Question from a low level BL

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by Bansmo, Apr 27, 2017.

1. Bansmo New Member

Hey all,

Well just came back to EQ2 for another go round.

I started a BL, and so far I really enjoy the class, but there is one thing that annoys the crap out of me. It is the stupid blue and yellow paw that pops in the middle of my screen when my pet's advantages triggers.

Not sure if it is the resolution that I am playing with or the fact that I am using a HD tv as a monitor, but the paw print covers the entirety of the action in the middle of my screen, preventing me from seeing myself and the mobs that I am fighting.

I have tried but to no avail, so I am asking here if there is a way to relocate the position of the blue and yellow paw print when it is triggered. Any help is much appreciated.
  2. Fairin Active Member

f10 lets you move the interface around.
  3. Tearamina New Member

I was a bit startled by the paw thing in the on the screen but now I know it's going to happen and accept it. I love my BL. On the other hand, it doesn't cover all that much on my screen. I've never adjusted it and it's just fine. But I do move things around with f10 when I need to. It could be the resolution and/or the fact you are using a TV. You get a better picture on a monitor.
  4. Bansmo New Member

Thanks for the help, I did try the F10 earlier but the box did not show up. I had to press F10 while in combat, when the paw print triggered, there was a box to mess around with. So I was able to move it around and totally resize it. Thanks a lot.

Now onto my next question. So I am trying to track down Kenny after reading he is suggested on these forums. I am just wondering how far tracking actually works, is it zone wide or do I need to be within a few hundred meters for him to show up on my tracking?
  5. Fairin Active Member

it is a few hundred meters. maybe even 100... never really calculated it, if i was staring off however i'd take keyrin as a merc. not kenny.

i rated all the healing mercs, kenny is just barely above perrin/raffik in terms of output, inquisitor mercs come second (zhug) but nothing tops the gardening goblin.

healer merc of choice
    1. gardening goblin - highest healing (and dps!) output, no res no cure, i swore it could assassinate mobs in the past...
    2. keyrin - druid merc with hot's. high output, with res and whatnot. high dps due lack of attack spells
    3 inquisitor mercs like zhug - verdict. ok output of heals . not for massive pulls - zhug is fat, is detriment.
    4. kenny - just too slow to be effective / wards dont seem to be much effected by potency - also looks silly.
    5. raffik/perrin, just dont seem to cast enough to proc their heal when its needed most. like they wait for their heal to come back up... also they do not melee.. and merc dps is 99% melee.
    DoomDrake likes this.
  6. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

I feel that couple "pseudo" healing mercs are not listed here
    Hybrid druid/ranger - Sarnak merc from CE KA x-pack (and I think Dolas will mimic it in behavior - you get access to it after completion Epic 2.0). Those mercs do not res, have decent DPS, do cure, do heal (sort of ...)
    I conquer that really the award of the best merc should go to Gardening Golbin
    While technically his is a brigand (and do his brigand de-buff things) also this little bugger will buff you like no other merc does (like +15% to all stats). His healing scales with potency he have and CC - 4 stardust accolades and you literally have complete heal on each his hit. Only 1 draw back - he don't cure
    Fairin likes this.
  7. Fairin Active Member

you don't need no cure when yeh can't really die...
    DoomDrake likes this.