Now that people are getting done with all 4 ascensions, its time to uncap xp

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Revel, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Revel Well-Known Member

Alts and anyone coming back now are woefully behind. We're half way through the xpac.
  2. Vogie Active Member

I do believe they capped the XP because of the Tithe farming not the Ascension xp farming.
  3. Revel Well-Known Member

Which has been nerfed, and the points past 30 have been nerfed come May 2nd, so there is no reason not to do this.
    Jrox and Atan like this.
  4. Mermut Well-Known Member

My understanding for the xp change was to get people out of old content and into current content..
    Making it more efficient to run current groups rather then solo/duo farm old content is better for the long-term health of the game.
    Murfalad likes this.
  5. Revel Well-Known Member

I think maybe people are misunderstanding what I mean. Perhaps I phrased it too ambiguously. I meant uncap ascension xp. No more scrolls etc, just let people gain as much as they want per day doing heroics and solos in the current content.
    -Soteria-, Jrox and Ashandra like this.
  6. Mermut Well-Known Member

Gotcha. :)
  7. Malleria Well-Known Member

I have to agree. There's really no reason any more to have the time sink on ascension. If they're adding more ascension levels in the next expac then fine, put the scroll system back into play for those levels, but getting from 1-10 should be uncapped now.
  8. Thilka Member

+1. Let me grind until my eyeballs are dry, dusty, and crumbling.
    Lil Mantis likes this.
  9. Succulent Member

I understand where you are coming from and understand as im not at max lvl on 4th ascension yet, but really?, just because a handful are starting to get the charm lets smack them in the face for busting their *** to get their, im in favor of not lifting the xp cap for that reason
  10. Malleria Well-Known Member

It's not about making it easier to get the charm. It's about recognizing that the timesink has served its purpose, and letting it continue only hurts new and returning players, player that this game desperately needs if it's going to continue.
    DoomDrake and -Soteria- like this.
  11. Succulent Member

it served its purpose for the select few that have gotten he charm already. I am just tired of people wanting the game dumbed down for them because they don't what to put the time in to earn the rewards.
  12. Malleria Well-Known Member

At this point having one ascension class done or nearly done isn't a reward. It's a basic requirement. All future content is going to be balanced around having that. Even if they uncapped the first ascension class and required scrolls for the others it would be a huge step forward for the health of the game.
    DoomDrake likes this.
  13. semisus Does not play this game

Well i think its the wrong way , at first i thought that once we had gotten our first ascension maxed then the next one required less xp , but instead the scrolls just got more xp to burn and required people to grind even more
    If it instead had the requirement of less xp needed then that would have helped causals/alts/weekenders etc
    Im not far from being done and getting my charm but i dont think i have the energy to do this all over on a alt.
    Murfalad likes this.
  14. Xerikton Active Member

I think at sometime in the future they will take out the cap but my guess it would be around the next expansion. right now would only defeat its purpose: slowing down the rush through the current content.

I predict you will see more of like mechanics in future expansions.
  15. Kielex Well-Known Member

Open up ascension xp as far as the highest ascension xp possible char on your account, for example, 130 mil xp on main, 130 mil xp avail on alts.
    DoomDrake and Vunder like this.
  16. Xyza Member

I'll say as someone who has been considering returning (& hasn't bought the xpac yet), a big part of the reason I haven't decided to yet has to do with the ascension stuff. Between people complaining about scrolls/grinding & others talking about p2w due to having to go through every tier of every individual spell, overall sounds like more reason to stay away.
    Malleria and -Soteria- like this.
  17. Raff Well-Known Member

Getting done? Hardly...still working on my 3rd. RL & all, you know
  18. Raff Well-Known Member

Come to EQ2 based your decisions, not on what you read here. Or, at least, use some discernment. Every forum on every game bathes itself in negativity. Play the game and decide for yourself.
    Murfalad, Jrox and Shmogre like this.
  19. Season Active Member

They didn't have to work harder. They spent the same amount of time. They just had to wait instead of grind it out. If those people could've just grinded til they got it, they would have
    -Soteria- likes this.
  20. Vunder Well-Known Member

Or at the very lest, once you get one to 4 10's remove cap for the account
    Jrox and Kielex like this.