[BUG] Charm (Optional) no longer usable/equippable

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Explorer, May 18, 2017.

1. Explorer New Member

I am on the Footsteps of Dartain signature questline. Even if it's not max-level, it is one of the basic storylines in the game, lore-wise. On the quest Experimentation, at a certain point the kobold Eglak gives me an Enchanted Slobberjaw Eye to locate and release some spirits. This eye used to be of the charm (optional) slot. Now it does not have a slot in its examine window, so it can no longer be equipped (neither double clicking nor hotbar work). Additionally, right clicking it does not provide a use option.
    The Eye grants ultravision so I guessed I could locate the quest updates with another ultravision item. However, I used gnomish shades to no avail.

I have opened a support ticket, sent an in-game /bug report, posted this in the dashboard (https://dgcissuetracker.com/browse/EQII-953) and found others with similar problems in the forums (https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/bug-ts-charm-items.578385/). Looks like more former charm (optional) items were affected.

As I see you are fixing other problems in the servers, please address that too.
  2. Dooh Member

have you tried dragging it to an open charm slot directly?
    Kaitheel likes this.
  3. Kaitheel Developer

Dooh is correct, Explorer. Thankfully, you can still drag the item directly into an open charm slot. Once there, you can right-click it, and choose "Use".

But you did identify a bug for us to resolve. It is intended that you can use this item from your inventory, so that will be fixed with a future update. Thank you!

~ Kaitheel
    Dude and Shmogre like this.
  4. Explorer New Member

Thank you, dragging it to the charm slot works! I really appreciate your taking the time to help me. Thank you for resolving this, and for keeping our lovely game alive ^_^ Have fun!
    Kaitheel likes this.