Why new PG so hard?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Eoria, May 18, 2017.

1. Earar Well-Known Member

at least no rage quit on roots

well did it this morning with a good group : monk defiler fury illu (me) dirge and conju

between 12 and 16 min (blue side definitly has more HP). My illu is now spec buff bot .. That's a thing I enjoy in PG .. my AAs are worth something again.

but yeah it really depends on group

yesterday I was tank .. single heal mystic couldn't keep me alive and I couldn't keep aggro on mobs. Don't remember the exact setup of group, but while yesterday I couldn't pull too many mobs or would be killed, today the monk could.
    Is defiler better than mystic there ? do u trully need 2 heals ? Don't know
  2. Conifur Well-Known Member

We were alone (no one on blue side) and could not even come close to killing the final encounter. What is the trick? Most of the time I was a live I was forced target on myself.
  3. Eoria Member

First 2 groups I (pal) was in with 1mystic healer... kept wiping on 3rd mob.
    3rd group was with mystic and warden, still kept wiping on 3rd mob.
    No adds aggro issue, since I was the always first to die.
    I was started to go insane that I am so sucking or what?

Then I had a group with 1 fury.. we finished zone.

I got no idea how, I played same way.
    So confusing.
  4. Lucus Well-Known Member

it's down to group makeup and skill on the 3rd name and hoping that if you are on the blue side that none of the adds spawn with inflated health or mit then a little luck for good measure.

it's hard even with a premade group on the third named. i've fought it and wiped then fought it again and defeated him as a mystic.

of all the fights in the PGs that one is the most tank and healer skill dependant of them all.

the named puts a physical det on you that forces you to target yourself you ether need a priest to cure you or cure yourself with cure pots.
  5. Conifur Well-Known Member

Had no problem with any named but the final encounter. You have to get the one into the vortex's to damage her right? So she needs to be killed first? What is the stupid white drake? Does the dragon do anything? Is there a item needed like there is for the last fight in the first one?
  6. Lucus Well-Known Member

when you can't damage the named just burn the drake and kill it then drag the named to the vortex if you are the tank, once it's vulnerable burn it.

the add is a problem because you can't be sure it will stay on the tank even if the dps is burning it with just aoes when the named is being damaged.
  7. Raeven Well-Known Member

The posts about the difference between blue and red sides explains a lot. Have not managed to finished it yet, but was in a couple PUGs that managed to make progress. Then, was in one where a decently geared paladin (meaning not raid gear, but also not insta 100 or Twark gear) could not survive first trash mobs even with my mystic warding him.

Was in another where we managed, after a looooong time and many many deaths, to take out the first named, and then we quit. Had no tank in that one, and we were only 5.

Not only does blue side seem to have more HP, but they hit harder too.

And all the people who tried and ended up on blue side with massive failure, will probably never try again.

This is sad.
    Meneltel likes this.
  8. Kielex Well-Known Member

Still not a single day has passed where there are no major bugs in PG.
    Justaplayer and Meneltel like this.
  9. Conifur Well-Known Member

Final mobs have a buff that makes them immune unless you have 6 people.
    Raeven likes this.
  10. Luhai Active Member

I can't confirm this. Yesterday, we had to finish the zone with 5 people, because one of the 3 shamans in our PuG dropped from the group and didn't get replaced. We were still able to kill the final mob.
    Raeven likes this.
  11. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Final named buff appears to give the named 10% DR for each player Missing on the other team. So if the other team only has 3 players, your mob gains 30% DR.

What the point of it is I dont know, especially when the other team just quits and you end up 60% DR.
  12. Uxtalzon Active Member

Guess I got into blue side every time. I wasn't paying attention to what color I was or the other team. First time we were just trying to learn the layout, but 40 minutes in people were complaining that something was really wrong. First boss just took a long time. Second boss two-shot me and anyone else, so we barely beat him by rezzing each other faster than he could kill us basically. Third boss would summon all sleeping pirates at once and wipe us, making it impossible. That's when people left and that meant no success.

Every other group never made it to the first boss. Players left as soon as they noticed we were blue. 90 minutes of PG and less than 20 marks to show for.

[IMG]
    Mizgamer62 and captainbeatty451 like this.
  13. captainbeatty451 Well-Known Member

and unfortunately this is going to be rampant now that it was confirmed on discord that blue is broken until next fix. Unless that fix is coming in today.
    Cyrrena, Mizgamer62 and Uxtalzon like this.
  14. Conifur Well-Known Member

Maybe because there was no other team we were screwed.
  15. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

It did not reset Ascending for me in Battle for Fer(what ever)
  16. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

My famous words "I TOLD YOU SO!" (about that PG will be "fixed" or "nerfed" once top 1% finish with getting cream out of the PGs)
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  17. Earar Well-Known Member

but WHY ? what's the point ?
  18. Ansom Active Member

:eek:
  19. Chrol Developer

That should only apply to your own team missing members. If not, it'll be fixed.

Will also fix the drakes not resetting on a wipe.

And as probably already mentioned, the blue side pirate hp will be fixed.
    Beee and Pharone like this.
  20. Stach Well-Known Member

Did this with a 4 friends and adding 2 pugs for group last night, Tank was average geared and mystic was average gear also. After figuring out the 3 mob needed the yellow curse cured before the red curse (or was it otherway around?) we managed to do it. Can't remember what color we were, but only real complaint I have is the adds on the 3rd mob come way too quick on the second round. Plus having like 9 of them in gives you the penalty buff. Through no fault of your own, but because of the script. Slow the adds down the rest is very doable by and average group in 20 - 30 mins