Do Kronos count for this?

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Raeven, May 9, 2017.

1. Raeven Well-Known Member

Update notes say:

• Accounts created after April 20th may obtain the level 100 boost item by subscribing. Only a single boost will be granted per account.
    Does using a krono count as "subscribing" for this? Would be good to know to tell new players.
    Thanks!
  2. Vunder Well-Known Member

I don't use Kronos for subs, but I am curious also, as my son does.
  3. Raeven Well-Known Member

Maybe I should clarify what I am asking...

If someone creates an account on May 10th and uses a krono, will they get the level 100 bauble?

Essentially they could get a level 100 for the cost of a krono, which is what? $17? Rather than paying whatever it is that a 95 heroic character costs in the marketplace.

I suspect I will have guildies asking me about this, I need to know what to tell them.
  4. Mastary Member

I'm not a Dev but I do know this kronos count as membership so I would say yes kronoed account will get it as long as u atleast subed once or to start. Not sure about pure kronoed accounts tho tbh.
  5. Hexalobular Well-Known Member

An account created on or after the 20th of April that was subbed would still have their sub membership active.
    However it sounds like they wouldn't get the bauble if they jumped the gun and subscribed before the update.
  6. Raeven Well-Known Member

Really need an answer to this. Already getting questions from guildies. There are a lot of new players, accounts created since April 20th that are F2P. If they use a krono will they get the free level 100 boost?
  7. Gninja Developer

Krono gold status is treated exactly the same as a credit card gold account. The only difference is without a recurring credit card certain things on the marketplace are not visible. Claim rewards should not be affected by that.
    Shmogre and Raeven like this.
  8. Raeven Well-Known Member

Thank you, Gninja :)
  9. Hexalobular Well-Known Member

Sorry, I didn't see whose post I was replying to.
    I must say that I think the official info could have been clearer though, I don't think my interpretation was unreasonable.

I doubt that is quite true.
    The info about the offer at https://www.everquest2.com/news/level-100-character-boost-may-2017
    specifies that new accounts need an All Access Membership to get the bauble, the info page about Krono at
    https://www.everquest2.com/krono
    differentiates between All Access Membership and Regular Game Membership and specifies that it only extends All Access Membership time if you already have an All Access Membership, otherwise it gives you Regular Game Membership time.

So it sounds to me like using a Krono on a new account won't qualify that account to claim the bauble, but I suppose we won't know for sure until somebody tries it or a dev clarifies the matter.
  10. Shmogre Well-Known Member

Gninja *is* a dev. :)

(It's possible that FAQ is left over from when there were different levels of membership.)
    Prissetta likes this.