Need Help With a Launch Error

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Niboota, May 4, 2017.

1. Niboota Well-Known Member

I can't launch EQ2. I get this error even when I tried launch from the .exe. Does anyone know how I can fix this?

G:\live\eq2\framework\core\devices/DirectX9RenderDevice.ccp (1926)DirectX Error. (error)
    0087fd6c
  2. Bunji Developer

3. Niboota Well-Known Member

I ran this, but it said I had the most up-to-date version and an install wasn't necessary. Anything else I could try?
  4. Faeonara Well-Known Member

Try this Niboota
    Feldon said:
    “Or just extract this ZIP file into your EverQuest II directory...
    http://eq2wire.com/files/dx9eq2.zip
    Give that a try and see if it helps...crossing fingers for you.
    Prissetta likes this.
  5. Neijya New Member

I've been having the same 1926 error since right after the login server issues yesterday.
    These files didn't help.
    Doing a fresh reinstall of my display drivers didn't help either... I'm getting desperate! :(
  6. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

the graphics driver issue(s) not withstanding, has any attempt to use everquest2.exe directly from the \EverQuest II\ directory been made? and if so, what result(s)?
  7. Neijya New Member

Yes, and the result is the same error...
  8. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

ok, running down the basics:

#have you disabled your AV, your firewall, as both of those entities tend to be of a nanny mentality, "protecting you" without informing you.
    #what is the exact and full text of the error message you receive?
    #what operating system are you using?
    #have you gone to your video card manufacturer's website and obtained THEIR updated drivers for your card?
    MicroFlaccid often "updates" drivers, like they know better, and hence, the problems....
  9. Neijya New Member

#have you disabled your AV, your firewall, as both of those entities tend to be of a nanny mentality, "protecting you" without informing you.
    just did, no improvement

#what is the exact and full text of the error message you receive?
    [IMG]

#what operating system are you using?
    Windows 7 64

#have you gone to your video card manufacturer's website and obtained THEIR updated drivers for your card?

MicroFlaccid often "updates" drivers, like they know better, and hence, the problems....
    yep, even did a clean install...
  10. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

since these seem a graphics display issue, what say you to running the EQ2Settings.exe in the \EverQuest II\ directory, and setting all the graphics to their lowest setting?
    then if the game at least loads, you can then slowly raise the graphics quality(ies)

if I may ask... "clean install" suggests one formatted their hard drive, and reinstalled the OS from disk.
    rather a radical action if true.
    or did you go to the graphics card manufacturer's website i.e. nVidia, AMD/Radeon, and get their drivers for your specific card?
  11. Neijya New Member

By clean install, I meant I chose the "clean install" option of the driver installation, which should have removed the previous drivers completely instead of overwriting what's needed, if my understanding is correct?

Changing the graphics options didn't change anything :(

thanks for taking the time out of your day to try and walk me through this... I've opened a ticket including the dxdiagoutput file...
  12. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

You are most welcome, my apologies in being unable to assist.
    an idea for next time is to completely remove the drivers via the Computer Management/Device Manager, restart (yeah, with 256 colors) then install from the OEM's installer/CD.
    Please post upon your success otherwise,...
  13. Borracho New Member

I have gotten the same error myself every sense the login server issue as well. Now about every 20-30 mins I get booted to desktop with that error your getting. So it's for sure an issue cause by some change at daybreak. I quit playing for today I can't take anymore of it.
  14. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

Not necessarily; as I use multiple win7proSP1(64bit) personally Slipstreamed, Tweaked, and Security Hardened PCs, and have had no issue running the game for months' worth of patches.
    I would suggest it is a configuration issue on systems experiencing problems.
    DBG "help," I mean ZenDesk, is less than helpful when pressed with technical questions. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  15. Neijya New Member

I have been able to log back in!
    By...
    Setting my main monitor as my secondary one.

I first tried unplugging it, and the game worked! So I decided maybe it didn't like the HDMI adaptor I'm using.
    So I switched around the cables, and it would only work on my smaller screen.
    So, while attempting to disable the larger screen, I set it as secondary, and the game works, with both screens plugged in, as long as I set my larger monitor (a SyncMaster 2443BW) as secondary. Then I can drag the EQ2 window and resize it.

This is all so bizarre...