Rehash I am sure... Crafting Sucks

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by anraney, May 17, 2017.

1. anraney New Member

I cannot stand crafting. 1. It takes to long to level at suck a tedious task. 2. That amount of crafting it takes to level up could not possibly equal the required products, or money that the crafted item is worth. 3. If we have a stupid 100 level coin that can be purchased why is there not a Craft level increase option. If you use the 100 token you still have no crafting exp.

Personally... Crafting is a waste of time and effort. No matter how many times I level I can never keep crafting up to be able to use the crafting for anything important. So then i am stuck trying to play catch up with people who have been in the game for years.
    DoomDrake and Snikkety like this.
  2. Katz Well-Known Member

Are you doing the rush orders? I level them by doing the quests and rush order writs. If you try and level by crafting experience on items you will be totally frustrated. You get the most experience turning in the rush order writs.

Mostly I level the crafters to keep my army of alts supplied and to get the harvesting pony.
    Sambril and Prissetta like this.
  3. CharbrynEQ2 Well-Known Member

I, too, hate crafting. Especially the fact that I am forced to get to 100 crafter for my epic. It took me 3 days of my usual playtime during the last double exp time to get from level 2 to 100 on an alt. While in the grand scheme of things 3 days doesn't seem like a lot, it is a lot when you consider I had over 600% exp going (potion, vitality, vet bonus from other 100 crafters, and the server bonus). Also, that was 3 days I spent my game time doing nothing but crafting - no ascension, no tithe, no grouping. Nothing but rush writs until 95, and then it was off to Tranquil Sea to start the crafting questline there because that is faster than writs. I only have a certain amount of time to play between work, dinner, and bed, so I don't have the luxury of more than a couple hours of playtime in a given day.

I've said this before, but I think in lieu of a crafting token on the marketplace, if they are dead set against that, that it should be possible to commission the epic 2.0 crafting steps only by someone of the same class that has completed that crafting combine previously the "hard way". This makes sense, lore-wise, as you'd have to seek out someone who knows the recipe, and who better than a fellow priest/scout/fighter/mage? Anyway, that would be MY dream. A dream that, if met, would mean I could actually do my epic on all my characters, not just a select few that in 6 months might be nerfed into oblivion and unplayable. (lol)
    DoomDrake likes this.
  4. Melt Actually plays the game

Are you trying to say that you didn't enjoy playing whack-a-mole as a kid?

Yeah crafting sucks. I am also an altoholic, so I want good stuff on all my toons. But the cloak and epic 2.0 both require crafting and I don't know if I have the patience to deal with that.
    DoomDrake likes this.
  5. Finora Well-Known Member

I personally like crafting but I'm against forcing people to craft for an adventuring quest. I'm 100% behind them making the epic 2.0 combine commissionable.

The cloak, I'm sure there's going to be an alternative available (didn't devs say summer ethereals would include a cloak? Or was a dreaming? ).
    Sambril, DoomDrake and Enoibia like this.
  6. Conifur Well-Known Member

There are a few things crafting is good for and none of them are making armor or weapons. IMHO it is only good for making house items and consumables. Everything else is worthless in this game. Though maybe Sage will see a comeback now that they say the expansion will require linear spell improvement. Or people will DBC it like I think they really want to happen.
    DoomDrake and Uxtalzon like this.
  7. Katz Well-Known Member

I'm against forced crafting too. I think commission crafting should be allowed for adventurers that don't want to level crafting. I personally am ok with the crafting but I understand that some people don't like it at all.
    DoomDrake and Enoibia like this.
  8. Revel Well-Known Member

If you think its bad now, you should've seen it in the era of sub combines. On a double xp weekend and using potions you should be able to go from 1-95 in a few hours tops. After that, do the crafting timeline in phantom seas and it'll nearly finish you off.
    Season likes this.
  9. Uxtalzon Active Member

"An army marches on its stomach" - Napoleon. There's always a demand for food and consumables, because they're always used.

I thought being an armorer or weaponsmith would benefit my character. It did but the closer I got to 100, it became useless. Stuff is so cheap on the broker I can't even give my crafted stuff away.
  10. Cloudrat Well-Known Member

I love crafting and I resent them making adventurers have to craft to complete projects since they neglected to continue crafting requirements and put in commission crafting. I have tons and tons of crafters mainly because I wanted that earring for speed in dungeons back in the olden days and it took one of every crafter typed to make the parts lol. My mage got left behind losing the bards group speed buff so many times that earring was a godsend:)
    Now lol why it isn't all commission beats me :p
    Prissetta likes this.
  11. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Crafting has been apart of the game and necessary since the game launched.
    Until ToV expansion launched, you could get away with only being a 9 artisan. With ToV, came war runes that could be crafted and unless you wanted to be at the mercy of broker prices and finding a crafter to assist you, many took up crafting.
    Then AoM launched, with more runes to craft, leaving adventurers that crafted ahead of the pack and nice rewards for those that do craft.
    Along comes ToT's launch, it was stated before release that those that crafted as well as adventured, the rewards would be nice.
    When KA launched, the BIS cloak was for those that crafted.

One should not think of crafting as a separate entity, but an integral part of adventuring.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  12. Raff Well-Known Member

While I absolutely hate/despise crafting also. I disagree with the idea of a crafting token fo rthe Epic 2.0. That cheapens the 2.0 process and cheapens the accomplishment by everyone else who knuckled down and did what was necessary. Its a BIS item for this expansion and the next. Perhaps farther on. I work too. Only play on weekends these days, but I jumped through the hoops and got my 2.0...why should you be allowed a pass?
    Enoibia likes this.
  13. Finora Well-Known Member

And while that benefits me, I think it has been a bad move on the part of the devs to basically making it completely required in KA. Prior to that it's been more convenient to craft yourself and rewarded a handful of useful items that at least some people would use. Now it's do it or be left behind for the high end folks.

That leads to disgruntled players who don't enjoy the crafting system. And that might end (to my disgust) with the crafting system getting turned into the ultra-boring-insert components- click and forget it horror that is WoW crafting to quiet the complaints about 'how awful' eq2's crafting system is.

I certainly don't want a crafting token on the marketplace, but we have commission for a reason, they should make use of it.
    Sambril, Enoibia and Shmogre like this.
  14. Enoibia Well-Known Member

I don't mind crafting. I've levelled my crafters as I go along and I always run the tradeskill quest-lines in tandem with the adventure quest-lines. However, I completely understand that not everyone likes to play the same way, and to force the crafting on players now at this late stage in the game was not one of their better ideas.

I too would not like to see a crafting 100 token made available. I believe if you want the benefits of being a level 100 crafter you should level that crafter the regular way.

I agree that they should have employed the commission crafting system for the Epic 2.0. As Finora says, it's there for a reason. In addition, it is not without precedent since unless you are a woodworker, the Mage Epic 1.0 requires you to commission the crafting of the Dragon's Marrow.

From the wiki - for those not familiar with the Mage Epic:
    I'm ashamed to admit how long I carried my components around with me before I got brave enough to ask for help. :oops:
  15. Carynn Well-Known Member

Leveling crafters was great before they blocked off tradeskill writs as a viable way to give your guild status after level 100. Out of adventure vitality? Craft and get the reward of helping your guild. Can't do that anymore unless you're already level 100 crafter doing dailies.
  16. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

I hate crafting with passion and would not touch it with 7 feet pole if not stupid requirement for Epic 2.0 (you know I could live w/o cloak too - plenty option of 1k+ Pot cloaks around nowadays)
    Saying this - if I look back I'd say - crafting at occasion not make me irk but leveling from level 9 to level 100 was a PITA REGARD that I did have hammer of adept hands (every 3.5 days - full vitality) and full stash of draft of the wise (110% exp boost) - w/o those 2 boosters leveling crafter would be beyond miserable - still even with this it took about 24+ hours of /played to get it done
    Hence a suggestion - for love of the game and Christ sake - if you are selling/giving level 100 adventure chars why don't add price tag and SELL level 100 TS bauble? make 1 level 100 TS bauble claimable and sell on market place it for say 1000DBC - I BET a lot of ppl will buy it so say themselves from misery of crafting
    Snikkety likes this.
  17. Melt Actually plays the game

Yeah I recently main changed because I finally gave up hope on wizards being fixed... and now I get to craft again. How fun.
    DoomDrake likes this.
  18. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Wizards are looks actually "okey" on PGs thou :)
  19. CharbrynEQ2 Well-Known Member

I don't like the idea of a token either, although I could tell you right now it would sell like hotcakes. To me it would cheapen the work and effort true crafters have put in towards obtaining all the various recipes for their skill - there is a lot of faction work involved in some of those, and a lot of questing. I personally would want to see the epic 2.0 crafting requirements be commissionable. I underline that because that is the only thing I'd like to see changed. I think it's great that crafting to 100 is encouraged - the cloak being so great is awesome - but for the epic it should not be forced. As Finora mentioned, the precedent is there from epic 1.0, where wizard had to have their wand crafted but it could be commissioned.

I'm not sure how commissioning the one step per epic would cheapen the effort you put in, considering you don't have to do a single crafting quest, just grind writs to 100. I did that on my mystic recently. The crafting epic and various timelines are optional for nice things, but not required for the epic. That reads more like "I was forced to do this horrible thing for a week, so you have to as well, because you can't have nice things". :) QoL improvements can and do happen when merited.

This game, whether intended or not, always has cycles where there are FoTM classes, and also classes that are performing poorly. Raid guilds lose people and those left are forced to step into a new class to help the guild succeed. Making the lone crafting step in the epic 2.0 commissionable would at least soften the blow of class changes. At least in my opinion.
  20. Tanix Member

Wow...

This is why MMOs have been turned into crap.
    Raff likes this.