so the add on Shanaira expert...

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Kaarkula, Apr 30, 2017.

1. Ingerimm Well-Known Member

Who says people should not invest time? 25 deity points are already a lot of work and time, but it allows people to live a normal life.

And not only unemployed and wealthy people who do not have to work or exploiters who have earned these deity points in dishonest ways to participate in the endcontent.

If the problem is buried in the fact that only people have to invest more than 5 or 6 hours a day, 7 day a week, this is not a normal predictable season anymore and unrealistic.

People who regularly play and should not just have to go to the raids should have a chance and do not have to spend a year on deity points to collect to reach those who have exploited to get their deity points.

But this problem weakens with the demishing retun curve anyway. Therefore, it remains to be seen what will become of this problem.
    DoomDrake and Uncle like this.
  2. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

The adds on these encounters do seem a little high tuned. To a guild with Tithe grinders I can understand they don't seem so difficult, but I'd suggest you try these fights with guild members all at 20-25 pot, not 35+. It's all well and good saying you can go grind the Tithe, but realistically now it's not so much of an option.

Would I say its a major issue? Not so much, but something which hopefully after the Tithe changes, will be tuned a bit more accurately with the numbers. Balancing content for guilds with 30k Pot vs those with 25k can't be a simple process.
  3. Kaarkula Active Member

The point is pretty simple if they are dropping resolve in the zones to 580... then the adds or whatever else should be the same...

otherwise guess what.. you are wearing the gear to give yourself 653 resolve anyway.

So the 580 is completely pointless.
  4. Ingerimm Well-Known Member

In addition:

This is not the point. The point is that it should not be necessary to get gear from old content to make the endprogression in the new content possible.

The gear progression is not in the gear of the old addon, but in the gear of the current content, from solo to group to T1 raid to T2 raid to T3 raid to expert to T4 raid and no different.

It is right for everyone to be able to farm defenseless mobs in the old content to improve or optimize their gear level better. But this should never be the prerequisite to be able to play the current endcontent, so here I have decided to repeat.
    DoomDrake likes this.
  5. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Hmm I am not sure what you asking for? If encounters are pretty much same difficulty they should give pretty much same reward right? - then why even do experts?
    If I read you right your assumption that meeting resolve level for every raid members should give free pass for expert zone?
    Correct me if wrong but I thought that gateway for T1 expert is 606 raid resolve? which such raid resolve I'd be surprise if ppl not have enough DPS from Ascending along
  6. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

@Ingerimm
    I actually completely agree with concept that gear from previous tier should have zero effect ability (or not ability) of doing current content ... unfortunately developers have different opinion on that.
    Look in Epic 2.0 - UUUGE back track of doing old content
    Look on some T2/3 encounters they basically REQUIRED to have bottle of endless courage or fear prevent rune AGAIN from ToT era.
    As for damage output and points :) I am sure on 100% that having 40+ point in Pot DO help but I am kind of doubt that difference between 25 points and 40 points is something that make or break encounter yeah it will possibly make a difference between doing encounter normally and facerolling thou
  7. Pitta Active Member

Theoretically doesn't apply here. I am telling you with 100% certainty that the combat mit on the adds is based around approximated raid debuff values. This mob is killable if you debuff the adds.
    Revanu likes this.
  8. Revanu Well-Known Member

i miss pitta
    Pitta likes this.
  9. Kaarkula Active Member

What's funny is that no one is arguing about if the add is killable or not yet for some reason some of you keep bringing it up.

The point is that it makes no sense to have the add have 100 higher resolve then the main mob... and Gninja has admitted that it shouldn't be the case.

So....
  10. Gninja Developer

I've been wanting to jump in on the conversation, but you guys seemed to be having so much fun!

The adds having different resolve should be fixed next week.
    Karsa, Pitta, Shmogre and 1 other person like this.
  11. Ingerimm Well-Known Member

Fun should always be a part of a game ... hehe :)

And hey I'm a tank it's nice to see that my taunts work to draw some people with arguments into the conversation. ...
    Karsa likes this.