What is the reason behind no communication from staff to player?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Mizri, Apr 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mizri Active Member

Double scrolls out before any communication.

New event out and no communication.

Middle of April and still no producer letter.

When games I played in past resorted to not communicating with player base it always resulted in something bad.

Sad to see the best mmo at one time fall so far.
  2. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

Sadly the writing has been on the wall for a while now for any that cared enough to look.
  3. Meneltel Well-Known Member

I think that the Devs are forbidden, except under very controlled conditions, from even posting on the forums anymore. Some of them would joke gently or post but nothing even from them for weeks. It seems that the only place they are allowed to post is on Discord and their quotes are not allowed to be reposted on other sites, it seems. Since its all "unofficial" from them. Just the Dev the person speaking, not Dev the employee of DBG speaking. So all we get is the official posts here... with are late, incomplete and almost not worth reading at times, IMHO.
    CoLD MeTaL and Conifur like this.
  4. Brightblade New Member

Feels like a fancy "server tech" lately. I've taken Mizgamer's advice awhile back; basically don't waste your precious life/hours on a sinking ship that has no pump.
  5. Malahk Active Member

People need to stop going to Discord. These are our forums, not Discord.
    Siren, Mizgamer62 and Conifur like this.
  6. Kielex Well-Known Member

Now if the game update only includes 1 zone, they don't think people will complain cause they didn't promise a thing :D
  7. Mermut Well-Known Member

Don't put it all on the devs. Even things like the double scrolls and egg hunt weren't announced on the forums..
    That type of communication isn't the dev's responsibility. There seems to be a conscious effort on EQ2 'leadership's' part to attempt to phase out the forums by providing less and less official information here.
  8. Ronjah Active Member

Do you expect any ethically superior behavior than scapegoat mentality on these forums ? It was the wisest choice for them to say: **** y'all, we're out.
  9. Kalika Well-Known Member

The staff is proabable very minimal, they just maintain the things and try not to break the game even more.

A good example of that is the huge bug with melee dmg, it has a very important impact on the players of the TLE (imagine a level 20 warrior
  10. Praetorian Well-Known Member

As much as people will hate to read this. The devs are not at your Beck and Call. Events don't need to be announced. They wouldn't be 'special' events would they? Instead of the F2P OP who has only 6 posts on these forums saying hey thx for the double scrolls and the little easter event, we get a wtf devs post. Nice.

Perhaps the OP would want to communicate more on these forums before asking the devs to communicate more on them. Just a thought.
    Jrox, Cyrrena, Spindle and 1 other person like this.
  11. Xakrein Well-Known Member

I believe you should have left out the last paragraph. How many times the OP has posted on these forums, or their subscription status, is not relevant to the concern being raised.

As someone who has played since 2004, and has more than 6 posts, I do believe that communication has been a long running issue for EQ2 (under SOE and DBG), in various forms.

But as I have stated on a few other topics, I am at a point with EQ2, that I hope it plods along, with PVE updates that do more good than harm. Other luxuries fall into the wishful thinking basket.
  12. Xerikton Active Member

do you really blame them as in the past when ever something is stated the forums are flooded with a bunch of whining and negativity about what is posted.

besides it is corporate America where the few do the work of the many for the unappreciated.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  13. RadarX Community Manager

As this really isn't gameplay related I'm going to close it up.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.