 Active Member

We aren't derailing this into a PG thread. The PG's and KA damage issues/wards are just the icing on the cake of the incredible amount of failures by DB. Again the meat and potatoes of the concerns were ignored. We are trying to find out why DB is having such are hard time implementing things into the game. The general consensus is none of this was actually tested before going live. If they were, how are all the problems plaguing EQ2 overlooked during testing? It is obvious, that none of these changes were thought out much. PG implementation of 1 map was broke on launch...completely unplayable, the wards were modified to help let some bleed through in damage and the end result was 75% of all damage was getting through. Seriously?? We are not trying to make this thread about PGs, but the issue with devs failing in properly testing any of the mechanics, maps, or ridiculous time syncs they are trying to implement. Please....for all that is holy, start testing this stuff internally before using your paying customers as a test bed.
  19. Gninja Developer

I am going to attempt to address your concerns, but I doubt you will like the answer. Yes, we tested these zones. In fact we had a lot of fun testing them. The problems (aside for a few smaller problems) have mostly been related with specific spells or abilities either being too powerful(some ascension abilities) or not powerful enough (Some heals/wards) While we did test each of these zones, there is no realistic way for us to test every single ability and combination of abilities possible within our current game. Does it suck that things were broken? Yeah, it sure does! But given the choice between giving some new content we are going to have to put out there and keep an eye on and dial in or no content at all, we made the choice to give some content. This is also the reason we only releases one or two zones. We have a couple more zones made for this, that once things get dialed in and working well we will add them into the mix as they use the same basic mechanics with slight variations.

In regards to future releases, we have been working on a way to set things up so we can adjust bugs and stuff without having to patch. That way when we find something that was not intended we can address it right away. The biggest piece of that is balance. It is extremely difficult to balance zones/bosses in the game right now due to the spectrum of skill levels/power of players. This will allow us to be more flexible and cause less downtime adjusting things.
    Livejazz, Pharone, Stach and 3 others like this.
  20. learpilot74 Active Member

I appreciate the feedback. I am relating to experiences in MMO's that go back to UO. I understand not everything works as intended with new content. That being said there is a difference between not working as intended, outright breaking it, or implementing completely broken content to live servers. The ship map was completely unplayable when implemented, and the issues were very obvious to anyone playing it the first run through. The wards....were so poorly adjusted it didn't just break a class but it severely effected the raids. So you are left with PGs that are barely working (not to mention the rewards are poor for time required to run them now), the raids have now been effected, etc. Instead of balancing content around the classes, they strip major skills that we were given by DB that players worked close to a year leveling up. What's next? I can't speak for anyone else, but I can tell you that DB has fallen out of touch of what their players consider fun (excessive use of repetitive time syncs). When these frustration over the past year are capped with all server issues, fatal error crashes that still plague us today, along with other frustrations, it is starting to feel like the train is starting to come off the tracks. In the past week, I know 6 or 7 people that have cancelled subs, and I know quite a few more considering it as well. I have never seen a major MMO have this many problems with servers and game breaking moves by development in a short period of time. When they did arise, other MMO's tried to make it right. Downtime was credited to subs, events were extended (and not quietly), etc. It feels like DB has barely been in touch with the community other than "we are working on it or it's fixed". Don't get me wrong, through all the negativity, I like EQ2. That is why I am speaking out. Most players really care about the game and want it to succeed. If we just turn a blind eye and not speak up, it doesn't help.
    Meneltel likes this.