Consolidating Alts and Belongings from apt to central Prestige House

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Bhayar, Apr 24, 2017.

1. Bhayar Well-Known Member

I'm in the process of consolidating various alts from apts. to a central location in Freeport and Qeynos with one toon owning a prestige location in either. Unfortunately, the alts moving run into a game snag that says you can't move all their belongings you've packed into a box to the new location unless they "own" the house. I've tried making the toons who own the prestige house a "trustee" to see if they could move the box from apt to new location that they actually own, but that doesn't work either. Short of having the individual toon unpack the box and stick everything in the backpack, which is unwieldy at best, does anyone have a workaround that's less laborious?
  2. Hexalobular Well-Known Member

Have you tried having the trustee who owns the prestige house click on Move on the outside of the door of the house rather than trying to move the prepacked crate from inside the house?

I haven't tried that myself but the Wiki seems to imply that it is possible.
    If they point out that a non house owning trustee can't do it then presumably one that does own a house can.

"How to Move to a New House
    1. Go to the outside of the door to the house that you want to move furniture out of, to start the process.
    2. Right click on the door and choose the Access option from the list. Doing so will open the Housing and Leaderboard window (shown in the image to the right).
    3. Click on the Move Items button and a new window will open that lists all of the houses you own (This step is also shown in the image to the right).
    4. Choose the house you want to automatically send your furniture to by clicking on its address in the list.
    5. Click OK to complete the process and send your furniture to the new house.
    When this process is complete you can then travel to the house you've moved everything to and enter it. You will see a box in your house called a "Moving Crate". The Moving Crate will hold all of the furniture you moved until you click on it and remove each item to place it again.
    Note: Trustees that do not own a home (described in the Access section) can NOT use the Move button from the outside. At the most, they can pack all the items in the house in a Moving Crate.
    "
    http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Housing
  3. Sogapa Active Member

I believe this is just exactly what he's trying to do, but based upon the information you quoted, he cannot.

Bhayar, you could try putting boxes in your house vault on the characters you want to consolidate and move the furniture into those boxes. then from the large central home, place those items into the prestige house moving crate until you are ready to decorate. Then you can relinquish the house of your alt if you so choose. It is certainly more tedious than using moving crate directly from one home to the next, but better than using each characters inventory.

Alternatively, if you don't mind keeping the homes of your alt characters, you have permanently expanded vault space once you put those boxes in, and you can access that vault from any house you have trustee access on (maybe friend, but not sure), you don't have to be in that character's house to access the character's vault.
  4. santargria Well-Known Member

Not sure why one would want to do this, but I see trouble on the horizon.

I have many. many alts and each has multiple prestige homes.

The problem becomes, as your alts gain in levels and complete quests etc. and/or craft you will quickly run out of space even in a prestige house.

My advice if you want to consolidate is:
    1. Make 1 prestige house a portal/crafting hub with portals to the other prestige homes. In each of the secondary homes, place a portal from the main hub. This will allow easy travel among the houses and allow for expansion of items collected.
    2. Get your crafting tables and place them in the portal house as well
    3. Get your apprentices and place them in the portal house as well
    Aside from that, you could always purchase a Tier 1 guild house.

I have both a small guild house I use for traveling and merchants, as well as a main crafting and portal hub.

I started with the portal hub house first which is why I have my crafters there - also apprentices can't be placed in a guild hall so it makes it much simpler to consolidate my efforts

Either way, IMO AFAIK you can not do what you are attempting without doing it manually.

Good luck
    Febrith and Prissetta like this.
  5. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Thanks for all the responses. Naturally, it's Thursday and I came back home 4 hours after the alleged "brief " patch to find there's no access to the game. Problem resolved, haha.
  6. Finora Well-Known Member

Dev just stated they are having a platform issue, so no eta atm for the servers being available again.

As far as your housing issue is concerned, I can't say I've ever tried to move one character's crate into a house owned by another character, but I'm pretty sure its not something that can be done automatically.

I second Santargria. There is no way all the stuff I've accumulated on all my alts would fit in one house. Shoot, all the stuff I've accumulated on my 3 highest level characters won't fit in their respective single occupant houses.

If you are looking for a central location, that's easily workable. Just do as Santargria suggested.

I personally have my shared house (a prestige house) set up with my regular TS apprentices, depots, crafting tables and some buff & portal items, guild door etc. I have a secondary portal going to another house that has prestige portals to various alt's personal prestige homes (I've been around a really long time, everyone has at least the mistmoor veteran house) for them to have quick access to places to drop their junk and things that need to be sorted.
    After decorating the main shared house how I wanted it, I listed it on the leaderboards. All travel issues to it resolved. :)

If you aren't as much of a pack rat as I am, you may not need each of the individual houses, but I just can't get rid of house items I might eventually use in some decorating project or another, so it builds up.