Raid Mobs with Charms

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Sprok, May 11, 2017.

1. Sprok Active Member

Once again as we enter a new expansion we encounter another mob with a charm effect that targets a random raid member.

Once again for some reason that charm can hit pets, summoner pets, enchanter pets, shaman dogs, warden trees, etc...

Once again any time one of those pets gets charmed the fight just completely resets so any class that uses a pet in any form just loses half of their identity on those fights. I can't believe how long this has taken to troubleshoot and still hasn't been fixed.

The last fix we got related to this issue was them just removing the charm from the fight.
  2. Sprok Active Member

It seems in my outrage I forgot to post the mob name, I'm referring to Perah'Celcis this expansion.

As well as Qxectus Qxectus and Miragul from last expansion.
  3. Sprok Active Member

Another update, Maalus Imbued also has a randomly targeted charm and also resets if it targets a pet.

Please fix this, it is the most annoying bug to ever plague raiding in this game, and it's been a problem for months. Either you try to use pets and play russian roulette with your pull, or you cancel all your pets and a ton of your classes just lose part of their identity/playstyle.
  4. Meneltel Well-Known Member

And some of their utility or dps or whatever. The classes were supposed to be balance around all the abilities of each class in play (Warrior vs Paladin vs Necromancer vs Warden etc) so if part of the class can't be used due to a glitch, it makes that class (or classes) weaker in comparison and that hurts the raid!
  5. Caul Shivers Active Member

If it wasn't so frustrating, it'd be hilarious.

We lost (I think) 3 nights on Silverwing AFTER the first kill in RoK.
    We lost a night on Xebnok before finding a way to work around that charm.
    We lost a night on QQ in TSO.
    We had dozens of resets from other mobs during TLE, from vampires in Mistmoore to random mobs like Captain Ikalus in ToMC.

I mean, I appreciate the devs' job may be hard and they may be understaffed, but can you please look at all the raid mobs with charms and either make it work or remove it and replace with something meaningful.

It has literally lost us people in guild who gave up on the game, and I can't imagine any raid frustrations with broken mechanics will help in an SF expansion that has such underwhelming heroic content and pointless items.
    ringgirl_UFC likes this.
  6. Kalika Well-Known Member

Honestly charm should be nerfed because Paladins have to keep LOH down for such mobs and also their other %base heals. Quite annoying when your MT or OT throw a complete heal on on epic mob or even a 40% one.

Please Disable %base heal from charmed toons, it s quite annoying to have a paladin topping the heal parse and it's also annoying to ask him to keep some his defensive abilities down.
  7. Zlith Member

Gninja created a new raid channel in EQ2 Discord last night and today responded to this issue.

Gninja at 8:47 am PDT
    Feel free to PM me the boss names. The bug has to do with how the bosses back then were scripted. In order to fix it those fight need to be nearly completely rescripted. Most of the time they aren't charming pets they are just dropping the rest of the raid off the aggro list when a player goes to get charmed.

It's got something to do with pets being on hate list but not necessarily it trying to charm the pet. There is code in place where if someone with a pet is charmed the pet is supposed to drop off aggro list too but instead it clears hate list. Hope that makes sense.
  8. Gninja Developer

Keep reporting about mobs charms breaking encounters either here or in PMs to me where I can keep a running list and I will look at each one as I get time. Can't give a timetable sorry!
  9. Apan Member

Gees Gninja I hate to be hard on you dude but how will you get time to look at this and everything else that's not working properly.
    Between this class dps and proving grounds you'll have 24/7 for a year to fix anything.
  10. Apan Member

P.S when you get time can you fix warlock DPS
    PS.S IT'S a shame that daybreak had to turn off texted dps to keep players from getting kicked from proving ground matches because of lack of dps
  11. Gninja Developer

That's easy!

I don't deal with Classes, Proving Grounds, Warlocks, or Logging! I got my own bugs to fix tyvm :p
  12. Apan Member

LOL Gninja that away to put me in my place.:D
    I seen a DEV that actually comment on a post and thought I'd throw a few things you could fix while you were at it.
    The way it looks is your only one working there. To many chiefs and not enough indians causes that.
    You should call a pow wow and make them fix everything.