Fallen gate fixed content?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by dirgenoobforreal, Apr 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

Will the new TLE be the exact same as Stormhold with bugged skills/AAs, raids and heroics? Will it have properly tuned content and not content that is cleared on a raid night? Will the itemization be decent?

or will the developers work hard as actually making it as close to an authentic experience as possible?

Many questions honestly and not a lot of answers right now. Maybe some answers and a live Q&A would be nice for people who is currently sitting on Stormhold and hoping we might get to experience just a tiny bit of the former experience EQ2 had to offer.

If nothing changes, what exactly is the point of the fallen gate server? There might be a few hundred that wanted to try Shattered Lands, DoF and so on that hasnt already been playing on Stormhold - But who playing right now would go play on FG if its the exact same experience that Stormhold had to deliver?
    Kalika and Mizgamer62 like this.
  2. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Chances are it'll be Stormhold 2.0, with minor tweaks made after lessons learnt.

I highly doubt there is any oppurtunity for someone to go through all of TLE again, and create a whole new server with differing aspects to the original TLE server.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  3. Xerikton Active Member

cant redo 10 years of content that has been over written. since there was never any back ups made everyone is forced to play what was the latest saved.

you cant go back to the beginning ever in this game. IT WAS NOT SAVED. it has been updated and over written patch by patch for years. people need to understand this and that repairing it to such just cant be done.
  4. Arandar Well-Known Member

There are some who might play because they missed the launch of Stormhold and never got to play vanilla, do the major quest lines (Fire & Ice, etc.) and so on. But if they're looking for an "authentic" EQ2 experience circa 2004, they need to understand they're not going to get that. Daybreak has made it clear they just do not have the resources to make it happen. Too much has changed, and they don't have staff to exclusively dedicate to a project like that. It's certainly not something that could be done in a few months, all the while working on new content for the standard servers at the same time.

I fully expect there's going to be a bunch of posts complaining about FG and the content there, just like there was when Stormhold was launched and the reality of what it was, and was not, became apparent. Those of us who have been on Stormhold since its launch will only be able to tell you "we told you so". So if you're interested in playing there, go in with realistic expectations.

There will also be some who play (initially) because of the promise of rewards on their standard server for completing HQs on FG. However, that's pretty much a "vanilla" draw because about half of the approx. 50 HQs in the game are in the vanilla content. The rest are scattered around, 1 in DoF, 3 in KoS, 6 in EoF and so on and once people have done those that are available to them, they'll have to wait 2-3 months to work on the next batch (depending on how quickly they level).

The people who are just interested in the HQ rewards on the live servers can easily have all of the vanilla ones done within two weeks. Then they get to wait for DoF, and it's 1 whole HQ, which again, they'll have done in a day or two after it unlocks. And then it's 3 months until KoS unlocks, and so on. Bottom line, people with that goal won't be "playing" on Fallen Gate. They'll be spending a few days there every quarter just to get new, shiny things for their "real" characters on the standard servers.

Edit: Oh, and expect this to also impact the price of krono. You'll have more people using them to "jump in" to complete the HQs for the rewards, and then leave. I'd expect the net increase in the total number of subscriptions for Daybreak to be fairly small.
  5. Regolas Well-Known Member

This new TLE unlocks the ability to do additional heritage quests on the live servers.

That's the difference
  6. Shmogre Well-Known Member

From what Kander said, it grants rewards on live servers, not new quests. There is a new KA heritage quest planned, but it doesn't seem to be tied to the TLE.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...der’s-candor-what’s-coming-up-in-2017.577982/

7. Arandar Well-Known Member

No, it doesn't.
  8. MikeySaysGo Member

I can promise you they still have the old information stored somewhere. Any coder,programmer knows that before you change something you first make back ups.. they are just too lazy/greedy to spend the time to make a real Time locked expansion. read the notes for the new eq1 agnarr server, they are doing way more to ensure a classic experience.
  9. Venser Active Member

wrong, move along, you will never have your EoF vanilla forever server.
  10. Fleshdecay Well-Known Member

Given that the people who use these forums are such a small portion of the player base, I've seen quite a few people on here asking about TLE when it's already been out for a while. I think a new one will go over well.
  11. Arandar Well-Known Member

It may go well for the first few weeks or so, particularly because of the HQ related rewards on the standard servers. Beyond that, I have my doubts. Heck, I hear more people in EQ2 talking about the EQ1 Agnarr TLP server than I do Fallen Gate.
    Mizgamer62 and MikeySaysGo like this.
  12. MikeySaysGo Member

No I am correct.I guarantee the information from the old days was saved, it's just a matter of taking the time and effort to change it back for a true time locked server. But you are probably right about me never getting my EOF server :( lol you have a good memory.
  13. MikeySaysGo Member

I think your right for many reasons; agnarr is doing more things right, they are permanently locking the game at the expansion that was the last and best before the game started to lose it's way. They are also putting more effort into ensuring a classic experience which they don't really do at all for the time locked eq2 servers.

I think unless they perma lock fallen gate server at some point or drastically lengthen the amount of time before expansions it's only going to take away from population of other servers and be redundant. I want an eq2 Agnarr server minus the x3 xp. How about agnarr for eq2 with x3 slower xp gain?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.