Error..Welcome to Norrath

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Theabelle, May 20, 2017.

1. Theabelle New Member

I am trying to get back into the game. Every time I try to log in I get a screen showing me "Welcome to Norrath". The only option there is, is to delete the character I am on. I am certainly not doing that. Tuti is maxed.
    Someone please help me. (I have played all day except stopping to eat)
  2. Theabelle New Member

Is there a GM out there that can help me please? I have played this game since day 1 and now I can't get in it. I don't like the idea of paying for something I can't even use.
  3. Theabelle New Member

As of right now I have tweeted Daybreak on two different people. I have gone to the tracker site and posted there. Also this forum. I am hoping to get the right person to look at my issue.
  4. Katz Well-Known Member

If you haven't played since mergers, you should go in and delete your cache files. Then just login without selecting a character. You should see your characters then. It is probably trying to load your old server.
  5. Theabelle New Member

Thank you kindly for your reply. I have been playing right along with no troubles up until yesterday.
  6. Katz Well-Known Member

hmmm... well the only other thing I can think of is that I was having a problem and went to Microsoft help site via the device performance and health area and got a troubleshooting tool. It looked at the device drivers and repaired some things and then I rebooted and I haven't had a fatal error since then. That was only a few hours ago and I might be overly optimistic but I think it helped.

I also went into my eq2 folder and pulled all the files from old servers into a separate file (such as logs, uisettings and stuff). I then used the launcher validate to check the eq2 files.

I don't know if any of that will help you but seemed to work for me.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  7. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

It is highly unlikely you will get DBG support in this forum. This is players attempting to help other players. For DBG help you will need to petition and update it about an hour after so they know it is a real person asking for help and you really need help.

Cyrrena
  8. Theabelle New Member

Thank you for your advice. I have tweeted a couple people within Daybreak, petitioned and also posted on the trackable site besides here. The issue is still ongoing. I am guessing maybe it is because this is Sunday.
  9. Gninja Developer

Can you PM me about this? Include as much details as you can. Character name, What was the last thing you did before they stopped showing up, Member or not? etc. I will help in any way I can.
    Ellah and Katz like this.
  10. Theabelle New Member

I am so very greatful that you responded to me. Thank you so very much. That being said I had a friend of mine go into my laptop and he straightened it out. He did 2 things but not quite sure which one fixed it.
    1) He went into the EQ2 file called [My Login Name]_characters.ini he renamed this as old_[My Login Name]_characters.ini. Then we tried to log in again by entering the username and password..
    2)He selected specific character on launcher screen to get back into the game.
    (i had tried the second one before and gotten no where so I tend to believe the first option above is what cleared things up for me to log back in again.)

Looking at the "Old" file, we saw that one of my characters (Tuti) was listed as being in BOTH Battlegrounds AND Skyfire. The newly created file contained just one entry for Tuti so my friend thinks it was a corrupted character.ini file (#1).
    Katz likes this.