Quest - Hunted by Light

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Xianthia, May 3, 2017.

1. Gelenor Well-Known Member

Goblin poaching [105] Heroic - all encounters/zones involved are solo
    Hunted By Light [106] Heroic - all encounters/zones involved are solo
    Light of the Destroyer [107] Heroic - all encounters/zones solo.. UNTIL the 4th stage when you get to The Destroyer's Refuge instance.

Grachnist the Destroyer is a heroic level 107 quest flagged named alone in a small zone, with nothing to interact with in zone to modify the encounter and a quest instruction to kill it. The latest test build before the live Game Update has still not changed this encounter. Grachnist still hits like a mac truck and has high avoidance.

You cannot zone anyone else in as a group and you cannot cov other players into the instance. (not tested with anyone on the same stage of quest). If this is meant to be a solo quest at this stage (quest guild reads.."I should... put en end to this terror"), it is far from it. If it is meant to be a "bring your friends" section...recommend the quest guide for the stage reflect this.
  2. Uncle Active Member

lil help on the baron wrorkshop part
  3. Xianthia Well-Known Member

I reported the damage issue with Grachnist, no reply but assumed it was because it's on test server toons and they aren't well geared.

If toons are on the same step, they have to zone in individually. However, Gninja mentioned on discord that is being changed - so I'm assuming it will be a group pull in after fixed/changed.
    Cronyn likes this.
  4. Cronyn Developer

You need a group for Grachnist - that's how it's intended. He's hard, and he will devour your face if you go in alone (more than likely).

What ISN'T intended is how hard it seems to be to get a group into the instance with you. As it is right now, you should be able to enter the instance if all of your group members are on the same step and each click on the object to enter. That isn't intuitive, and isn't how I want it to work - I'm making a change which will hopefully make it way easier to get a group in the instance with you.

I'll ping you guys when the change is in, and when you can expect it on live.
    Justaplayer likes this.
  5. Xianthia Well-Known Member

Just wanted to mention, group on live, I was only one without Epic 2.0, rest were super well geared. Mob hit hard and healed to 100%. He hit tank for over 100m and then we were all dead. Now that said, it may be that it's a new fight and we are missing the actual strategy.
  6. Cronyn Developer

Yeah, there's a strat to him. He's a jerkface, but he can be beat. :)
    Semperfifofum likes this.
  7. Xianthia Well-Known Member

He sure is! Think we figured it out. Now if could only find a group again :D
  8. Conmonnn Member

for Shrunken Legacy the updates seem to be a little vague in finding them. we have been able to find Home but not life or death updates
  9. Dyeana Active Member

Yea, finally managed him on Live server. One heck of a tough mob. Just how high of resolve is needed on him???

Had a tank with 21 million HP and he was getting wiped too. When someone dies, he heals. Need to joust him .... when he says kill kill kill. Still died 4 times in the fight. Seems to have a real high HP, a bit too much. And requires a really high resolve for all members or the stuff before his kill kill kill even can wipe members out. I still think he needs toned down. He doesn't need that high of HP with the kill-heals and mem wipes. Almost should allow a 2X raid to kill him.

Whole group should go in when the first person goes. The group members not at that point the should be able to help on the quest then. <<How about allowing a small raid to kill him .... (holds of a couple Boston Creame doughnuts and some StarBuck's coffee)>>:D

Blinded by the Light Destroyer Dye :p
    Cronyn likes this.
  10. Granymere New Member

I'm not sure what resolve Grachnist requires but we killed tonight with a group of Beastlord, Troubador, Inquisitor, 2 mages and Zhugrus. Beastlord tanked in Spiritual Stance because we couldn't find a tank. He has a lot of HP but fairly easy overall as long as you joust out 30 meters when he emotes his "KILL" dialogue.
  11. Yado Active Member

I found if you didn't have a mage to Dispell the mob your could hang it up. Both times I did it we, in fact, had 2 mages dispelling it. I can confirm that as long as you joust 30m your fine during his Kill kill kill emote but sometimes the mob will still one shot you without the emote. I was disappointed that once I had killed the mob on my main I couldn't use that toon to help anyone else kill it I had to catch up and come on an alt. For those whom want it here is and act trigger for the emote

<Trigger R="Kill, Kill, KILL!" SD="Joust now !!!" ST="3" CR="F" C=" General" T="F" TN="" Ta="F" />
  12. CharbrynEQ2 Well-Known Member

I did this fight tonight with a zerker, myself on brig, and a templar. We filled up a couple spots with Zhugrus. No dispells, no power drain, and we killed him. You can't use swarm pets and mercs have to joust with you. Anything by the named will heal him. It wasn't the fastest fight but we won the day.
  13. Kittybock Well-Known Member

We knocked this out pretty quick when we realized it was a Joust. I put together an Act Trigger real quick so we'd not miss the joust.
  14. Cronyn Developer

This should be fixed in the coming build. I'd prefer if people could help their friends if they're on this step - it should pull you in when the quest holder enters the instance.
    Beee, Prissetta, Dude and 4 others like this.
  15. Beee Well-Known Member

The new Heritage Quest Step Shrunken Legacy does NOT update @ Expert: Defeating the Kly
    not very important (will not happen very often :) ) - only a bit anoying
  16. Cronyn Developer

Yeah, your report was the first thing in my email when I got in this morning. ;-)

I'll take a look at it. I thought I had that covered, but I clearly missed it. Sorry about that, but I'm looking at it first thing.

Okay, SECOND thing. Coffee first.
    Beee and Prissetta like this.
  17. Dyeana Active Member

Hi Cronyn,

One thought today as I was working on weeklies .......

Can we get the named located in front of the destroyer instance entrance located to a new location. Either higher or south on another clift?

Reason; With folks coming up to this point in the quest, they camp at the location awaiting more folks who need an update for the quest. The named dies almost instantly as it spawns. While not a bad thing, it essentially makes the availiability of the named for the daily or weekly quests completions non-existant reducing named for the quests in zone by one. A new location would be useful for the named for all players concerned. Who knows, she might even grow more legs, or become a prized street stand snack. Think deep fried centipede on a stick with sriracha sauce.:rolleyes:

Thanks,

But she was
    Blinded by the light, revved up like a Dye ... Running in the night .....:p
    Shmogre, Prissetta and Cronyn like this.
  18. Cronyn Developer

Mmmmmm... sriracha... *drooooool*

Yeah, that's a good suggestion. Let me consult with the other designers and we'll find a good home for him. :)
    Shmogre and Prissetta like this.
  19. Shmogre Well-Known Member

Thank you, Cronyn. I hope Fleetfeet can find a good home (so we can then kill him with reason <grin>).

And thank you for suggesting it, Dyeana. I was just going to post that it was unfortunate that now both Salty and Fleetfeet are located smack in the middle of active quest ROIs, making them both essentially off the table for the weekly. :(
    Prissetta and Niami DenMother like this.
  20. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

Just chiming in about Grachnist. I'm thinking to try rooting him. Anyone tried root, mez, or silence? Might make it easier to survive the joust. I noticed that he ignores death saves and Divine Aura (SK), but not the death saves used by Inquisitors on you. The damage-reflection Inq effect is particularly nice. Anyone else notice that?

I know the mez will break, but my coercer has more of them, and any hits you can avoid is one more potential one-shot you're not going to take. My mind went to work when someone said "there is a strat." ;)

Thank you to the person who said Dispelling helps. Must try that. This is important to me because my SK didn't get ANY drops from the PQ and that earring would give him what he needs for 200 resolve. Meanwhile I'm working on Ascension and looking up the Fighter Epic 2.0. Seems like I may be stuck with routine chores until I get some drop from something that has a resolve in the teens at least.

Or maybe I should work on the Thallumbra timeline? I wonder if the triumph offhand would be enough of a boost. Anyway, knowing the strat for Grachnist would be quicker than other paths. ((Hugs)) for help. :)