Cannot restore deleted character

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Tru of Guk, Apr 26, 2017.

1. Tru of Guk Member

Ok am hoping i can get some dev help here. I deleted all my live characters to play on Stormhold. I only did this realizing that i could buy them back with daybreak cash. Now with the producers letter I have been enticed back to Live and have found out that my characters are gone since they were deleted before the server mergers. Is it really true that my character that was made in Nov of 2004 is gone for good? Support page wasn't much help and it seemed like i got a lot of canned answers on my ticket reply. Any help I can get to restore my character would be greatly appreciated. I realize with the new bauble coming out that i could bump myself up but I will be missing all my grandmaster and ancient spells. On the deleted list on character select screen it shows him as being on Halls of Fate so this really confuses me as to how he is gone for good.
  2. Vunder Well-Known Member

If you deleted them PRIOR to a server merge, they are gone forever.

I know this from experience.
  3. Xyza Member

You would think if the character is in the delete list with the new server name that the character still exists. At least that makes sense to me, if the character is gone seems like it shouldn't be in the list at all.
  4. Ursa Minor Well-Known Member

Possibly that list is being populated from data cached on the client, especially since it has server names that are no longer active.
  5. Xyza Member

not saying his list doesn't have any characters listed with servers that are no longer active... I have no clue... but where did you get that from? he says the toon is listed as halls of fate, an active server
  6. Ursa Minor Well-Known Member

Faulty memory. I mis-remembered HoF as being one of the servers that was shut down.
  7. Tru of Guk Member

just want to note that i did delete the logincache, cache and assetcache before posting all of this. Character is still listed there as I type this with server HoF
  8. Arandar Well-Known Member

This isn't a client-side caching issue. It's on Daybreak's side, and it's been borked since they implemented this feature. It just hangs on to a list of deleted characters forever, regardless of when they were deleted or if recovery is actually possible. I'd think a proper design would automatically purge those characters on servers that no longer exist (e.g.: deleted pre-merge) as well as those that are very old (more than a year).

Alternatively, they should give account holders the ability to "clean up" their deleted characters themselves, with the appropriate warning messages in place.

Edit: By the way, if you had a deleted character on a server that was merged, that character will show up on the list of deleted characters with the name of the new server that the character would have been merged to. However, deleted characters were never really included with the merge process. So yeah, Daybreak managed to make things even more confusing by making it appear as though those deleted-before-merge characters can be recovered, when they really can't.
  9. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Send in a petition and ask if you can have that/those characters restored. You should get an email after submitting the petition reply to that so they know you really need help, if you don't receive the email open the petition within a few hours of submitting it and update that so they know you really need help.

Cyrrena
  10. Tru of Guk Member

already did the petition and got back a reply that basically said that character could not be restored but it seemed kind of a canned answer so i was hoping to get a dev on here. I can't really believe that they stripped the old servers of all the old information. Was really hoping that since my deleted character said its location was HoF that customer service was wrong.
  11. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

The first email is typically a canned response, that is why you have to reply or update the petition frequently.