Do I need to claim the free level 100 today?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Altho, May 22, 2017.

1. Altho Well-Known Member

I've logged in just about everyday, I know its in my claim window but I have no claimed it yet on any character.
  2. Bunji Developer

You can claim it anytime.
  3. Altho Well-Known Member

Ok then there is no rush to claim it today, glad to hear!
  4. Pharone Active Member

Considering it is a heirloom bauble that you can put in your shared bank, I see no reason to leave it in claims for an "oopsy we didn't think it would go away" moment. Just saying.
  5. Tkia Well-Known Member

Except to do that you have to decide now which server you'd like to use it on.
    Xianthia likes this.
  6. Pharone Active Member

That's a true statement. That never occurred to me because I generally play on one server.
  7. Gemo Member

I just love the reply after a Dev says you can claim it anytime. I am not sure what else it would take to reassure people that it won't just vanish when the event ends. From the chat channels in game, it's almost like some players know more then the Devs lol
  8. Tanek New Member

People could assume that was what it meant (especially when posted the last day the boost would be granted at login), but when posted earlier it was ambiguous enough that it could have meant "anytime during the offer". This would be the less likely interpretation, but anyone who has played MMOs for a while has to have learned to be a little cautious when making assumptions.

Even the tweet they sent out yesterday could have been interpreted multiple ways.
    "Today is the last day to get a free level 100 character boost! Make sure you have logged in and claimed it!"
    Yes, you needed to have logged in, but the boost item did not need to be claimed right away.

All Daybreak needed to do was clarify, either here on the forum or in response to that tweet. I don't think they did. Something like, "If you have logged in prior to the end of the offer and have the Level 100 Boost Bauble in your claim window, you can claim it from there even after May 22nd" would have gone a long way toward clarity and reassuring people that it would not vanish in a puff of ambiguous language. :)
  9. ugloopni Active Member

info is never clear and concise, always worded as ambiguously as possible to cause maximum confusion. multiple tweets and multiple dev comments and you still can't be certain what is actually up since only part of the question is answered and in 10 minutes there'll be another announcement muddying the previous clarification and still not answering the question fully.

"players like to be confused hyuk hyuk" --staff
  10. Xianthia Well-Known Member

Bunji stated it could be claimed anytime.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...the-free-level-100-today.578674/#post-6438802

There's also a screen shot of Caith's response.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...tion-about-the-level-100-bauble.578292/page-2

The information is out there. I think muddying the waters is mostly from the player side.
    I do agree that the tweet could have been less open for discussion.
  11. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

Sometimes they do. Often though it's a matter of trust, or lack thereof.