New familiars

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Heck62, May 23, 2017.

1. Heck62 Active Member

The Obulus Familiars are labeled as Ethereal,but have legendary stats.Buyer beware!
    DoomDrake likes this.
  2. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Probably worth noting that the new PG familiar gives a 253 combat mit debuff. Have 24 of them in your raid and you get 6k worth of combat mit debuffs. (Equivalent to 24 epics).

So basically it's now a raid requirement if you want to be remotely competitive, and look forward to all those panic scripts.
  3. Caith Developer

The tooltip for the Combat Mit reduction on the Battlecat is a display bug. The actual reduction is much lower, 25 at level 100 and 2.5 below that. That display bug should be fixed in the next patch.
  4. Kickya Active Member

patch notes said 5 new familiars

the Battlecat in PG
    the matchstick man and the cube in OF
    and the other 3 merchants all have the statue

correct me if im wrong but thats 4 familiars and 6 merchants

wheres the 5th ?
  5. Xianthia Well-Known Member

Sarya has two familiars, not just the matchstick.
    Prissetta and Shmogre like this.
  6. Rainmare Well-Known Member

well so far there seems to be only 2 worth getting, the statue and the pg one. but if all the merchants that sell it use defenders medals, then the only one you really can get is the pg one, since there's virtually no way to get defender's medals anymore.

EDIT: I stand corrected, the Nye merchant trades out for defenders tokens now, rather then crusader. yay!
    Prissetta likes this.
  7. Rainmare Well-Known Member

Okay i just bought the Iksar Hero Statue from Thalumbra, and it won't cast. I get the message:
    [BUG] Cannot Cast. Failure type unimplemented: 43. Failure reason [unknown]
  8. Xianthia Well-Known Member

Remove your deity pet. Stacking issue is fixed for next down time (tuesday?)
  9. Aelfan Active Member

So we will be able to have a deity pet and a familiar?
  10. Xianthia Well-Known Member

I should have stated where I saw the answer. :)

Caith - Today at 1:09 PM
    Issue with the deity pet stacking is fixed for the next patch.
    Aelfan likes this.
  11. Veta Well-Known Member

Will the value of the other ethereal labeled familiars be increased? I have seen 4 of the new familiars and of those only the iksar and the cat have decent stats as well as an effect. The cat from proving grounds is currently best in slot for familiars. It has the highest stat values as well as the best effect. The proving grounds are already offering a lot of best in slot items, why keep adding more of a grind to them? If you feel like you don't want to increase their stats and give them an effect because the other tokens are easier to obtain, then increase the amount of currency/status/coin required to obtain them.
    Yoube and Yards like this.
  12. Yards Well-Known Member

I agree, stop trying to force this sh!tty pg content on everyone. Just by reading the forums you can tell that most of the player base hates pg's and only do them to grind out the bis item rewards. Pg's are flat out a dumb idea and even dumber to make bis items come from them, in fact the only thing that could be dumber is after pg's are bashed by basically the entire player base, to then turn around and add more bis items, oh wait did u just do th....
  13. Carni Active Member

I agree with the Proving grounds being a very poor idea, the real problem being that people are actually doing them. If everyone avoided them like the plague that they are, that message would get across loud and clear. When best equipment items come from something other than full raids, that is just wrong.
  14. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Where at new familiar sells at PG? same merchant? and how much it cost?
  15. Shmogre Well-Known Member

The PG familiar is the Proven Battlecat from Far'Saethe Dom in the PG Lobby, cost is 2500 Marks of Glory and 5,000p.
    captainbeatty451 and DoomDrake like this.
  16. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

That is a lot ...
    Shmogre likes this.
  17. captainbeatty451 Well-Known Member

is this a joke? did you add a second zero by accident? does this familiar have 20 fervor and 200 cb overcap?
  18. Shmogre Well-Known Member

Here's the cat:
    [IMG]

Note that per Caith, the combat mit is a display bug:
  19. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

it had decent CMIT debuff (but it turns to be hoax as per developers) nice stats but that's all it had (from my understanding)
    Btw in OF currency merchant selling merely "uncommon" familiar that marked "ethereal" for 2500 currency and given fact how common familiars drops in AS/Solo mission crates and how often you get uncommon familiar from it (I got like 4 or 5 already) - buying for 2500 currency a bit overkill too (I'd understand if stats would be at least "rare" level)
    captainbeatty451 likes this.
  20. semisus Does not play this game

a 25 combat mit debuff? seems very low for a item this expensive , im nowhere there yet and will want other stuff first but i think a drop from what it says to a 25 combat mit decrease seems a bit much