Price Cap on Kronos & No Trade

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Vunder, May 9, 2017.

1. Vunder Well-Known Member

I play many MMO's. One thing they all do that this game doesn't (and as a result has a some what STABLE economy) is there are mandated price caps on alternate virtual currency (Krono, Tokens, Ect). They also become NO TRADE our BOUND when bought from the games auction house. This prevents duping, illegal sales, and transfers to other servers, and stops gold farmers from controlling the economy.

Not this game. It can go from 800k to 1.6m in a matter of hours.

I can buy 10 kronos on Everquest 1 and move them to Everquest 2 to any server.
  2. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

This will ruin revenue for DB - thus not going to happen
  3. Gourdon Well-Known Member

The most popular MMO is the outlier, not Daybreak or Trion or CCP.
  4. Xakrein Well-Known Member

Can you please name the many MMOs that you play, which put price caps on Krono equivalents?
    Xerikton likes this.
  5. ugloopni Active Member

does wow still cap theirs? its the only one i can think of.
  6. Regolas Well-Known Member

Using a krono is a luxury for wealthy (in game) players. It makes no sense to cap it imo.

Plat continues to be generated by players through playing the game.

If you cap the price of kronos then more and more players can afford it, they become less desirable to the people that buy them for RL cash, and eventually will reduce in supply as less people buy them for dollars and introduce them into the economy, and more people can afford to buy them for plat and hoard them so they never have to pay real money for a subscription.

The current system works best for Daybreak. Kronos bought for RL cash remain desirable as it returns an appropriate level of plat for the economy, and it prices out a lot of players who are then forced to pay for a subscription to get the member benefits.

Kronos were never intended for everyone to use and every subscription is paid for by a smaller minority. They are a perk for the players who can earn enough to buy them.

I'd love to be able to play for free forever. I accept this won't happen unless I play 24/7
  7. Crastinal Active Member

You can also pay $18 to get your own Krono, and even pet it and squeeze it and love it and call it George.

It's not like one has to purchase a Krono to play the game or something. Nothing is preventing you from subscribing.
    And honestly, if suddenly DB intervened to say "hey, you can't sell it for a higher price even though there's people willing to pay because some players are whining about it", can you even imagine the #ragequit?

Well if you can then maybe you should. "Free to play your way" and all that.