The T4's that are left

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Yards, May 13, 2017.

1. Gninja Developer

I'm not saying these encounters are perfect. The first few guilds are bound to find something wrong, but I am also working with those guilds (all guilds pulling said encounters) to get stuff fixed and fixed fast as possible. I'm not sitting at my desk on my hands laughing maniacally.
    Darkale, Xephane and Jrox like this.
  2. Revanu Well-Known Member

;)

The laughing maniacally would at least be pretty humorous.
    Xephane, Feldon and Snikkety like this.
  3. -Soteria- Well-Known Member

I have no complaints about figuring out scripts... for me the most rewarding fight this year was T4 Shanaira and we spent days at basically square one trying to figure that one out.

What's bumming me out is the stuff Yards and Kioske are referring to - Each new encounter seems to take a really steep jump (on hp? combat mit? some other mitigation? damage reduction?) when we first reach them compared to the previous encounter. We seem to figure out the script to an extent but can't make meaningful progress toward actually executing it because we're ridiculously far from making the necessary dps checks. Not like we need 20% or 30% more damage so everybody use your clickies and lets execute the script better so we can make it... like we could fight this until the enrage timer and not get it below 70%. But then, after several weeks there is a patch saying the encounter has been adjusted, and then 5 guilds kill it within a couple of pulls on patch day.

My suggestion is... must everything have an enrage timer? Those make sense on some encounters, but it's kind of new having those on every single fight. If it weren't for them, you wouldn't necessarily have to tune the encounter to a 10, 15, 20 minute kill time for it to be possible. Don't tune things down at all... just take the enrage timers off, then sit at your desk and laugh maniacally while we try to survive 30+ minutes the first time we kill stuff.
    Mizgamer62, Livejazz, Feldon and 3 others like this.
  4. Yards Well-Known Member

I really do not like the frenzy and enrage script elements that have been implemented on all the raid encounters lately. I understand when and why they came about but they were for unique circumstances. The enrage timer was during ToT psionist and the frenzy was during the KA ascension mess.

As far as enrage timer I would much rather fights get harder as time goes on until that specific raid hits its tipping point to where they can't heal enough or can't dps enough or can't keep up with the script. At a designated time the script could start to speed up or the encounter detriment could start to increase, or whatever other means to make the fight get harder. I enjoy hard fights, and to me a hard fight does not mean pulling a boss and then doing the math to see if it is killable within the enrage timer then moving on if it is not.

As far as frenzy timer goes, it may be required for the start of the expansion because lately it seems things have been put into live completely broken and it would be terrible to see an expansion cleared because X ability one shots raid bosses. After everything gets sorted out with abilities etc the enrage timer is really no longer needed. If the whole idea behind the enrage timer is to make it so you can't kill the boss without executing the script then there are other ways to go about this. You could implement the same ideas stated for the enrage timer, spawn more/adds, make the encounter ae hit harder, you could even stoneskin the name and spawn a ton of adds that the raid has to deal with while doing the script for the encounter. Anything to make the encounter more enjoyable because nobody likes sitting on their hands for 15 minutes. I would rather turn an easier fight into a shorter and harder fight rather than keep it a slow drawn out fight or a fight where I just go afk.

Some fights are really fun to figure out and fun to fight, I can tell a lot of thought were put into those. But still there are those fights that make me cringe because of how much of a time sync they are. For example, the majority of t1's and t2's in vadenmoor ( I know some have been changed to make them more bearable but they were the biggest waste of time for the longest time ) when you start to gear up from some of the harder content, the easier stuff should be a pushover and not a sit there and wait for an extremely slow script to go through its timers.
  5. Thand Well-Known Member

HAHA was not a complaining i was being silly, and there actual was a eq 1 raid in Matt mura like that. The dreaded Simon Says Raid :) I forget no on on the internet can hear you Sarcasm sometimes. Heck my guild has only killed 2 tier 3 mobs :) I would love people in eq 2 to experience the frustration that was figuring out the old PoP eq 1 Rathe Council raid
    DoomDrake likes this.
  6. Feldon Well-Known Member

Then get Drundered for unintended "class stacking".
    Mizgamer62, Livejazz, Mezrat and 3 others like this.
  7. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Well in my count actually first time killing Ralos Zek was the most frustrating experience :)
  8. Raenius Well-Known Member

Scripts which make you go booom just when someone made a mistake are 2nd option in my opinion - its always a better solution when you get uncurable detrimentals for some time you have to heal/dps-through and/or have to do something special in order to survive the pull.
    Jrox and Revanu like this.
  9. Thand Well-Known Member

72 people and if one person makes a mistake you lose, and no one on the server can try again for a week. At least raid mobs in eq2 Give feedback as to why you failed. And yah Rz was a Pain. Though My most memorable kill would of had to been the server first of Dain frostweaver. With just me as monk and a out of mana cleric left alive with the cleric "Rozco" getting the kill shot meleing
    DoomDrake likes this.
  10. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Cancel raids for 1 week, get 24 people, go farm PG's until everyone has 2500 tokens, buy the familiar x24, gain 6k Combat Mit debuffs, Win.
  11. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

how that familiar thing work? - every time you got cage you will get new type?
  12. Shmogre Well-Known Member

The merchants sell a specific familiar, so you know what you are getting. The PQs and missions drop a crate, which is a random (but weighted) selection of the familiars available in it, so you can end up with duplicates (search for "familiar" on the broker to see the crates - "Gilded" is the Marketplace crate, the other is the drop). There are also some specific familiars that are body drops; for example, people have gotten one of the drake familiars off drake minions in Darklight Woods.
  13. Shmogre Well-Known Member

Heads up, that combat mit is a "display bug":
    -Soteria- likes this.
  14. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

They will make these mobs killable when they feel like it, every xpac they leave the last few unkillable. I would bet they haven't finished mythicals so they don't want them to die. When they do they will ninja patch them. Cheers.
    Mezrat likes this.
  15. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

The last time we solved a broken raid mob by stacking classes all we got was a fish, of course this was before drunder was a thing.
    Mezrat likes this.
  16. Rocketjones Active Member

Very "outside of the box" thinking here...
    Adoninilol, Mezrat and Revanu like this.
  17. Morrdredd Member

18. Mezrat New Member

That was glorious.
    Rocketjones likes this.
  19. knine Well-Known Member

Top tier raids can't kill them yet. Was this DB's idea of making mythicals best in slot for 2 expansions. Are they going to be Level 105 items or 110 level items that we have to wait until the upcoming expansion to finally obtain and then equip ? Lol.
  20. StoneLegion Active Member

I see a lot of upset people here. I think the True issue here is the players and their immature whining and lack of constructive feedback.

What it looks like is the Developers tried their best to make a hard fight. There might be a mechanic / method people might be also missing that they need to learn as well. But from what I can tell they made the raids quite hard. I mean the worst thing ever is every raid out there getting it the first go. Overtime their slightly fine tuning and making it a bit easier and fixing issues and bugs that might happen.

Billion dollar company has failed at this quite bad too and has less classes and only 3-4 buttons and still has issues and when you say well they had a first blah blah. Don't forget were talking about almost 10 million players vs who knows how many.

Either way we need to get along a bit more and not be so rude. If I was a developer here I would say you know what I got other issues to worry about and these rude kids can just wait another week yet again to have this solved.