did the devs even test PGs?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by learpilot74, May 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. learpilot74 Active Member

How does it go bad to worse....completely broken at implementation. Amazing. Hopefully they give us an extra day or two of double currency.
  2. Fleshdecay Well-Known Member

Absolutely not. It's actually quite funny because they reworked Battlegrounds into Proving Grounds without notifying anyone. If that's not bad enough, they silently abandoned the rework for Battlegrounds before this incident as well.
    Mizgamer62 and learpilot74 like this.
  3. Vanyel Member

The first named is broken now.. can't damage it
  4. learpilot74 Active Member

I mean the level of failure on the implantation is amazing. There is no possible way this was tested correctly (or at all). It literally feels like someone's high school class project.
  5. Kielex Well-Known Member

If only they listened to the community for once...
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  6. Meneltel Well-Known Member

yes they tested it... it started up, didn't it? Beyond that I won't comment...
    Mizgamer62 and Cyrrena like this.
  7. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

"Does it load without crashing?"

"Usually."

"Good job, patch it in."
    -Soteria-, Mizgamer62 and Snikkety like this.
  8. Pharone Active Member

Is there any wonder why the devs avoid the forums? So much hate.
  9. Meneltel Well-Known Member

And yet they say Father Innoruuk is dead... Evil doesn't die, its just sleeps... so He must be taking a nap before the expansion comes out in late Fall!
    DoomDrake and Pharone like this.
  10. Pharone Active Member

Gonna be a long summer ;)
    DoomDrake likes this.
  11. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

How dare people voice their displeasure at having received a shoddy product! How dare they, sir!
  12. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

What is this 'testing' you speak of?
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  13. Mathafern Well-Known Member

There are two concepts in software engineering which I believe have come into play here:

1) Race condition: a timing issue which doesn't occur under test conditions, but when faced with more than one actual user on the system at the same time, may occur, causing things to happen in the wrong order, which results in crashes, people randomly joining the group, and general mayhem.

2) Users: The bane of software engineering and the source of ALL bugs. Users explore combinations of actions which no test plan would ever cover, and thereby uncover flaws, generate hacks, and run rampant over the rocks. Users can be dealt with by iteratively constraining possible inputs until only those inputs which were intended are available. BRING A FIGHTER.
  14. Pharone Active Member

There is a huge difference between voicing your displeasure and just plain being negative. Some people in this thread are just being negative for the sake of being negative.

Sure. DBG, and SoE before them, have made mistakes and had their share of failures. Being a negative nancy about it does nothing. Instead, offering constructive advice on how to correct the issues would be much more helpful.
  15. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

That has been done multiple times on multiple threads over multiple years and nothing comes of it as 99 percent of it is ignored and therefore, people do become negative as a result and feel less inclined to be gracious.
    Kalika and -Soteria- like this.
  16. Pharone Active Member

Oh I'm no stranger to dealing with what you are talking about. The reason my brother and I stopped playing Everquest 1 this last time was because they made a change to their "true-box" code on the Phinigel server which caused it to interpret the fact that my brother and I were playing from the same home as meaning we were boxing. After spending so much time on the Phinigel server, with one update to the server, we were no longer able to play there anymore unless we chose to play only when the other was not playing. We provided video showing it was actually two seperate computers and two seperate people playing to no avail. Not only did the ignore our requests for them to fix the issue, they flat out denied that it even happened even though we and OTHERS had video evidence of it happening. We created a ticket on their developer issue tracking web site, and they NEVER even acknowledged the ticket. So, we quit Everquest and had to say goodbye to all of our EQ friends.

To this day, my brother refuses to play anything related to Daybreak Games, and the only reason I am here in Everquest 2 now is because there just isn't anything out there worth playing.

So, yeah. I know what you are talking about. I really do. I'm just saying that they wont communicate with you if you are negative, and sadly even when you are positive, they probably wont communicate with you. BUT... at least if you are positive, they MIGHT read what you post.
    Kalika likes this.
  17. Dolgrin Active Member

I think the Dev's here doing there best.

My 2 cents
    Dolgrin
    Snikkety likes this.
  18. RadarX Community Manager

Voicing displeasure is fine but it needs to happen more constructively than I've been seeing recently. Given I've seen nothing specific in here other than "Proving Grounds don't work" I'm going to go ahead and close this. If you have specific issues those are perfectly fine to discuss and express concerns over.

I get everyone is frustrated, no one here likes bugs either, but let's focus on the issues not the people.
    Pharone, Jrox and Snikkety like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.