Multiple crafting

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Whycan'tIhavemygamename, Apr 26, 2017.

1. Whycan'tIhavemygamename New Member

Is there a way to get every crafting class for a single toon and if so how?
  2. Hexalobular Well-Known Member

No,
    A character gets one crafting class, one adventuring class, tinkering and adorning (and maybe something other special like that.)

There are some special recipes that can be scribed and crafted by any crafting class, holiday recipes, crafting quests etc, but you can't scribe the normal recipe books of another crafting class unless you change your class in which case you revert to crafting level 10 or 20 and lose the recipes for the original class.
  3. Hexalobular Well-Known Member

Just curious, why do you want them all on one toon?
    Being somewhat of an altoholic I never gave it much thought, I just created more alts.
    First on 6 different accounts (so I had enough to start my own guild without asking for help) then when Station Cash (now DBC) was on sale I bought a whole bunch of extra slots on my main account.
    Though I am glad that I didn't seriously start leveling up alts until I had nine slots on my main accounts, but if you only wanted the extra toons for crafting I don't think having them on different accounts would be that big a deal.
    I can see benefits to both having toons on the same account and having them on different ones but I think I'd have to wait until I'm more clearheaded to consider the pros and cons of them being the same toon.
    I think I'm just too used to having to have them be different toons to clearly consider the opposite.

I did come here from Free Realms (another of Sony-Online's games (before Daybreak took over EQ2), now closed down) a much more cartoony game than EQ2 that had seven or so different separately leveled classes on a single toon (though that was one crafting class, one exploring class and the rest combat classes) and that seemed as natural at the time as the system here.
    It had no overland combat, so when you entered an instance you chose which class to use.
  4. santargria Well-Known Member

Having extra toons on the same account does have benefits.

For each lvl 100 toon, you get a bonus toward xp for that lvl type (I believe the bonus is 20%).

So for example if you have 5 lvl 100 crafters on the same account, lvling #6 will give you 100% more xp everytime you gain xp!

Same applies for Adventuring

The max bonus is 200% I believe

It's called Veteran Bonus - you can see if you are getting any at the character select screen - if "Veteran Bonus" is dim you are not getting any bonus, if it is highlighted you are getting bonus

If you have your toons spread across multiple accts you do not get the veteran bonus for them - only for the ones on the same acct

Also, having all crafting on toon would really make that toon unmanageable.

One reason being the sheer number of recipes available for each crafting class! There are hundreds for each and trying to manage them in game with the UI currently available would not be efficient to say the least
  5. Whycan'tIhavemygamename New Member

Yeah, I'm an altaholic as well but I've been spoiled with Entropia Universe and The Repopulation where there are no restrictions on class or crafting. I'm hooked on that now but there are problems, lol.
    The Repopulation has amazing crafting but the combat is like watching grass grow.
    Entropia Universe is amazing all around but just way too expensive to play.

Also, I wasn't aware you could have multiple accounts with Daybreak. Thanks for the heads up :)
  6. Soara2 Well-Known Member

I wish. Then I would not need to do crafting lines every expansion on 10 different characters. And yeah, I have 2 armorer's. Different accounts. Anyway, the time I usually spend doing that always pushes me way behind on the Adventure bus. I can't remember when the last time I could actually group with players my level in a zone my level. Wish they had a book I could buy for crafting, if I do the line on one, then I can have the stuff I need to get the alt's recipes. Still the best game I could ever dream of, but I am getting a little exhausted by it all. You CAN however have a crafter, and also that same character can tinker, adorn, transmute.
  7. Tillamook Member

about

I didn't know that.. thanks for the info about the crafting bonus.. have only got 3 at 100, but 4 more are close....
    santargria likes this.
  8. Whycan'tIhavemygamename New Member

Actually, this is a good point. The UI for crafting in this game really is terrible compared to the best I've seen. Could be worse I guess, lol.
    santargria likes this.
  9. Kethryl Active Member

We have asked over, and over, and over again for improvements to the recipe book / crafting UI, but sadly, nothing has ever come of it. We even said, 'just take the broker UI / filtering system, and apply it to recipes', as we don't need anything new and fancy, we just need something that's useful.